A sales report is a record of all calls made and products sold within a specific period of time. This also shows the amount of how much all of these products were sold for, and these results are kept by management for future use and reference.
Every company and organization that performs multiple transactions within a day with clients or customers are required to create a daily sales report. Doing so gives them an idea of how well their business is doing, financially speaking. So those in charge of handling sales must learn how to create, fill up, and understand the information that a sales report should contain.
Daily Sales Report Form Samples
Daily Cash Sales Report
Daily Sales Deposit Report Form
Weekly Sales Report Forms
Weekly Market Sales Report Form
Weekly Sales Call Report Form
Sample Weekly Sales Report
Agency Weekly Sales
Creating a Sales Report
When creating any kind of sales report, one must know that generally, it should contain the following:
- Name of the sales representative
- Name of the sales manager
- Date of when the report was made
- Type of sales report (weekly, monthly, daily etc.)
- Name of items sold
- Quantity of items sold
- Individual price of each item
- Total amount of all items sold
Once you have created your sales report, you may then use forms such as Business Report Forms to document all records of every sale made within a particular time frame. This ensures that sales managers have an easier time in utilizing the sales report to see the state of business finances.
Why is a Sales Report Useful?
The main reason why a sales report is useful is because it shows a visual representation of how well a company is doing. If it shows that the amount of sales is high, then financially speaking, the business is doing rather well for itself.
However, if it shows in documents such as Expense Report Forms that the sales are low, compared to how much was spent, the business might be heading into a state of financial crisis. By knowing this, businesses are able to take the best course of action that should help them cut costs and gain more profit.
Annual Sales Report Forms
Sample Annual Sales Report
Liquor Distributor Annual Sales
Retail Sales Report Form
Retail Sales Report
Sales Analysis Report Form
Sample Sales Analysis Report
Distributor Sales Report Form
Distributor Sales Report Sample
How to Write a Weekly Sales Report
Knowing how to write a sales report is key to gauging how well your business is meeting certain sales goals. One that most businesses conduct is a weekly sales report that helps them know what products and services were sold within a week’s time. Here are steps on how to properly create one:
- Always start with the date of when the sales report is made. Then include the dates the report should cover, and other additional information, such as the full name of the product, its product code, etc.
- Lead with the most significant accomplishment within the week. If there was a day wherein you have exceeded sales expectations, explain in detail how the goal was achieved. If you were able to increase sales to a higher degree over the previous week, then indicate that in the report.
- Get the total amount of the week’s sales number and compare them to the previous week, or even to the same date of the previous year. You can get a breakdown of the amount of sales made based on how many products were sold, or by each individual sales person.
- Add any other relevant sales data, such the amount of cold calls that your business has to make and compare them to the number of sales that your business has actually made. Place in any information that could have made sales difficult, or why the business was not able to perform as well as previous week’s.
This information can also be used in making Marketing Report Forms regarding one company’s sales in a target market. If you would like to know more on how to create sales reports, then you may view any of our sales report forms in PDF form, or you may use our sales templates which you can recreate using software such as Microsoft Excel.
Rent Sales Report Form
Sample Rent and Sales Report
Sales Activity Report Forms
Weekly Sales Activity Report Form
Marketing Activity Report Form
Daily Sales Activity Report Form
Distributor Sales Activity Report Form
Sales Performance Review Report Form
What Is a Sales Analysis Report?
A sales analysis report is what shows businesses the different marketing opportunities that can be taken advantage of to increase sales on particular products.
Think of these as the same as using Sales Tracking Forms which businesses use to keep track of what products do well and what products don’t. These help them know which to sell in the market during the best time. So overall, this shows companies whether their sales or increasing or decreasing, and helps them decide the best course of action that should be taken.
How to Write a Business Report
When making a business report, here are a few steps that you must follow:
- Know your business’s objectives and the proper format the report should be in
- Understand the target audience your business is catering to.
- Collect the data for your business report such as sales made, and whether it is increasing or decreasing in terms of percentage from the previous wee’s or months.
- Organize all data and write the report
- Draw conclusions that determine the best course of action the business should take.
If you would like to create business reports that focus on sales, then you may use any of our sales report templates where you can choose as to which you can utilize efficiently.
Sales Report Form in XLS
Monthly Sales Report
Sales Call Report Forms
Service Sales Call Report Form
Sample Sales Call Report Form
Hotel Sales Call Report Form
How to Write a Monthly Sales Report
When using monthly sales report forms to document all information regarding how many sales were made within a month’s time, one must first learn how to write one. Follow these steps to help you:
- Much like weekly sales report, start with the date of when the sales report was made.
- You must then place in the biggest accomplishment made within that month, such as stating that the company has exceeded sales goals by a certain amount or percentage.
- Track and place in the sales numbers based on total products sold, amount sold by individual salesperson, or any other method that can help breakdown sales.
- If certain goals were not met within that month, or if the business has seen a decline in sales from previous weeks, then indicate a possible reason as to why this is so.
- Never include any irrelevant information that cannot be used during the report. Keep it simple and brief so that managers are given up to date sales numbers.
If you would like create other forms in regards to sales, such as Sales Proposal Forms wherein on can propose how to increase sales, then you may view any of our sales forms examples and use them at your leisure.
Sample Construction Report Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
15+ Sales Report Form Templates
15+ Sales Report Form Examples
Medical Report Form - 5 Free Documents in Word, PDF
26+ Sample Accident Report Forms
36 Free Incident Report Forms
Sales Tracking Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
27+ Printable Expense Report Forms
27 Free Expense Report Forms
10 Sales Order Form Samples – Free Sample, Example Format ...
8 Medical Report Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
6+ Exclusive Agency Agreement Form Samples - Free Documents in ...
8 Residential Appraisal Form Samples
5+ Daily Budget Forms – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples
6+ Sample Ledger Account Forms - Sample, Example, Format