Manager reviews are conducted similar to how an employee review is conducted. Although, the reviews for managers are more specific and more objective due to their loads of responsibilities. Individual supervisor or manager from different department needs to be evaluated or appraised from different views or aspects. Another thing that makes the reviews for managers different from the ones conducted for employees is the criteria or list of required qualities. This list serves as the basis in evaluating an individual’s performances and skills. But basically, both reviews aim to make improvements and developments of the individual’s capabilities.
Technically, if managers fail, so do the employees and vice versa. Employees are dependent to the managers, since they are in charge of the welfare and development of both the business and the employees. If they fail to do exactly what is assigned to be done, there is a big possibility that the business will definitely fail too. In order to avoid failures, business assessments should take place. The assessments do not just focus on the business needs, aims and goals, but also on the performances of the employees especially the managers or supervisors.
General Manager Evaluation and Review Form
Performance Review for Managers
Professional Staff Performance Review Form
Administrator Self Review in PDF
Manager Annual Evaluation Form
Management Performance Appraisal Form
Manager Summative Performance Review Form
Qualities That Managers Should Possess
Hiring for managers are carefully done, because the success depends on how the management handles the different circumstances, as well as the inevitable changes. The list below serves as a guide of the characteristics that an effective manager should have.
- Encouraging people and help each of them to be kept motivated – By doing this, each employee’s confidence in accomplishing a task is boosted. The encouragements definitely create a positive impact to a person’s behavior.
- Consideration with regards to the employees’ needs – An example for this is when the employee files for a leave request for some reasons. It should be granted because filing of leave is one of the rights of an employee as stated in the employment contract.
- Patient or forbearing by means of not being too hard on the employees, despite of their poor performances – Yet, this does not necessarily mean that managers should tolerate the deficiency in performance quality of the employee. Instead, they should know how to handle and discover what causes these poor performances.
- Empathizes with his or her people – Understand one’s feelings, and be considerate with one’s need.
- Optimistic by means of possessing a positive attitude which creates positive results – An optimistic behavior could also help others be motivated as well.
- Attentive to the aim or goals that are needed to be attained in administering a business
- Eager or competent but not to the extent that everything is all about winning – Be active especially in responding to the different circumstances.
- Decisive most especially when incidents or unexpected situations are encountered -The manager should be able to come up with a wise decision even without much preparation. Thus, critical thinking is tested during these occurrence.
- Open to all suggestions and recommendations from his or her people – Accept the employees’ feedback regarding his or her performances.
- Accountable by means of being unafraid to take responsibility for actions and decisions mistakenly executed
- Flexibility and creativity in terms of discovering or coming up with new techniques or strategies that are efficient for business’ effective administration
- Strategic or wise wherein improvisation of action plans take place during the most critical time of circumstances
- People oriented by means of being easygoing – This literally means that he or she is good with interacting with other people, either customers, clients, or employees. This is important because this builds the gap between different parties.
- Disciplined most especially with regards to the designated responsibilities and obligations – An example for this is when it comes to meeting the deadlines or due dates. Thus, observing proper time management and setting priorities.
- Reliability in which people can count on any time – A great example for this is a manager who helps in solving a matter in a timely manner, even if it seems like things are almost impossible.
- Confident in whatever comes to hand – A manager who possess this quality build a strong impression to the employees. This will help everyone be determined to strive for the goals.
- Knowledgeable with regards to the business company’s history, the mission and vision statement and protocols that are implemented – Managers should also know how the business should be managed or administered, as well as the people who are part of it.
- Active listener of the opinions or suggestions of the people around
- Organized especially when making an action or decision
- Respectful to what others believe in – Though managers have some authority, they still need to respect others in order to gain the expected respect from his or her people.
- Meticulous or conscientious with regards to achieving the goals or aims – Do whatever it takes in order to attain and obtain the performance level.
- Precised in producing summary reports and in giving specific instructions that are carried out to the employees
- Results oriented by means of being positive no matter what, just to get what the company is aiming for
- Authoritative in designating the different tasks that are relevant to attaining the success, but not to the extent that power for authority is abused
- Good example that everyone looks up to -He or she does not look down on people but is a role model.
- Obliging by means of reaching out to those who are in need of help with regard to their performances
- Knows how to prioritize important matters
If you think these are all the characteristics that a manager must have, then you are wrong. The list shows you only a few qualities that the manager should possess. Technically, more qualities are discovered or developed as manager reviews are successfully processed.
Manager Performance Evaluation Form
Annual Self-Evaluation Form – Manager
Restaurant Manager Performance Review
Manager Performance Appraisal Record
The Purpose for Manager Reviews
Managers are reviewed in different aspects due to various of reasons. Just like employees, their performances should be monitored from time to time. Thus, conducting a manager review takes place. Refer to the following list of reasons why manager reviews are mandatory:
- These reviews help the management to keep track whether managers are doing exactly what they are assigned to do.
- These reviews also see to it that managers have the qualifications which make them suitable for the position that they have applied for.
- These reviews determine or evaluate whether managers are a perfect fit to the vacant position of the company.
- These reviews help the managers to be reminded of what they should be doing, such as goals and plans.
- These reviews measure the performance level of each and every manager.
- These reviews evaluate the performance and management skills of each manager.
- The review help the managers strengthen the relationship they have with their people due to various of team meetings. These meetings help by creating a strong bond between the two parties as they brainstorm in solving the different issues or dilemmas that are encountered.
- With these reviews, all skills are developed and improved. Thus, resulting to better management of the business.
- These reviews help the managers be aware of what they are capable of, and up to what extent.
- These also measures their capabilities most especially when different circumstances are encountered. Thus, their critical thinking and decision making skills are also put to test. Their intellectual capacity are also assessed by giving them different situational examples.
- These reviews help the managers to have a self review or evaluation of their own performances.
- The reviews help the managers bring out or discover latent and unique qualities that they did not expect to possess.
- The reviews also create connection and better communication between the management and the applicants for managerial position.
- These reviews bring out the best of each and every managers. This is due to the criteria that is used in order to be an effective and successful manager.
- The reviews are also used to keep managers motivated and challenged as they beat their last record form past reviews for their performances.
- With the use of reviews, strengths and weaknesses of individual manager are discovered.
Basically, these review forms somehow serve as the basis to know where the business company is going, because unsuccessful ways of managing or administering the business definitely results to a negative impact to the company. That is why, reviews for managers should be conducted annually or monthly.
Supervisor Evaluation Form
Performance Supervisor Review Form
Manager or Supervisor Performance Appraisal
Executive Performance Appraisal Form
Tips in Conducting Manager Reviews
There are most cases wherein recruitment process also fails due to the limited time allocated for planning. Thus, resulting to inefficient measures for performances and quality outputs. In order to avoid this, here are few tips that are helpful in making certain that you hire the right manager or supervisor.
- There should be enough time allocated for the initial stage or planning in order to have the expected results and avoid irrelevant criteria.
- The planning should cater all different aspects or areas on how managers are reviewed.
- The review form for managers’ performances should have empirical objectives. Thus, making it sure that results are based on facts or actual data.
- The managers should be informed ahead of time regarding the review of their performances.
- The best way to review the individual’s performance is by conducting a training that would evaluate individual’s physical and mental abilities.
- The training that is to be conducted should be evaluated using the training evaluation form.
- There should be an initial interview before the training is conducted.
- The interviews should also be evaluated in order to make sure that interview questions would not cause a negative impact to employees or applicants.
- After training is conducted, another interview should take place in order for the management to secure for a feedback. The feedback is with regards to the opinions of the manager regarding the training. This process is completed using a training feedback form.
- The results should be documented and compiled for future references.
- The appropriate form should be utilized in order to complete the manager review process, and in order to ensure that all necessary information are indicated.
- All information written or provided in the review form should be written in a concise and precise manner.
- These results should also be written in a timely manner, wherein delays are prevented.
- Only the authorized personnel should have the access of these reviews for managers’ performances because these are confidential.
- There should be monthly reviews in order to make sure that the positive results or the qualitative performance level of managers is obtained.
In order to successfully conduct a manager review, the management should see to it that all needs for evaluations are met. This is done by completing the needs assessment forms in which all aspects are discussed thoroughly by the team. Thus, giving everyone the chance to state their own ideas on how to make reviews for managers more efficient. At the same, communication between the management and its people are built as they work as a team. You may refer to the sample forms that are provided for you in this article. Take time to browse over these, and find you and your business needs. These forms, either PDF and DOC file format, are downloadable and are editable. Feel free to peruse each in order to have better understanding with regards to manager review forms.
FREE 9+ Financial Review Forms in PDF | Ms Word
FREE 7+ Monthly Review Forms in PDF | Ms WOrd
FREE 8+ Project Review Forms in PDF | Ms Word
FREE 8+ Sample Project Review Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 19+ Sample Review Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 11+ Sample Employee Review Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 5+ Testimonial Forms in PDF
FREE 8+ Manager Job Application and Review Forms in PDF
FREE 14 + Grant Review Forms in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Feedback Review Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Field Review Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Record Review Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Work Review Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Self Review Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Employee Self-Reviews Forms in PDF | MS Word