There are various reasons why people travel. Some travel for leisure, like to visit a tourist spot, or simply to visit a friend or loved one. Some travel for business purposes, like to meet a new client or to expand or branch out one’s business. Then there are those who travel for educational purposes, like to attend a meeting or seminar for research purposes. People spend billions of dollars per day on travel expenses. This number tells you how big the travel industry is. Because the travel industry is a growing industry, they need Travel Forms to keep things in order. No matter what your reason for travelling is, you would need Travel Documents before you are allowed to travel.
Travel Request Form Format
Business Travel Request Form
Employee Travel Request Form
Advance Travel Request Form
Travel Allowance Form
Travel Allowance Bill Form
Travel Allowance Claim Form
Travel Allowance Bill Form Sample
Travel Feedback Form Format
Travel Feedback Assistance Form
Travel Process Feedback Form
Travel Service Feedback Form
Travel Reimbursement Form
Sample Travel Reimbursement Form
Free Travel Reimbursement Form
Travel Approval Form
Staff Travel Approval Form Template
Travel Pre-Approval Form
Overseas Travel Approval Form
The Target Audience for Travel Forms
- Companies and employees who work in the travel industry need Travel Forms in their daily transactions. Examples of such companies are airlines, travel agencies, and immigration offices. They use Travel Forms for visa application, passport application and renewal, and issuing tickets for domestic or international travel, among other things.
- Aside from companies in the travel industry, insurance companies that offer travel insurance also utilize Travel Forms for people who want to apply for travel insurance and those who want to file a Travel Insurance Claim.
- Business organizations also use Travel Forms to provide reimbursement to employees for travel expenses incurred during a business trip that came out of the employee’s pocket, to provide a budget for business travel, or to allow employees to propose the need for travel to complete a business transaction, for which Travel Request Forms are used.
- Lastly, educational institutions, like schools and universities, also require the use of Travel Forms. Such uses include the request of a student to travel to attend meetings and seminar, request of a travel grant from foundations and other grantor organizations to fund a student’s travel expenses, and for parents or guardians to provide a written consent for a minor or child under the age of 18 to travel with another adult.
As you can see, a lot of people and organizations use Travel Forms. Because of the diversity of its target audience and purposes, Travel Forms come in various formats.
Travel Request Forms
Before one is allowed to travel, it is imperative that a Travel Request Form is submitted to the proper channels, such as the supervisor or department head, so that they can be notified of the intent. Since it is ultimately the employer who will cover the costs of the business travel, they would have to peruse the Travel Request Form to make sure that the purpose is valid and applicable. An approval of a filed Travel Request Form is necessary so that the employer can reimburse the expenses if these will be taken from the employee’s pocket.
Information Included on Travel Request Forms
- Employee’s employment details such as employee number, department, and job title
- Travel details, such as the destination, mode of travel, and the departure and return dates
- Purpose of travel, such as the location and time of a meeting
- Breakdown of estimated travel cost for meals, accommodation, and transportation
- A section for a travel advance, if necessary
- Signature of the employee, along with the date
- A section for the signature of the people who should approve the request
Travel Feedback Forms
Like any other business, companies in the travel industry also need to collect feedback from their customers for the services that they provide. Such forms are used by travel agencies, travel services companies, and companies providing public transportation. Services include package tours, transportation services, travel assistance, and the use of public roads. The feedback they collect, whether it is negative or positive, is to be used by companies and organizations to provide better services to their customers. You may see our other Customer Feedback Forms for other industries.
Travel Claim Form Format
Sample Travel Insurance Claim Form
Travel Insurance Claim Form
Travel Claim Format
Easy Travel Insurance Claim Form
Travel Enquiry Form Format
Travel Agent Transfer Form
Bamboo Travel Booking Form
Travel Reimbursement Forms
We already know that a Travel Request Form should be filed before an employee can file a Travel Expense Claim or a Travel Reimbursement Form, which is then used by employees to request for reimbursement on the expenses that were incurred during the business trip. The payment for the travel expenses can either come from the employee’s own pocket or from a travel advance provided by the employer. Even if a travel advance was provided, the employee would still have to file a Travel Reimbursement Form so that the amount of the travel advance will not be deducted from his salary.
What Will Be Reimbursed?
- Meal Expenses – This should be listed daily and not per meal. If the employee pays for a client’s meal as well during a client meeting, he can include these too.
- Entertainment Expenses – This is incurred during a client meeting.
- Transportation Expenses – This could be either the cost of an airline ticket or the cost of the mileage driven if a personal car was used. If it is the cost for mileage driven, a Mileage Tracker should also be enclosed.
- Accommodation Expenses – This is the cost of the hotel the employee will be staying in if the trip will last for more than one day. This too should be listed daily.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Keep a copy of your receipts and enclose them with your Travel Expense Reimbursement Form to substantiate your claim. If you no longer have the original receipt, a copy may be submitted, provided that there is an explanation as to why a copy is being submitted instead of the original receipt.
- Make sure that your forms are filled out completely and accurately. It is important that these forms are detailed because they deal with finance. There should not be any gap in the form and the breakdown of expenses should be properly calculated to avoid misunderstandings with your employer. Also, include the whats and whens of the expenses incurred to make it detailed.
- Do not request reimbursement for expenses that are not business-related. The expenses listed should be fair and reasonable so that your employer will continue to trust you, and think that you are credible enough to be granted authorization for business travels in the future.
Travel Insurance Claim Forms
This is used by insurance companies that offer travel insurance. Travel Insurance Claim Forms are necessary to weed out people who try to commit insurance fraud, and to make sure that the incident the claimant wants to file for is covered by his insurance policy. According to Investopedia, there are mainly five types of Travel Insurance. See them below. You may also check out our Insurance Proposal Forms for applying for such insurance policies.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance – This covers you and your travelling companions in the event that you ever need to cancel or delay your trip. Such events include a sudden business conflict, illness or injury, delay in the processing of your visa or passport, and weather-related issues. The insurer pays for the difference of the amount your airline will refund you and the amount you originally paid for the ticket. This is important because airlines do not usually provide a full refund for cancelled tickets.
Consent Travel Form in PDF
International Consent to Travel Form
Letter of Parental Consent for Travel Form
Travel Authorization Form
Child Travel Consent Authorization Form
Government Travel Authorization Form
Employee Travel Authorization Form
Travel Request Form Template
Probation Travel Request Form
Foreign Travel Request Form
Sample Travel Request Form
Travel Voucher Form
Travel Voucher Format
Travel Voucher Form Example
Corporate Travel Claim Form
Standard Travel Claim Form
- Travel Medical Insurance – This type of travel insurance covers the policyholder if he gets sick or injured while travelling. If you already have medical insurance, it is good to check with your insurer first before applying for a Travel Medical Insurance, to check with them if your policy covers foreign countries, because there will no point in having to apply for insurance which you already have coverage for. This insurance has a shorter term of medical coverage, with a coverage of five days up to a year, depending on the policy.
- Major Medical Insurance – This is the same as a Travel Medical Insurance but the term is longer. This is for people who plan to take long trips, which would be six months to one year or longer. Before travelling, it would also be good to fill out Travel Risk Assessment Forms to ensure that the person is fit enough to travel.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation Insurance – This provides coverage for the cost of necessary medical evacuation and transportation to a medical facility. This is useful in cases wherein you may get stranded in a remote rural area where access to medical facilities is not readily available.
- Accidental Death and Flight Accident Insurance – This provides coverage in the event of an accident that is either fatal or causes serious injury. The insurer pays the benefits to the surviving beneficiaries of the deceased policyholder if the accident is fatal.
The Benefits of Using Travel Forms
The benefits of using Travel Forms are basically like the benefits of using any other type of forms, which are the following:
- Travel Forms are designed by experts who have the needs of the target audience in mind. They are tailor-fit for those particular needs and are therefore formatted in such a way that it is easy to understand.
- Travel Forms, like any other forms, allow the user to capture all the crucial information needed for the particular process or transaction that the Travel Form is filled out for. This ensures a more seamless process. It is also divided into headings and subheadings so that the person who fills out the form will understand it better and does not get confused with inputting the correct data.
- Travel Forms are also easy to compile and organize. They are divided and titled according to their use, so they can be recorded and kept for future reference.
- Although these forms are already tailor-fit for the needs of the target audience, users might still make revisions or edit the forms to include information that is specific to their company and line of business. They may use these Travel Forms as a basis for their own.
6+ Travel Document Forms
10+ Sample Travel Claim Forms
Sample Travel Expense Claim Form - 11+ Free Documents in Word ...
Travel Authorization Form - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Travel Request Forms - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Travel Request Forms in PDF
Child Travel Consent Form Sample - 6+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Travel Request Form Template
Travel Authorization Form Samples - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Travel Consent Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Travel Registration Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Sample Child Travel Consent Forms
Travel Expense Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Travel Request Forms in Word
7+ Medical Consent Sample Forms - Free Example, Sample Format ...