Documents are used for different purposes. These may serve as proof for some facts. These could also be used for references in a collection of data. The thing with documents is that these could provide enough information, give some instructions, persuade or convince the readers, legislate or prohibit something and many more. Documents are used for businesses such as for business forms and even for education purposes like thesis and the like. Going further this article, you will witness the different kinds of document reviews which serve with different purposes. You will also be able to know the basic process of how document reviews are conducted.
Basic Document Review Form
Document Review Form Template
Document Review Record Form
Document Review & Approval Form
The Purpose of Document Reviews
Document reviews are mandatory due to the fact that with these kinds of reviews, each and every document is ensured to be qualified for publication or public release to its intended audience. Further purposes or advantages of conducting a document review are as follows:
- The quality measures and output are evaluated.
- It is made sure that the document is legal by means of the affixed signature of the authorized person or people.
- The document is also assessed to see to it that all facts, data and information indicated in the form are updated.
- A review would also help in determining whether the document is meeting the allotted time frame.
- This review also makes sure that the document is coming from an approved program or organization.
- The document is evaluated to test its accuracy in terms of technical aspects.
- The level of details are also rated to see if it has enough source for providing information to the audience.
- The consistency with other sources or reference documents are correlative and accurate.
- The review would help identify if the document is not some product of plagiarism.
- The purposes or objectives of publishing the document are examined for it to be stated clearly or easily identified by readers.
- Because of document reviews, one can peruse the document to assure that there are not words used which would offend other people
These are just few of the main reasons why documents are subject for some critical reviews before it is being published or release to the public. In other words, the technicality or the mechanics of the documents are being evaluated, as well as the contents.
Printable Document Review Form
Document Review Request & Registration Form
Document Review Form Sheet
Design Document Review Comments Form
Document Review Request Form
The Essential Parts of a Document Review Form
The form for document reviews are filled out with only few essential information. Refer to the following list below:
The document information
- the document’s name or title
- the document’s reference number
- the author of the document
- the document’s version
- the number pf pages
- the intended audience
- the brief explanation of the purpose of publishing the document
- a brief description or summary of the document
The review details or information
- the meeting review date
- the reason for conducting a review (the document is either new, or revised)
- the due date for the comment reviews coming from each of the reviewers
- the criteria for reviewing the document; or the qualifications
- the type of review which could be standard, grammatical, content, revisions, or some recommendations
The document reviewer details or information
- the reviewer’s name
- the reviewer’s job position or title
- the date when the review takes place
- the reviewer’s affixed signature as a concurrence of the document
- the results or outcome whether the document is accepted, accepted w/ minor revisions, or further or subsequent review is required to be done
The approval details or information
- the date when the document is approved
- the authorized person or people’s name
- the job position or title
- the affixed signature
- the final result or outcome (whether the document is accepted, or further review is required)
The comments portion which includes the following:
- the reviewer’s name
- the feedback, comments, or recommendations from each of the reviewer
- the author’s reaction or response from the comments that were received
Some other information which are necessarily included in the form:
- the name of the person in charge of filling out the form; also termed as the document controller
- the additional or supporting documents (if there are any just like contract agreements and the like)
- the changes that were made or should be made
- the date when the next review is scheduled
These are the common or basic information that are often asked when you fill out a document review form. You can also refer to the forms that are provided for you in this article.
Observation and Document Review Form
Document Review Template
Environmental Document Review Form
Document Review or Copy Request Form
Simple Document Review Form
Conducting a Document Review
Conducting a document review is somehow the same when a peer review has taken place. This is due to the fact that a thorough review is undergone by two or more people. This is done in order to ensure that the document is qualified to the standards that were implemented when it comes to publications. Before reviewing a document, other existing documents should be reviewed first in order to make the process easier. In addition to this, the execution or the results are also determined if these were according to what was/were expected. In other words, plans meet the expected results. This is necessarily documented in order to pin point what are the plans that were difficult to execute and what are not. And once it is all documented or determined, the author and company will be able to formulate better plans, most especially those attainable ones. Going further, upon conducting a document review, the reviewer learns or understand deeper as he or she gathers data from the document that is subjected for review. He or she would be able to use the learning and apply them in evaluating other documents.
The purpose of reviewing other existing documents is that you, as the reviewer will be able to gather or have more ideas on how you will assess the document/s that you are in charged of. You could at least compare these different documents and measure their quality, see if you are doing it right. You should also be careful with regards to the information that you are reviewing. Some documents contains confidential information or high top secured files which cannot be breached or released without permissions from the authorized people. That is why you have to be cautious, otherwise, you will be held liable for the information release. And of course, as a reviewer, you have to make sure that all information that are needed are noted, listed, or documented. Also make sure that these are relevant to the document that you are reviewing about. Further tasks that a reviewer should be reminded of are as follows:
- The reviewer should have a full understanding of how and why the documents should be reviewed.
- The criteria for the review should be clearly stated.
- The details or information in conducting the review should be listed or documented.
- The reviewer should be responsible in proper reviewing which means the criteria and objectives should be observed.
- All information gathered should be summarized in a concise manner.
The forms provided in this article are downloadable, editable, and are ready for fill out. Be sure to know what are the mechanics in reviewing a document in order to better utilize the review form according to its purpose.
6+ Monthly Review Form Sample - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Employee Performance Review Form - 10+ Free ...
Contract Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
25+ Review Forms in Word
Review Forms in Excel
Sample External Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Annual Review Form Samples - Free Samples, Examples Format ...
Project Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Monthly Review Forms - 6+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Risk Assessment Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in ...
8 Training Review Forms – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples
20+ Employee Review Form Example
14+ Forms for Employee Reviews
37 Review Form Samples
Sample Review Form - 18+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF