An intern is a student who works for the company without getting paid as an exchange of gaining a work experience. The internship is actually a position or condition of a trainee in which he or she is trained as a requirement of the curriculum. Schools or universities would often conduct a program wherein their students needs to work at a company registration as preparation for the near future and as a requirement before they graduate. It just depends on the company whether they will be paying the intern for the designated task for him or her. Not all business companies would actually accept interns for the following reasons:
- The management refuses to teach interns because they are just temporary, and it will take a lot of time to train them.
- There are lots of projects and programs to plan and to conduct. There is no time allocated for training assessment of interns.
- Training would actually cost an amount of money which the company cannot afford to spend. They would rather spend the company budget for the upcoming events or programs that will be conducted.
- Interns lack experience, and most of them have no idea what the company that they have applied for their internship report does. For as long as they will have a work experience, they will apply for whatever.
- For some companies, interns don’t actually take their internship seriously due to the fact that they don’t get paid. Some of the interns have the same thing in mind as they try to justify the need to do a tiresome work without getting anything.
- The company does not need any intern. What they need are full time employees who will definitely contribute much to the business management’s progress, development and success.
- The company does not want any commitment, and would definitely not want to be liable for anything that happens to the intern.
Internship Evaluation Review Form
Internship Supervisor Evaluation Form
Yet, there are still a few companies who would accept some. Here below are some things that the management appraisal should keep in mind:
- Interns should not be hired just to replace an employee.
- Interns should not be taken for granted for the reason that they might contribute huge for the company.
- By hiring an intern, you are becoming a part of his or her career development.
- Have patience with your interns for they are still on observation.
- Make sure to allocate some time for your intern, for being able to handle internship evaluation programs is part of your success also.
- Interns should also be treated the way employees are treated. In other words, there should be an impartial treatment between the two.
You should be considerate with regards to handling interns. Who knows, they might contribute to your business development.
Intern Assessment Review Form
Student’s Internship Evaluation Form
Intern Performance Review Form
The Purpose of Internship Review Forms
These kinds of staff review forms are utilized in order for the business management to monitor their interns’ or trainees’ performances. Basically, the main difference between an employee and an intern is that employees get paid, while interns don’t. But both are for the same thing which is experience. Nevertheless, impartial treatment should be given to both, because they work to help the business administration. Another thing which makes an employee and an intern different is that employees are more dedicated to their job as they receive different compensations or benefits for their self employment, while interns are somehow not that motivated to work; unless they know how to cherish this internship program, and aim for the learning experience that they get from it. These internship review forms are used in order to make sure that interns are performing their tasks and are helping the business grow, not the other way around. These reviews would actually serve as the basis of their overall performance reports during their internship program. These will help them know what their flaws are and how to change each of them. These will also help them determine whether they are ready for the real thing or for getting a job and get paid for it.
To better make these reviews effective, there must be a set of goals for the interns to aim for. Doing this is the same thing with how employee performance reviews are conducted, wherein employees are given a criteria in order for them to be qualified for the job that they have applied for. For the interns, in their cases, since they are still subject for observations, and they are not yet certain of what job position is a perfect for them, the criteria set for them are for preparation. It is guaranteed that from these criteria, each of them will be learning, improving, and developing in terms of their skill assessment and abilities.
Student Evaluation of Internship
Internship Performance Review Form
Student Intern Performance Review
Internship Coordinator Review Form
Internship Supervisor’s Evaluation Form
Conducting an Internship Review
Conducting this kind of review is somehow the same when employees are subjected for performance assessment or appraisal. The common step by step process are as follows:
- The intern is called for an interview to apprise some of his or her background and maybe his or her personal information too.
- During the interview with the intern, the management discusses the criteria of how each of them will be assessed or evaluated.
- Questions or concerns should be entertained in order to avoid miscommunication or misunderstanding of things work around the place.
- The management sees to it that their interns are fully informed regarding the policies, rules, and regulations around the workplace.
- A plan of how the training will be conducted takes place, as the management holds a meeting. Training needs assessment should take place in order for them to allocate enough time and amount or budget in conducting this said training.
- There should also be an assessment for identifying the risks that might result from this training. It should be made sure that the criteria are justified to be realistic and attainable. This can be done with training evaluation forms where important information of how and why the training is conducted.
- After the training, the intern could be given some feedback form in order to share his or her insights on how the training went. And answer some questions that would help the management improve. An example of the question that is usually provided is what is/are the particular part in which they find difficult the most, and the easiest.
- When the feedback form is submitted, the management interviews the intern regarding the results from the training. These results are basically the reviews from the performance appraisal of the interns, which will be documented to the internship review form.
This is basically the main process of how internship reviews are conducted. It is somewhat the same when performance reviews for employees are held, despite the fact that they vary on what kinds of training are conducted, and what are the objectives or goals to be achieved.
Student Internship Evaluation Form
Student Intern Evaluation Review Form
Final Internship Evaluation Form
Internship Student Review Form
Filling Out the Internship Review Form
The internship review will be completed only if you have undergone the process. And in order to finish the process, you will be needing to compete the review form in word for interns. The form is actually made to assess the intern’s performance and experiences during the internship program. There are some questions whether each of them are catered or accommodated accordingly. So apparently, the review form for internship also assesses the company’s way of handling these kinds of programs. Filling out the form does not really need much hassle since what you will just be needing are the essential information such as the following:
The Basic Information
- Intern’s full name
- The company name where the intern happened to be working for
- The supervisor’s name to whom the intern is assigned to report t
- The department to where the intern has been assigned
- The tasks or assignments that were designated or given to the intern
- The date when the internship began and date of when it will end
- The date when the internship review form is filled out
The Performance Evaluation
- Criteria or objectives that are subjected to be achieved by the intern
- The results, comments, and recommendations of the management for the intern
- an evaluation scale which would rate the overall performance of the intern
For the performance evaluation portion, these often contains various of questions that would assess the following:
- The management in terms of how they have handled the internship program, and whether proper discussion has taken place
- The knowledge or learning gained by the intern from the training conducted
- The performance of the intern basing on the criteria or goals set by the management
The Approval Section
- The reviewer’s name
- The affixed signature
- The completion date for the review
These is the necessary information to complete the internship review forms. You may refer to the provided forms in this article to have ideas on how to rate your interns’ performances. Or better yet, download and use the review form which you find helpful, and make the work done effectively and efficiently. You can also refer to the effective performance review for some tips that you might find really constructive.
Sample Employee Performance Review Form - 10+ Free ...
Contract Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
25+ Review Forms in Word
Review Forms in Excel
Sample External Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Annual Review Form Samples - Free Samples, Examples Format ...
Project Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Monthly Review Forms - 6+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Risk Assessment Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in ...
8 Training Review Forms – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples
20+ Employee Review Form Example
37 Review Form Samples
Sample Review Form - 18+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Probation Review Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
19+ Sample Employee Review Forms