With today’s increasing employment rate, companies would always strive to get the best employees under their wing. And that includes getting the most suitable interns in the industry. Internships may bring temporary employees, but it is already a great help to the company. Interns will be employees under a company for fixed working days and hours, but their sole purpose is still to gain experience in their chosen work field. But, processing a hiring procedure for internships is also different from regular employment hiring. If you are not familiar with internship applications, then you might need to read further in this article.
FREE 46+ Internship Application Forms in PDF | MS Word
To guide you in creating an internship application, here are a few sample application forms you can freely download and edit to your preferences. These documents are available in all verion fo Adobe PDF and MS Word for you’ve convenience.
1. Summer Internship Application Form
2. Internship Scheme Application Form
3. Sample Internship Application Form
4. Non Paid Internship Application Form
5. Research Assistant Internship Application Form
6. Internship Trainee Application Form
7. Application Form for Internship Program
8. Student Internship Application Form
9. Internship Programme Application Form
10. Chemical Weapons Internship Application Form
11. Application Form for Internship
12. Voluntary Internship Application Form
13. Student Visiting Internship Application Form
14. Winter Internship Application Form
15. Sample Summer Internship Application Form
16. General Internship Application Form
17. Simple Internship Application Form
18. Project Internship Application Form
19. Application Form for Nalanda Internship Programme
20. Application Form for Summer Internship
21. Carrier Service Internship Application Form
22. Sample Internship Scheme Application Form
23. Sample Project Internship Application Form
24. Internship Update Application Form
25. Research Internship Application Form
26. Internship Pre Application Form
27. Proposed Internship Application Form
28. Undergraduate Internship Application Form
29. Sociology Internship Application Form
30. Hotel Management Internship Application Form
31. English Internship Application Form
32. Internship Supplemental Application Form
33. Medical Internship Application Form
34. Optometry Internship Application Form
35. Economic Development Internship Application Form
36. Volunteer Internship Program Application Form
37. Psychology Internship Application Form
38. Legislative Internship Application Form
39. Sample Medical Internship Application Form
40. Religious Studies Internship Application Form
41. Volunteer Internship Application Form
42. Internship Interns Application Form
43. Sample Student Internship Application Form
44. Internship Application Form Example
45. Sample Research Internship Application Form
46. International Internship Application Form
47. Internship Position Application Form
What is an Application Form?
Application forms are formal documents that job seekers or interns file when they want to work for a particular position in a company. This document is most useful in a company’s recruitment procedures. Application forms contain the applicant’s personal information, educational background, and job experiences relevant to the position they seek. It is usually submitted together with the applicant’s resume or recommendation letter for the employers to evaluate.
But in the industry, job seekers do not only refer to full-time employees but also includes people who are under an internship program. Interns are also job seekers, looking for a company that allows them to work for allotted duty hours. In 2014, 97 percent of the companies with big names offered one or two million slots for interns to work. That is why these interns would still need an application form to endorse themselves in a company that fits their program well. They have to catch their potential employers to hire them as company interns.
Elements of an Application Form
One of the priorities of a company is to deliver successful hiring procedures for their business. Recruiting new employees will have to be thoroughly conducted for them to find a reliable and suitable employee, which includes taking in interns. As an employer or HR manager, you should be familiar with how to make application forms appropriately. To start getting to know the document, here are common elements that the application forms should have:
- Personal Information – This part is one of the vital components of an application form. The document should have the applicant’s full name, age, gender, address, and contact information. Getting these details will allow employers to determine which document belongs to the crowd of intern applicants. Usually, this segment includes the intern’s email address for the company to quickly contact them or send essential documents before they officially start.
- Educational Background – Understandably, the document needs an educational background since this application is solely for the students taking their internship programs. Employers will need to know the applicant’s educational information for them to know if the job position is suitable for their application.
- Availability Schedules – The application form should reflect a timetable or a blank schedule sheet for the intern applicants to plot their shifts according to their availability. Going through an internship program is like doing a part-time job. The document should reflect the days and the scheduled shifts the intern prefers to work so the company can file an official record for the interns.
- Medical Assessment – Companies sometimes separate health assessments from the application forms. But most employers want to have this information with the application form, so the interns are aware of one of the requirements they need to submit to the company. The purpose of this section is to see how physically fit the applicants for the job. Aside from the educational or course information, health is one of the priorities of the business owners. Some companies require lab tests, and others don’t actually need to run tests as long as the applicant is aware of their bodily conditions.
- Character References – This section is almost present in every employment forms. Even though the applicants are applying as interns, employers still need to hear recommendations or opinions from the candidate’s professors or colleagues. This section includes the reference person’s full name, contact details, and relationship with the applicant. Through this section, the employers will have reliable and detailed information about the intern applying for them.
Benefits of Application Forms for Internships?
Application forms are essential in so many fields, including people who are undergoing an internship. The document allows employers to gather the right information they need in hiring a suitable intern for their business. It gives applicants a chance to showcase their abilities and experiences to their potential employers. But making application forms benefits not only the interns applying but as well as the employers.
The document will help employers manage and record all their intern applicants without any hassle. Application forms contain all the background information that the interns possess. It serves as a tracker for employers to control and schedule applicants for further hiring procedures such as interviews and training. This document will also help employers to assess the candidate’s achievements thoroughly.
Though there will be back up documents such as letters of recommendation, the application forms will be the vital hiring document. It serves as a sign-up sheet for them to officially be part of the applicants of a particular company. That is why businesses would always take their time in making intern application forms—to perform their recruitment procedures efficiently.
How to Create Internship Application Forms
As an employer or recruiter, you should be familiar with how the application forms work in the hiring process. Internship application has a slightly difference with processing a regular employee application. Employers would always aim to perform a successful process of internship hiring. But to achieve such goals, they need to remember a few things in creating an application first.
Step 1. Review the Company’s Internship Application Policies
Every company has different processes and procedures in taking in interns in their company. Before creating the application form, you should review the company’s policy about the internship application procedures. Get to know your company first, and you’ll figure out what processes and information you need to prepare for the application forms.
Step 2. Outline the Application’s Content
HR managers or employees are usually the ones in-charge in doing the application procedures. As the facilitator, you should know what questions, details, and features to add in the document to get the information you opt to gather. Make sure the application form contains the applicant’s personal information, educational background, and work schedules. These details will provide employers with enough information to evaluate the candidates.
Step 3. Always Include Instructions or Reminders
Applicants should be guided accordingly, even when filing an intern application. At the end of the form, there should be a short note that states a few reminders and conditions when the interns apply. Sometimes, companies use it for marketing purposes, such as instructing applicants to visit their official sites for more information. Others place detailed information on how long the applicants should wait for updates.
Step 4. Post the Document on Accessible Platforms
Once the application forms are finalized, employers can now start posting and distributing the document to the public. Always remember to display the document somewhere applicants can easily access it. In today’s generation, posting application forms online via email and social media would reach more interns looking for companies to work with. Keep a stack of hard copies of the application forms in your offices so you can easily provide the walk-in applicants.
Internship – It refers to students who work in a company within a limited time for gaining experience and compliance for their school or project qualifications.
Platforms – In this context, it refers to the advanced technologies that people used to reach a group of audiences. It may refer to social media, email, mobile apps, digital tools, and many more.
Health Assessment – This refers to the medical test of an applicant to know how fit they are. It enables employers to see how suitable the applicants are physically for the job.
1. How can you file an internship application?
Companies will have their internship application forms available in their offices or through their official websites. Applicants can start filling up the forms and submit them according to the company’s instructions. Always remember to check the company’s internship procedures so you will know what documents to prepare and send to the company along with the application form.
2. What is an internship program?
An internship program refers to employers allowing students to work in their company for a certain period. Most interns are undergraduate students, trying to comply with requirements and gain work experience from the field they chose. Though interns work as a regular employee, it is up to the intern and the company’s agreement if the work hours of the interns are paid or deemed as voluntary.
FREE Unpaid Work Experience Request Forms in PDF DOC
FREE 7+Program Evaluation Form Samples in Sample, Example ...
5+ Internship Recommendation Letter - PDF
FREE 9+ Internship Evaluation Form Samples in Sample, Example ...
FREE 10+ Work Proposal Form Samples in Sample, Example, Format
FREE 8+ Application Form Samples in Sample, Example, Format
Blank Appraisal Form Samples
FREE 9+ Application Letter Samples in WORD PDF - Sample Forms
FREE 10+ Sample College Application Forms in PDF WORD
9+ Summer Intern Timesheet - PDF
FREE 50+ Volunteer Application Forms in PDF DOC
FREE 50+ Application Forms in PDF DOC
FREE 12+ Sample Example Cover Letter
FREE 8+ Sample Job Application Cover Letters in PDF DOC
FREE 8+ Sample Letter of Interest Forms in PDF DOC