Travelling can be a fun and exciting experience, regardless if you are flying for business or for pleasure. However, when you or your employee need to go somewhere outside of your city to take care of business, it is important to keep track of the plans for the trip in order to estimate its cost. You also have to make sure that you have the proper authorization to do so, which is why there are travel request forms to prove that permission was granted.
Estimating costs or keeping track of travel expenses is one way to manage company expenses. Expense management is the process or the system that is utilized by a business in order to process, pay, and to conduct procedural accounting inspections on costs or expenses that were initiated by employees, such as the costs incurred for travel, work, and entertainment.
Travel Advance Request Forms
Prepaid Travel Advance Request Form
Employee Travel Advance Request Form
Travel Advance Request Claim Form
Non-Travel Advance Request Form
Professional Travel Request Forms
Professional Development Travel Request Form
Professional Travel Fund Request Form
Professional Activity/Travel Request Form
Professional Leave/Travel Request Form
Professional Travel Authorization Request Form
Business Travel Request Forms
Business Travel Leave Request Form
Business Travel Trip Request Form
Pre Business Travel Request Form
Policies and procedures need to be established by a company to ensure that a company’s cash flow is well-accounted for. Expense management typically goes through two vital aspects:
- The procedures that are conducted by an employee to file an expense claim.
- The processes conducted by accounting staff in order to process the claims made.
Travel request forms, expense Claim Forms, or, reimbursement forms are forms that allow employees or staff to identify and record expenses made for business or for work for approval. Most companies and organizations use these varied types of forms in order for them to to control expenses that are not within budget.
Typically, a company or an organization will compensate an employee for any expense made that is deemed necessary and reasonable. Reimbursement also applies to expenses outside of the office setting such as in government agencies or insurance companies when a provider pays for expenses right after they have been directly paid by the policy holder. Another example of a reimbursement situation is when a tax refund is given to tax payers.
In an office setting, an expense form needs to be filled out by an employee before incurring the expense. For expenses such as client meeting lunches, travel, and entertainment, an expense form template or form needs to be readily available to help manage and control resources and finances.
Here is a breakdown of why an expense form should be provided in your company:
- Expense forms aid in monitoring and controlling business expenditures.
- Expense forms allow management to approve or reject expenses.
- Expense forms ensures that your manager or supervisor is aware of any expenses incurred or expense issues.
- Expense forms ensure that you remain within the allotted budget.
One other key reason for providing an expense management process in a company or in an organization is to make sure that all reimbursement claims are legitimate and that these claims are not fraudulent or frivolous. In today’s society where lying and scamming people is a mainstream occurrence, a lot of agencies have doubled their security measures against false claims and fraudulent activities.
Some of the following requirements are typically asked by companies and agencies to ensure the authenticity of a reimbursement claim:
- A request form, such as a travel request form, that lists down the necessary expenses for a trip or a company activity.
- An expense claim form or a reimbursement form containing an explanation of the expense.
- An expense or reimbursement form with the original receipt attached.
Because a lot of business people travel, wine, and dine with clients, a lot of them — particularly company executives and other higher-level employees — use their credit cards for expenses related to winning a client over.
Airline tickets, hotel accommodations, lunch meetings, transportation expenses, and even tips made during a business trip call for a reimbursement. One method of proper expense management is by filling out an expense form or an expense report. But how exactly do you make one? You can download our free expense forms or you can make your own, whichever helps you save time.
Below are tips and tricks to creating a solid expense report form:
- Be privy to policies about reimbursements. Take the time to review you company’s policy about expense reports, expense-paid meetings, etc. You can check your employee handbook or discuss it with human resources to help you fully understand the procedures.
- Have a form handy. Companies usually have an expense form or an expense report form template ready. Be sure to fill out the form clearly and legibly and provide accurate details. Inconsistency in the information you have provided might elicit suspicion from your colleagues or the accounting department. Be sure to only put in authentic data.
Travel Request Approval Form
Pre-Approval Travel Request Form
Soft Travel Request Approval Form
Students Travel Request Approval Form
Travel Booking Request Forms
Travel Group Booking Request Form
Air Ticket Travel Booking Request Form
Travel Booking Transfer Request Form
Free Travel Request Forms
Employee/Consultant Travel Request Form
Lifestyle Travel Request Form
- Provide receipts. Providing expense reports without receipts is like telling your boss you worked on that business proposal weeks ago but you do not have the actual proposal to show to him. Receipts are the supporting details to your expense claim forms. Be sure to carefully organize your receipts according to the date and time that they were incurred as well as the type of expense, such as one stack for meal receipts and another one for cab fare.
- Provide the essential details. Provide your name, the date of the trip, and purpose on the form. These will come in handy when the company is trying to identify who they need to give a reimbursement to and for what.
- Deduct personal expenses. Be professional enough not to include any personal expenditures into your expense report form, such as a snow globe that you bought as a souvenir for your mom. Subtract your personal expenses from those that are related to business and indicate the difference on your report.
- Sign your report. Sign your expense report and then submit it to your supervisor for approval.
The numerous fraudulent actions made by employees in company reimbursement processes have forced companies to establish stricter rules and procedures to follow when reimbursing employees.
It is important that an employee is aware of a company’s guidelines pertaining to an expense report:
- Learn how to go on a budget. Employees must learn how to budget the costs that they incur on business trips and to learn how to stay within that budget. You can review your company’s travel expense guidelines and employee handbooks for easy reference on this matter.
- Provide prompt and accurate report details. Your expense report form should go together with the specific date that the expense was incurred and in succession. It is also a big help to organize your receipts according to date. Make sure you double-check your calculations before turning in your expense report.
- Do not throw away proofs of purchase. When you are on a trip or when you are out to meet a client, it is always good practice to keep all of your receipts such as the lunch bill or cab fare. Most companies provide reimbursement policies by requiring receipts for purchases made over five or ten dollars; however, it is always a good idea to keep your receipts regardless of the expense to help you accurately calculate your expenses.
Expense Forms and Their Other Uses
Despite the fact that expense forms are mainly used in the business setting, each one of us could make do with an expense form in order for us to track our daily, weekly, or monthly expenses. Expense forms can also be considered as a budgeting tool to keep us aware of the costs that we incur over a period of time.
Below are some tips to help you cut back company expenses and other costs for work:
How to Cut Back on Company Expenses
- Go digital. Piles of paperwork and documents are so last century. It is time that you and your company learn the ropes on how to go digital. This method helps you save on time — printing and distributing paperwork does eat up a lot of your time.Going digital also allows you to save up on paper and printing costs. It also helps you save trees, send out information whenever and wherever with just the click of a button, and is a great way to make sure that your files stay safe and intact on the cloud.
- Power down when you can. One other way to cut back on office costs is to shut down appliances or equipment that are not in use. Office employees will usually have this habit of not unplugging equipment or putting them on stand-by mode. You’d be amazed to see the difference in savings when you impose a “power down” rule among your staff.
- Educate your employees. Be proactive in educating your employees about the positive effects of cutting back on expenses and how this will be to their advantage. Point out the fact that what the company saves on utility costs can be spun into more incentives and bonuses for them. On the plus side, your employees can also help you to discover a savings opportunity that you have overlooked.
Employee Travel Request Forms
Non-Employee Travel Request Form
Employee Travel Advance Request Form
University Employee Travel Request Form
Student Travel Request Forms
Student Travel Financial Aid Request Form
Student Travel Funds Request Form
Graduate Student Travel Request Form
Student Government Travel Request Form
How to Cut Back on Costs for Everything Else
Being able to cut down on company costs does not just help you or your business stay afloat; it also helps employees keep their jobs for a longer — and hopefully lasting — time. Let your employees know that learning how to save or decrease the cost of expenses in business is a win-win situation for everyone.
Below are additional tips on how to save up on personal costs aside from merely focusing on company costs or travel expenses:
- Categorize your priority expenses from those that are not necessarily needed.
- Remove unnecessary routine purchases such as cigarettes or alcohol.
- Consider carpooling to work.
- Use CFL or LED light bulbs to save on your electrical bill.
- Unplug all unused electrical devices.
- Cancel club memberships that are not very useful to you, such as your gym membership when you rarely ever go to the gym.
- Look for inexpensive options for entertainment, such as attending musical or community event, getting involved in a community sport, or playing boardgames.
- Cook and pack your own meals.
- Have a budget plan and follow it.
- Lessen or eliminate the number of times that you eat out or have take-away.
- Use coupons.
- Use solar lighting.
- Cycle or walk to work.
- Purchase generic products when you can.
- Sell your unwanted items on eBay or through a garage sale.
- Simplify your beauty regime.
- Avoid using your credit card and pay cash instead. Debts tend to put you into a financial trap.
- Make the most of your clothes and accessories rather than buying new ones.
Corporate Travel Request Forms
Corporate Travel Request/Approval Form
Corporate Travel Authorization Request Form
Corporate Business Travel Request Form
Visitor Travel Request Forms
Short Term Visit Travel Request Form
Visitor Travel Expenses Reimbursement Form
Travel Assistance Request Form
Faculty Travel Assistance Request Form
Graduate Student Travel Assistance Request Form
Junior Travel Assistance Request Form
Emergency Travel Request Forms
Non-Emergency Medical Travel Request Form
Emergency Travel Kits Request Form
General Travel Request Form
Other Types of Travel Request Forms
There are so many different types of travel request forms, and each of them have their own specific purpose. Just about any person uses these forms to ensure that anything request related to traveling is taken into serious consideration for approval by the company.
Here are some examples of travel request forms:
- Travel group booking request forms are the kind of forms that are utilized in the event that just about any kind of group wishes to book themselves at any establishment. If you plan on traveling by group, then you expect a place to stay the moment you get to your destination. Which is why these forms can come in very handy as it allows you to reserve rooms ahead of time for you and your companions.All you have to do is provide the personal information of yourself and of the other members of the group, along with any other requirements such as credit card information, and submit it to any agency that can help you book your stay.
- Air ticket travel booking request forms are forms that are made use by those that wish to have a ticket reserved for them on any kind of plane.These days, it’s very hard to get a seat on a plane because there are so many people that travel to different places, with each of them having their own reasons for doing so. These forms ensure that you’re able to ride that plane that will get you to the destination that you need to go. It reserves a particular seat on a plan which will then be donned under your name.All you have to do is provide the necessary information such as your name and age, then make sure that you pay for the fees such as baggage fees and the plane ticket itself.
- Emergency travel request forms, as the name suggests, are used whenever someone needs to travel to a certain location due to an emergency. A good example of when to use these forms is if one employee’s parents is dying of heart failure, and the parent of the employee lives in another country. The employee may then use these forms to state the reason for the travel, in this case it’s one of his parents dying, and when the employee must leave.So long as the purpose of the emergency travel is acceptable, then there should be no problems with these being approved. It’s even possible that the employee can request for funds to aid them in the emergency travel, which will then be up to the company supervisors whether or not the employee must reimburse them for the loan.
So no matter what kind of forms you use, just be sure to use the right one for your traveling needs. You can download any of those forms from our website, just be sure to make good use of them whenever you need to.
Sample Travel Registration Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Travel Authorization Form - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Employee Advance Request Forms - 7+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Travel Allowance Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Authorization Request Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
40+ Free Travel Forms
Sample Travel Medical Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Leave Request Form Sample - 10+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Business Request Sample Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Request Form Template
21+ Sample Request Form - Free Documents in PDF
Travel Document Form - 6+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Prayer Request Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Leave Request Form - 10+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
30 Leave Request Forms in PDF