Nowadays, flexible work hour options are common as opposed to 9-5 shifts. Companies that offer this type of scheduling establish rules including mandating eligibility policies. To determine the employee’s eligibility for a flexible schedule, companies use forms and documents. One of which is the employee availability form where an employee can plot his desired work hours.
What Is an Employee Availability Form?
An employee availability form is for recording an employee’s available schedules. The form will allow employees to inform the company of when they can work and when they will be off work. Also, the company can use the form to plot and organize their scheduling process. Benefits of having this form include effective communication and efficient productivity division.
With regards to the format, forms in Word are editable compared to other file formats. Using word-processing software application programs is the preferred method of editing Word-formatted forms.
List of Employee Availability Forms in MS Word | PDF
Employee Availability Agreement Form
Employee Availability Change Request Form
Employee Availability Form Sample
Employee Guaranteed Availability Pay Policy Form
Employee Vehicle Availability Form
Student Employee Work Availability Form
Employee Work Availability Forms
Types of Employee Availability Forms in Word
Word-formatted employee availability forms are easy to use and edit. Below are some of the common types of employee availability forms that companies can use:
1. Employee Availability Agreement Form: Job applicants are the ones who needs to fill out this type of form. The purpose of this form is to allow the applicant to know about the company’s scheduling. Three sections comprise this form. The first section will collect the applicant’s general information. The list of employee shift options will be in the second section. While the third section will be for the interviewer’s comments about the applicant.
2. Employee Availability Change Request Form: Employees who want to request their companies to have a schedule or shift change can use this form. The employee will need to state his preferred total work and service hours per week in the form. Also, the employee must fill in the area for the detailed day-to-day hourly schedule. The last step to complete the form is to sign the awareness agreement in the third section.
3. Employee Guaranteed Availability Pay Policy Form: This form serves as a guide for companies and their employees. The first part of the form will explain the company’s policies. The employment eligibility policy will be in the second part. While the payment policy and procedure will be the contents of the succeeding parts of the form.
4. Employee Vehicle Availability Form: Companies use this form to record the vehicle-usage request of an employee. With this form, the company can document the management’s response to the request. To fill out the form, the employee must disclose his name along with his vehicle request details. The company’s verification personnel will then have to verify and submit the form.
5. Student Employee Work Availability Form: Student employees need more availability options as compared to full-time workers. The form that these employees must use is a student employee work availability form. In the form, the student can plot his work and class schedules for the week. In the last part of the form, there is a box for further information about the student’s availability.
How to Create an Employee Availability Form in Word
Creating an employee availability form in Word-document format is easy. Follow the steps below to begin creating the form:
Step 1: Download and Open a Word-Processing Software Application
Two of the most well-known word-processing software applications are Microsoft Word and Apple Pages. After downloading your chosen software tool, open the application and create a new blank document sheet. Editing the margins and design preferences are also necessary before placing any content.
Step 2: Place the Letterhead of the Company
The letterhead must have the company’s name, address, logo, and corporate banner. The placement of the letterhead will be at the topmost part of the sheet.
Step 3: State the Title of the Form
The title will depend on the type of availability form. But, for the generic or basic type, the title should be “Employee Availability Form”. Highlighting the title is important to differentiate it from the rest of the contents.
Step 4: Create a Section for the Employee’s General Identification Information
This will be where the employee can state his fill name, signature, and job position or assignment. Underlines can serve as entry fields for the data of the employee. But, there should be appropriate labels beside each of the entry fields.
Step 5: Include the Form Completion and Submission Instructions
The instructions should be effective in guiding the employee towards completing the form. This includes the employment and hour eligibility requirements that the employee must meet.
Step 6: Incorporate a Table for the Employee Availability or Work Schedule Preferences
The number of columns in the table will depend on the company’s number of working days in a week. The most basic number of columns would be seven for each day of the week from Sunday to Saturday. Accompanying each column would be two rows for the label of the day of the week and the employee’s chosen work hours.
Step 7: Add an Approval Section
The approval section must have a signature block for the company’s authorized personnel. This would be where the authorized personnel can affix his signature and comments.
And the last step is to save the form to its default format depending on the application used. The general formats would be “.doc” format for Microsoft and “.pages” for Apple.
Converting Word-formatted formats can also be an option. If the company wants to use the form online, then a PDF or portable document file format will be preferable. And for companies who prefer to use rows, columns, and formulas for their form, an XLS format will be suitable. Online format converters are efficient to use if the intent is to convert and yet keep the same layout of the form. Offline converters are also useful if the software application is already available.
FREE 5+ Employee Shift Swap Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 21+ Employee Clearance Forms in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Employee Status Change Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 5+ Employee Nomination Forms in MS Word | PDF | Excel
FREE 25+ Employee Resignation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Employee Medical History Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Employee Promotion Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 4+ New Hire Forms in Excel | MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Employee Grievance Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Employee Termination Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Employment Declaration Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Employee Pay Increase Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 19+ Employee Clearance Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 6+ Employment Reference Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 6+ Sample Employee Shift Change Forms in PDF | MS Word