Laboratories, informally known as lab, are referred to those facilities that are well equipped with the different laboratory apparatuses and materials. These lab equipment are used for both scientific and technological experimentation and researchers.
In addition, laboratories are considered as one of the main training evaluation grounds for the students, especially those who are enrolled in medical courses. As for the students, passing the tests and examinations in the laboratory is the main requirement for their curriculum
Lab Report Form
Physics Lab Report Form
Nevertheless, laboratories are not just for the scientists and students for their tests and examination. And these are not just designed for some experimentation and/or training grounds for the students.
These are also found in the veterinary clinics, medical centers, and hospitals where the physicians or doctors are to determine the current state or condition of one’s health information, and that when there are some illness or diseases found, they are able to find the appropriate treatment that should be provided.In such cases wherein there are newly discovered diseases, the laboratories are where they will be looking for a cure or treatment.
Sample for Lab Report Form
Middle School Lab Report Form
Laboratory Reporting Form
Utilizing Lab Report Forms
All the data and information that are found from the different laboratory results are mandatory to be recorded by utilizing the laboratory report forms. These report forms are used for various purposes. Some of it are as follows:
- To display the summarized records of data from the different laboratory tests and experimentation.
- To translate or convert the complexity of results into a comprehensible one. In that way, everyone will be able to understand the record review of data in the report form.
- To easily locate the specific information or data due to the arrangement or classification of the details.
- To organize the results and information for better and accurate results.
- To display the initial and final results until the correct one is derived from the tests and experimentation.
- To compare the expected result to the final outcome, and see the differences and reasons why expected results are or are not the same as the final outcome. You may also like sample medical forms.
- To have a better analysis of the results by documenting all records down in the appropriate report form.
- To expand the knowledge of people by brainstorming with the records until the expected result is obtained.
- To work things out and connect all the puzzle pieces by gathering all the data from different sources.
These are just a few of the purposes or reasons why laboratory report forms are mandatory to be utilized. This is mainly due to the fact that these form templates make your lab reports look formal and organized. And that, with these laboratory forms, you will be able to produce or generate more accurate and formal reports. You may also like medical examination forms.
Essential Parts of Lab Report Forms
For the completion of the lab report forms, there are few essential parts of information that are often necessary to be filled out. These parts will help you identify what you are dealing with. In addition, by providing the appropriate details and information for each of these parts, you are able to derive an exact and accurate outcome. You may also like medical report forms.
1. The Abstract
This part refers to the synopsis or the summary of what the whole report contains. This often includes the argument that is discussed in the report, the methods that are used in the process, and the brief conclusion. This could also contain few ideas, insights that are learned from the experimentation or researches. You may also like sample medical report forms.
2. The Introduction
This part is mainly about what is being dealt with. Technically, this includes the nature and background of the experiment topic. In addition, this also includes the importance, purposes, and objectives of the experiment. You may also see medical report forms.
3. The Procedures
This is with regards to the specification of the step-by-step process that is or are needed to be undertaken in deriving the final and expected result from the test experimentation. This is also referred to the scientific method that is to be used during the whole process. You may also like patient report forms.
4. The Results and Discussions
This part is where you will find the final outcome. This part should be specified in detail in order for the readers or audience to obtain a great understanding from the results and discussions that are provided. This part is where the analysis of the results should take place, and that the illustration or presentations of data or results should be shown or displayed. You may also like weekly report forms.
5. The Conclusions
This part is where the overall report is being justified and explained as a whole. This is also where the objectives, specified in the introduction part, is reflected and determined if met or fulfilled. Otherwise, the reasons why are explained briefly.
6. The Appendices
This part of the report form is designed for you to include more informational data that you would like to include. This is also known as an addendum which is placed at the end of the document review or report.
For lab reports that are used in the schools or universities’ experiments and research proposals, the standard format provided for each student are as follows:
- The experiment title
- The introduction of the topic subject to experimentation
- The specification of the materials to be used
- The scientific methods or procedures
- The illustration of data using figures and graphs
- The results from the lab experimentation
- The analysis and discussion of the results
- The conclusions
- The additional references for researchers
Lab Report Form Guidelines
Laboratory Project Report Form
Interactive Laboratory Requisition Form
Reporting Laboratory Incidents
There are such circumstances that we do not expect, yet they occur all of a sudden and sometimes we are caught off guard by these happenings. These kinds of circumstances are referred to those incident or accident reports that are caused depending on the situation. The possible incidents that could take place in the laboratory are the following:
- Biohazard chemicals spilled and inhaled
- Lab apparatus or equipment breakage
- Physical injury reports (such as cuts, skin burns, and other body parts injuries)
- Contamination of food and other valuable things
These common accidents or incidents are mandatory to be listed or documented in the incident report forms. This is in order to better analyze what has happened, what are its causes and effects, how many and who among are affected, etc. All these basic details are the most important information that is needed in order to correct and prevent these incidents from occurring. In such cases, these forms for incident reports only require a few information to complete.
The full details of the incident’s general information such as the following:
- the specific time of when the incident has occurred
- the exact place of where the incident has taken place
- the things that happened during the incident
- what people were doing before the incident happened
- the actions or responses of people after the incident
- the injuries or damages reported that were caused by the incident
- the head, supervisor, or any person in authority present when the incident happened
- the brief and concise description of what has occurred during the incident
- the name/s of a person or people who reported the incident
- the name of the person or people who are said to be responsible for the incident
- the name/s of the people to whom incident was reported to
- the date and time of when the incident was reported
- the name of the person or people who took the action/s in response to the incident
- the actions made in response to the incident
- the number of people who are affected by the incident
- the name of the person or names of people who are affected by the incident
- the names of people who have witnessed the incident
- the brief witness statements of each witness
In line with the incident information, there are also some additional questions that are necessary for the needs assessment for the incident. Below are few of the common questions asked:
- Were the actions taken successfully?
- If actions were not successful, were there any backup plans?
- What are the alternate actions taken?
- Were there any safety reports and precautions that are present or displayed at the incident location?
- Were the people responsible for the incident diagnosed with some medical or health complications?
- What are the mental or physical complications of the person or people who accidentally caused the incident?
- What did the head, supervisor, or any person with authority present do in response to the incident?
- What are the rules, regulations, and/or safety precautions that were violated that caused the incident?
- Were there responses made immediately?
- How is the incident being corrected and prevented?
All these information are necessary for the reason that with these little details being connected or combined, the nature and occurrence of the incident are better understood and thoroughly analyzed.
Therefore, in order to have a complete and accurate accident investigation, all these essential information must be written or documented in the laboratory incident reports. In addition, corrective and preventive actions are also derived by evaluating each of these. Nevertheless, the personal information of the investigator or inspector should also be documented in order for the authorized people to know who to ask for some clarifications with the incident reports.
Laboratory Incident Report Form
Laboratory Investigation Report Form
Laboratory Incident Report Form Sample
Sample for Laboratory Incident Report Form
In summing it all up, these lab report forms are often utilized to document what tests are being conducted, what the findings from the results are, and what are the insights and learnings derived that could be applied in the near future. Thus, these lab reports should be used according to its purpose. You may also like daily report forms.
7+ Sample Complaint Reporting Forms
7+ Sample Marketing Report Forms
Reasons Why Report Forms Are Used
15+ Sales Report Form Templates
11+ Sample Incident Report Forms
10+ Sample Accident Report Forms
9+ Sample Book Report Forms
9+ Sample DMV Accident Report Forms
8+ Sample Business Expense Report Forms
8+ Sample Internship Report Forms
8+ Sample Employee Misconduct Forms
7+ Sample Annual Credit Report Forms
6+ Physical Report Forms
4+ Employee End of Day Report Forms
4+ Medical Report Forms