One way to measure a person’s overall capacity is through evaluation of his or her performance. This way, the organization will be able to measure the person or candidate’s accuracy, completeness and speed in fulfilling the task given.
Performance is the accomplishment of a given task in whichever or however the objectives are being applied, fulfilled, executed or implemented. This is how the person devises a strategy in carrying out an action, a task or a function. Each person is reviewed with a candidate review form, and their performances are evaluated with the use of performance review. Each person’s performance could also be evaluated by their fellow candidates and documented using a peer review report.
Employee Performance Review Forms
90-Day Performance Review
Job Performance Review Forms
Simple Job Performance Review Form
Annual Job Performance Review in PDF
What is a Performance Review?
A performance review is a documented evaluation of a person’s performance. This is a systematic process of evaluating an individual’s performance and productivity with regards to the organizational objectives and criteria.
Performance review, also known as performance appraisal, has been part of the organization’s career development. Few ways to conduct this kind of review is through training, interviews, and by giving of feedback from random people.
The considered aspects in which the review is conducted are the organizational behavior, productivity, accomplishments, strengths and weaknesses, etc. Individual employees are reviewed using employee review forms, to see if they have the potential for future improvements.
How To Complete a Performance Review
A performance review is done by filling up the performance review form by the reviewer. This serves as the basis whether an employee or candidate needs improvement, meet the requirements, or exceeds the required skills. Here are the following information needed in filling out the form:
- Period/Duration of evaluation
- Employee’s/Candidate’s details: name, position, department
- Reviewer’s name and position
- The criteria or required skills/values inline with the job descriptions and qualifications
- Comments of the reviewer towards the candidate’s performance
- Employee’s/Candidate’s notes or suggestions
- Signature of both candidate and reviewer
Filling up of performance review is followed by the appraisal review form, in which the documented evaluation is reviewed, finalized and compared.
Executive Performance Review Forms
Executive Assistant Performance Review Form
Chief Executive Performance Evaluation in PDF
Performance Appraisal Review Forms
Performance Appraisal Peer Review
Employee Performance Appraisal Form
Performance Management Review Forms
Teacher Management Review Form
Performance Peer Review Form
Co-Worker Review Form
Performance Review Techniques
Performance reviews are used as a communication tool which is designed to support individual’s contribution to the company. These also provide a way to acknowledge good performances and to identify the obstacles that may hinder the attainment of individual’s top performance.
Performance reviews are:
- Documentation of the evaluation from activities and processes result
- Conducted formally and frequently in order to have implications for both employee and company
- Contingent upon the nature of the job and the characteristics of an employee
- Used to align and manage the highest possible performance level to achieve
- Done to determine the success and failure of the company
- For compensation, performance improvement, promotions, test validation, termination, etc.
- To be prioritized
- Should evaluate objective production which consists of direct measure such as production number, data entry, sales figures, etc. Though the quantity of the production should not indicate the quality of the output.
- Should evaluate personnel concerning the withdrawal behaviors such as absences, accidents, tardiness, etc.
- Focuses on judgmental evaluation with the use of rating scales, checklist of skills and values that are required, the ranking of employees or comparison according to their performances
- Done with peer assessment where employees are evaluated by their fellow colleagues
- Done with self assessment where they could rate themselves so they could be aware on what or how they could improve themselves
- Normalized to review the ratings and the ranking
- Followed by an interview so the employee and the company could talk and figure out how to solve issues in order to improve
Just like performance review forms, Journal Review Forms are used to review the journals before they get accepted and published. There are different types of review forms, and some are Internal Review Forms, Appraisal Review Forms, and Policy Review Forms.
Physician Performance Review Form Sample
Physician Assistant Program Performance in PDF
Student Employee Performance Review Form
Student Employment Performance Review Evaluation
Annual Employee Performance Review Form
Blank Administrator Performance Review
Contractor Performance Review
Driver Performance Review
Director Performance Review Forms
Executive Director Performance Review in PDF
Generic Annual Performance Review
Leader’s Performance Review
Individual Performance Review Form
Manager Performance Review
Performance Review at Work
In evaluating an employee’s performance at work, series of activities or training are conducted. These activities and are considered as projects with regards to the goal setting and desired performance reinforcement. Before these projects are implemented, project review forms are used. This is to check if the employee’s overall performance is marginal or substandard, satisfactory and adequately meets the criteria.
Having a performance review at work held frequently, the company will be able to identify and keep track the requirements to success from time to time. This is to maintain or surpass their current success level and enhance the focus of the employees.
How To Prepare For a Performance Review
Performance reviews provide room for discussion and it is good that the employees are kept updated about their performances. This is so they can figure out solutions for themselves, basing on the peer review forms. These performance reviews benefit the company’s effectiveness, through the determination of the aspects where they need enhancements. Such aspects are the training programs, management, operations, etc.
In preparing for a performance review, here are the following that needs to be taken note by the reviewer:
- Use forms to document the evaluation.
- Create a positive atmosphere around the employee so it will be easier to discuss about the performance.
- Use clear and non-judgmental language focusing on the results and behavior.
- Measure intangible traits such as cooperativeness, dependability, etc.
- Use words or phrases that would not come across as too negative or personal.
- Remember the purpose is to improve employee’s performance, not to discriminate them.
Office Performance Review Form Samples
Medical Office Review in PDF
Office Employee Performance Appraisal Form
Self Performance Review Forms
Self Assessment Review Form
Teacher Performance Review Forms
Preschool Teacher Performance Review Form in PDF
Team Performance Review
Volunteer Performance Review
Guidelines for Conducting an Effective Performance Review
In order to have an effective performance review that could lead the company or organization to positive implications, here are the some guidelines for you to take note.
- should have realistic goals because too high might loosen individual employee’s confidence and too low eliminates the challenge of the job
- should provide accurate and relevant ratings compared to the pre-established goals, objectives or criteria
- should be used appropriately to avoid having disastrous effects to the company
- should evaluate employees objectively, not subjectively in order to avoid being bias
- should be based on measurable behaviors and results within the employee’s control
- should not ease tension upon the expectation of performance reviews
- should be properly applied and utilized to avoid negative legal actions against the company organization
- should corresponds to the organizational culture and system
- should improve the feedback process
- should be prioritized and done frequently
- should serve as a guidance in monitoring career development of individual
Employee Evaluation Form Samples - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Employee Appraisal Form - Free Documents in PDF, Doc
14+ Form Samples for Manager Reviews
Sample Retail Appraisal Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Employee Performance Review Form - 10+ Free ...
7+ Annual Review Form Samples - Free Samples, Examples Format ...
9+ Employee Performance Evaluation Form Samples - Free Sample ...
23+ Performance Review Form Templates
10+ Sample Performance Evaluation Forms Sample Forms
Sample Annual Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Employee Performance Evaluation Form - 9+ Free ...
17+ Employee Review Form in PDF
Sample Annual Performance Appraisal Forms - 8+ Free Documents ...
8 Executive Performance Appraisal Form Samples