Due to the fact that the number of potential applicants with competent skills and abilities is constantly increasing, companies would need some assistance on how they could wisely choose the best among all applicants. With this kind of matter, a person who could help is what we call a referee. This referee is not pertained to the person who gets to decide who wins and/or loses the game, according to what the results predicted. Though, this referee somehow possesses similar roles with the referee that we are referring to. You may also see sample status report forms
Those referees in sports and/or events are the ones who make sure that all the rules of the game are adhered, obeyed, or followed by the players or participants, whereas the referees in businesses or any application are those who are appointed to examine or assess one’s work, skills, behavior, and characteristics. Basically, they are those who advocate on behalf of someone else, often referred to the applicants. In making things short, these referees are the ones who you could ask for some testimonials and suggestions with regards to the applicant’s job application in your company.
Sample Referee Report Form in DOC
Simple Referee Report Form
Referee Report for Practitioner Applicants
Why Is a Referee Necessary?
The main reason why referees are necessary is because they play an important role, most especially during the recruitment and selection process. And that they are the ones to answer a couple of questions, particularly with regards to an applicant’s past working skills and relations. This is often done every time a company does a reference check of their applicants. And these referees are those selected people whom the applicant has noted in his or her job application form.
Referees are often pertained to the supervisors or managers from the applicant’s previous employment. Or better yet, the referee could be any person who is closely associated with the applicant’s recent work. This is in order for the company management to be able to justify the reason why they are to accept the applicant’s request to be a part or a member of their company organization. These people acting as referees are usually interrogated with few questions in relevance to the applicant’s working skills, employment history, and other working relations. This process is completed with the use of the referee report forms, where all data or information and the results from the applicant’s assessment is documented.
What Are Referee Reports?
Referee reports are mandatory due to the fact that these reports are part of the recruitment and selection process. And that these kinds of report forms are critical, most especially when it comes to the applicant appraisal or assessment. This is for the reason that these contain decisive and crucial importance in the individual’s success and/or failure. Therefore, in order to complete the report form, there should be a referee to do or perform the examination or assessment of the individual applicant. These referee reports are often used for the following:
- Job application
- Research degree program or project application
- Scholarship application
- Other kinds of applications
For every referee report, there is a standard basis in undertaking the evaluation of one’s application. Each and every applicant is evaluated in all aspects by basing on the factors set by the management for the completion of the process. Refer to the following sample report forms that are provided for you in this article in order to be guided on how each of these referee reports are designed and when these are utilized. Take the time to examine as you browse over each of the forms.
The Importance of Referee Report Forms
Referee report forms are often utilized during the application process of each applicant. With the help of these report forms, the recruitment is made easier and faster. Yet, this does not necessarily mean that the applicants do not have to undergo the performance appraisal that is usually conducted in the company. In fact, these referee report forms are only part of the documents that will be compiled together with the personal records of each applicant. Therefore, these referee reports are just for some basis of the management to see how well the applicant performed in his or her past employment. These are also for the management to know if the former employer would strongly recommend this applicant. Thus, the reasons why or why not are expected to be included in the form. You may also like weekly report forms
Another reason why these referee reports are important is in order for the management to gain information with regards to the background history of each, and that they will be able to come up with some ideas on how they are to handle them. Hence, it will also help them to be aware of the disciplinary actions that were made to each applicant if in case they have committed some bad or criminal records in the company.
Academic Referee Report Form Template
Fillable Referee Report Form
Academic Referee Report Form
Referee Report Form for Education
Referee Report for Graduate Applicants
Fillable Academic Referee’s Report Form
Student’s Referee Report Form
Sample for Referee Report Form
The Basic Elements of Referee Report Forms
In completing the referee report forms, there are few information that are essential in order to complete the form. Thus, refer below for the general information that are necessary to be provided:
- The applicant information
- the full name (last name and the given names)
- the date of birth
- the residential and mailing address
- the contact numbers (home and work phone number/s)
- the email address
- The referee’s information
- the referee’s full name
- the referee’s position or job title
- the contact information
- the email address
- the assigned or designated department
- the organization or company name
- the relationship to the applicant
- The applicant appraisal evaluation
- the list of criteria or attributes
- the referees’ percentage rate, rank, or numeric score of each criteria or attributes
- the referees’ comments to each criteria results
- the referee’s additional or overall comments
- The final judgment or the professional knowledge of the referee to the applicant
- The affirmation of the referee
- the signature of the referee
- the date of when the form is signed by referee
- The confirmation of the applicant
- the signature of the applicant
- the date of when the form is signed by applicant
The affirmation of the referee is to certify that all information are true and correct, that the results are accurate and based on the records and observations. As for the applicant, the confirmation is to certify that the report is discussed with him or her, and that he or she agrees with the records. You may also see sample business report forms
Along with these required field information to be filled out, there are a few more information that are also needed to complete the assessment process. These information include the following:
- The length of time and the capacity in which the referee has known the applicant
- The brief explanation of the referee’s knowledge regarding the applicant’s works and achievements.
- The perception/s of the referee for the individual’s skills and abilities
- The applicant’s greatest strengths and weaknesses or shortcomings
These referee reports may be submitted thru personal delivery, post, and/or email which are provided by the management. The applicants may also include their individual referee report as they submit their application form. It is important that this is sealed in an envelope in order to avoid disclosing any information with regards to this.
Doctoral Referee Report Form
Postgraduate Research Referee Report
Basic Applicant’s Referee Report Form
Referee’s Report for Admission or Scholarship
Official Referee Report Form
Few Tips in Utilizing Referee Report Forms
These referee report forms are also confidential reports in which information are not to be disclosed to other people, and that only the authorized personnel could have access to these file documents. This is in order to ensure that the information of the applicant is secured and protected against unauthorized access and use. Further below are few tips and guidelines on how to utilize referee report forms.
- The referees should not be a family relative or a close friend of the applicant.
- The referee report forms should be a frank assessment for performance of an applicant.
- The referees should be kept reminded of the deadline for the submission of referee report forms.
- Failure to follow the strict instructions should result to any adverse consequences.
- Any clarifications should be in order to avoid misunderstanding during and after the recruitment and selection process.
- Applicants should see to it that each of their referee has a copy of this referee report forms.
- All information, such as comments and explanations of the referees should be written briefly.
- The referee should include all information that may be helpful in assessing the applicant.
- All information, especially those required ones, should be indicated or provided in the referee report.
- Both the applicant and the referee should keep the confidentiality of the report.
- The performance evaluation rating or grading should be observed in order to avoid any misinterpretations of the records.
- All information written by the referees should be beyond their knowledge with regards to the applicant.
- These referee report forms should be submitted according to what was instructed to them.
- Referees should be honest when evaluating the applicant, and that they should note in the form if they do not know the applicant well enough.
- Referees should be able to submit a letter of reference, when necessary. This is in order to support the general statement and results of the referee report forms.
Summing it all up, these referee report forms are technically utilized for the evaluation of an individual applicant’s capabilities and behavior, and that they are evaluated to see whether they are suitable to pursue their application over some degree program, or job application. These referee report forms summarize and justify the reasons for their overall recommendation for the applicant.
4+ Employee End of Day Report Forms & Samples
3+ Management Report Forms
Reasons Why Report Forms Are Used
28+ Accident Report Forms in PDF
15+ Sales Report Form Templates
14+ Patient Report Forms
14+ Service Report Forms
13+ Damage Report Forms
13+ Hazard Report Forms
13+ Weekly Report Forms
13+ Behavior Report Forms
12+ Expense Report Forms
9+ Sample Book Report Forms
8+ Sample Action Report Forms
7+ Sample Complaint Reporting Forms