Travelling is not only for leisure purposes, but for educational and business purposes as well. Although more revenue is generated from travelling for leisure purposes, the revenue from educational and business travels is not one to be taken lightly. Before an employee, staff, or student is allowed to travel, there are certain Travel Forms that have to be filled out. One of which is Travel Request Forms. We have samples of various Travel Request Forms below that you can peruse for your own use or as a basis for your own forms. These sample forms are downloadable and easy to comprehend.
Business Travel Request Forms
Business Travel Trip Request Form
Student Business Travel Request Form
Business Travel Leave Request Form
Sample Business Travel Request Form
Employee Travel Request Forms
Employee Travel Request Form in PDF
Employee Travel Advance Request Form
Employee Local Travel Request Form
University Employee Travel Request Form
Staff Travel Request Forms
Staff Travel Reimbursement Request Form
Faculty and Staff Travel Request Form
Target Audience of Travel Request Forms
Basically, any company that wants to expand or improve their business by meeting with potential and existing clients can use Travel Request Forms. Aside from businesses, schools can also use Travel Request Forms to be filled out by students who wish to travel to attend a seminar or meeting, or for research purposes. Immigration officers and other companies in the travel industry may also make use of Travel Request Forms in their daily dealings, such as validating an individual’s travel forms for international travel.
Importance of Using Travel Request Forms
Like any other business forms, Travel Request Forms are important in a number of ways. They help a company make sure that all travels within the company are:
- Authorized – Like any other business transaction, it is important that any request or need to travel has to go through the proper channels and departments before it gets authorized. A Travel Request Form may require various signatures from various department heads to ensure that this process is duly complied. You may also see our sample Travel Approval Forms for more samples of this.
- Feasible – The funds and resources in a company are limited. Therefore, it is important to make sure that every resource they put out will ultimately benefit the company or help in the increase of their income. Because Travel Request Forms require information regarding the expenses and purpose of the trip, the deciding department heads, which usually includes the finance department, can decide whether or not the trip will be feasible and practical. They have to make sure that the cost of the trip is worth it, and that the trip will actually make a difference or have a contribution to the company.
- Substantiable – This means that the trip is presented with documents for proof. An example is the use of Employee Expense Reimbursement Forms. Certain receipts are to be presented when employees file a claim for their travel expenses, such as receipts for their meals, accommodation, and transportation. This helps the company make sure that all expenses are valid and reasonable. This protects them from employees who may use a business trip as an excuse to pay for personal expenses.
- Organized – Travel Request Forms can also be kept and recorded for future reference. Because there is a form that is specific to each purpose, one can make sure that the forms can be organized to avoid clutter and confusion, and to allow easier access of the forms when one would need it for reference. To help, these forms may also be recorded electronically to save space, and to do away with all the paperwork that could be piling up and creating clutter. But caution has to be exercised, because electronic data may be compromised and corrupted.
As you can see, Travel Request Forms make travel proposals easier to manage and organize. It helps ensure the continuity of business by making sure that the allocation of funds for travel is feasible and reasonable, and it helps promote transparency and honesty in the business because it requires business trips to be substantiated.
TTravel Advance Request Forms
Prepaid Travel Advance Request Form
Travel Advance Request Claim Form
Cash Travel Advance Request Form
Non-Travel Advance Request Form
Travel Authorization Request Forms
Travel Authorization Request Form Sample
Employee Travel Authorization Request Form
International Travel Authorization Request Form
Professional Travel Authorization Request Form
Divisional Travel Authorization Request Form
Travel Approval Request Forms
International Travel Approval Request Form
Sabbatical Travel Approval Request Form
School District Travel Approval Request Form
Pre-Approval Travel Request Form
Business Travel Request Forms
This is used by employees to request approval for business travels. Business trips are necessary for businesses to improve and expand. Employees can also go on business trips to meet with potential or existing clients. You may also see our other Business Forms for use in other business transactions.
Information to Be Included in Business Travel Request Forms
- Employment details of the employee who requests approval for the business travel, such as the employee number, department, and job title
- Travel details, such as the destination, mode of travel, and the departure and return dates
- Purpose of travel, such as the location and time if the purpose is to meet with a client
- Breakdown of estimated travel cost for meals, accommodation, and transportation
- A section for a travel advance, if necessary
- Signature of the employee, along with the date
- A section for the signature of the specific department heads who should approve the request
Travel Advance Request Forms
Travel Advance Request Forms are used to request for a travel advance. Contrary to a Travel Expense Reimbursement Form where the payment for the travel expenses is requested after the trip, a Travel Advance Request Form allows the traveler to request for an advanced payment before he travels, so that the money will not have to come out of his own pocket. This is more convenient for the traveler as opposed to having to spend his own money. This will also benefit the company in that the expenses would be more controlled because the total amount is already pre-approved.
Guidelines in Using Travel Advance Request Forms
- A detailed Travel Expense Form has to be submitted after the trip, wherein the employee will outline the expenses incurred, along with the receipts to substantiate the form. A certain period of time has to be given to the employee to comply, and failure to do so may merit a deduction of the amount of the travel advance from the employee’s payroll.
- Any remaining amount of the travel advance that was not used has to be returned to the employer. To document any remaining amount, a Travel Expense Form has to be used as well, along with the necessary receipts.
- The Travel Advance Request Form has to be filled out properly and accurately with detailed information so that the trip can be validated and so that the funds can be released. This form will have to go through various department heads for approval, which also includes the finance or business office of the company.
Travel Reimbursement Request Forms
Conference Travel Reimbursement Request Form
Travel Reimbursement Request Form
International Travel Reimbursement Request Form
Medical Travel Expense Reimbursement Request Form
Travel Assistance Request Forms
Faculty Travel Assistance Request Form
Graduate Student Travel Assistance Request Form
Travel Certification Assistance Request Form
Visitor Travel Request Forms
Short Term International Visit Travel Request Form
International Visitor Travel Request Form
Travel Validation Request Forms
Travel Validation and Address Change Request Form
Example of Travel Validation Request Form
Travel Reimbursement Request Forms
Where a Travel Advance was not provided prior to the trip, an employee would have to submit a Travel Expense Reimbursement Form or Travel Expense Claim Form so that he will be reimbursed for the travel expenses incurred during the trip. Sometimes, only one form is used regardless of whether a travel advance was acquired by the employee or whether the travel expenses will be taken from the employee’s own pocket and reimbursed after the trip. There would just be an option for the employee to indicate which is the case for his trip.
Expenses That Are to Be Reimbursed
- Accommodation – This is necessary if the trip will last for more than one day, and the employee would need to rent a hotel to stay overnight. This has to be listed in a daily manner.
- Transportation – This is the cost of transportation, no matter what the mode of transportation was, which has to be indicated in the form. If the employee used his personal car for transportation, he would have to be reimbursed for gas expenses. In this case, a Mileage Tracker has to be used to calculate how much the reimbursement would be, which would be dependent on the number of miles driven to get to and from the destination.
- Entertainment – If the employee met with a client and incurred entertainment expenses, it has to be reimbursed as well. Like accommodation expenses, this has to be listed in a daily manner.
- Meals – This includes the meals of the employee and the clients he will meet with, if there are any client meetings. Just like the accommodation and entertainment expenses, this has to be listed in a daily manner and not per meal.
When filing a claim for travel expenses, it is important to keep in mind that personal expenses should not be included. These are expenses that would not ultimately benefit the company. Also remember to keep your receipts so that you can present these along with your Travel Expense Reimbursement Form, so that you can substantiate your form. If you ever lose your receipts, you may submit a copy, but you have to indicate why you are only submitting a copy and not the original ones. When filling out your forms, always make sure that they are filled out completely and accurately. This is important because these forms deal with money, and any gap on the breakdown of expenses should be avoided. The breakdown of expenses should be properly calculated to avoid misunderstandings with your employer. Also, include the whats and whens of the expenses incurred to make it detailed. All of these points are important to maintain a good relationship with your employer that is based on trust and credibility. You may also see our other samples of Request Forms for your other needs.
Sample Time Off Request Form - 12+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Sample Donation Request Form - 11+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Sample Travel Advance Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
11+ Sample Vacation Request Forms
7+ Request Form Samples - Free Example, Sample Format Download
Sample Travel Allowance Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Service Request Form Samples - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Refund Request Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Sample Change Request Forms
Check Request Forms
10+ Leave Request Form Samples
Vacation Request Forms
Sample Work Request Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Leave Request Forms
19+ Sample Travel Forms