Hazards are those things that are most likely to cause harm to the people that surround it. These are also known as potential harm that are threatening to the lives of everyone. And most of the time, these cause accidents or injuries. But only if enough attention is not addressed to these immediately. The main reason why these hazards are not given immediate response is due to the lack of safety report measures in the place.
There are different kinds of hazards that are found inevitable. Yet, these could be prevented if safety precautions are practiced and observed. These hazards are as classified as the following:
- Fire or explosion
- Accident with injury or illness (physical)
- Equipment failure
- Near hit or miss
- Property damage
- Spill or environmental release (chemicals)
- Other hazard or safety concerns
Hazards are mostly found in the workplace due to the fact that there are objects that are often used during working hours or during business request operations. An example for this is about the construction projects, wherein the life of the construction workers are somehow at stake. Even in the offices, there are also those equipment release that are often used that can cause harm to the employees. But these hazards are not only found at work. These are present in just about anywhere you find yourself to be. Even if you are just at home, or in the streets, on the road, and everywhere. There are potential threats that could cause you and your family harm or put them in danger. The best way to avoid this is to conduct hazard assessment to evaluate the place.
Hazard Identification Report Form
Standard Hazard Report Form
Detailed Hazard Report Form
Incident and Hazard Report Form
Basic Hazard Report Form
Hazardous Situational Examples
Here are few situational examples in order for you to classify what type of hazard is pertained to in the following examples below. These examples are those incident report or accidents that are often encountered in the daily lives, whether at home, on the road, or at the office.
This incident could be prevented if there is a fire risk assessment conducted before the gas range is designated to its place. Another example is when you placed some of your kitchen supplies on the table. You, unknowingly that your child could reach those utensils, were anxious when you found your child accidentally cut his hand. And you end up bringing him to the hospital.
An example for when you are on the road is often the cause of car accidents. Imagine yourself that you are driving. And while driving, you are texting. The risk assessment level of this kind of situation to cause an accident is high. And not just your life is at stake from doing this kind of act. Then all of a sudden, there are some group of teenagers crossing the street. You were not able to see those kids in due time since you caught yourself too focused on your phone. And what’s worse is that your car brakes failed. Trust me, you do not want to know what happens next. It turns out that you had forgotten to amplify your brakes with brake fluid. One way in order to ensure that the car is safe to use is by conducting a vehicle evaluation.
An example for when you are at work or in the office is when there was a near-miss incident. For example, the computer overheated and it almost caused a fire due to the severe heat. Turns out that the computer was left on during a very long holiday. According to the complaint investigation report, the employee assigned to that particular company asset verification was in a hurry at that moment due to some errands or appointments that he needed to attend to. Indeed, the incident was a near miss. Yet, the computer could not be turned on. What’s worse is that all confidential files or soft copy of the business forms of the company are saved in it. It also turned out that there was a shortage in the electricity during the holidays since the breaker switch or box was loose.
As mentioned earlier, there are such incidents that are inevitable. Yet, from those sales report form, you could really tell that these could have been prevented if enough attention and responsibility is given to the safety precautions and if full awareness of what are most likely to happen is being thought through.
Safety Hazard Report Form
Environmental Hazard Report Form
Report of Unsafe Condition or Hazard
Departmental Incident and Hazard Report
Ways to Determine the Hazards or Threats
There are various of ways in order to determine and understand what these hazards could cause to the business management, the people, the clients or customers, and the public. Here are few of the simple ways to identify the hazards and the risk that each may contain:
- Conduct various of risk assessments
- Inspect every corner in the company including the equipment
- Conduct meetings and monthly reviews with the workforce
- Enhance the safety precautions and procedures
- Be sure to utilize the report forms for hazards identification
Always remember that the safety measures are not just for displays or designs. These really play an important role in keeping you and your people safe at all cost. And these safety measures are given accordingly to the type of the possible danger at hand. Safety measures are pertained to the protection gears and clothing. These are given to those employees or staffs for their own safety. Such job or work that require wearing these kinds of safety measure are those at the construction report sites, the firemen and women, those scientists who do lots of experimentation, and to those who deal with chemicals.
Another are those safety procedures or risk assessment and safety guidelines printed in a form of a poster, tarpaulin, or produced in manuals. These are often provided for all business companies in order to avoid incidents or injuries in the workplace. These contain various of instructions on what to do when certain circumstances occur and how to avoid each of them. These safety measures are created for a purpose. These should be observed at all times. And employees or workers should be oriented with these procedures.
Here are further tips to take note of in order to avoid hazards from worsening:
- Have some safety measures or guidelines in a form of printed reports
- Observe cleanliness at all times, most especially when operations are conducted
- Orient the employees and give precise instructions for them to follow
- Monitor employees’ performance by conducting performance appraisals from time to time
- The meetings and the monthly reviews in order to keep track of the business operations
- Designate people accordingly to the different departments
- Make sure that the maintenance team are well trained
- Know how to response to the different circumstances or situations
- Be responsible or accountable for everything that is happening inside the company
- Make sure that equipment are maintained to functioning well
- Be open to any suggestions from the employees or listen to employees’ feedback
Blank Hazard Report Form
Generic Hazard Report Form
Hazard Report Form Sample
Hazard Report Number Form
University Report Form for Hazards
The Essential Parts of a Hazard Report Form
The following below are the details or contact information that should be secured when the process of identifying the hazards or risks is conducted.
- The details of the report form:
- The date and time of when the form is submitted
- The person to whom report is submitted to
- The witnesses’ information such as name/s and contact number
- The personal information of the person who found the hazard
- His or her contact information (contact number and address)
- The employment information (status, title, department)
- The person who reported the hazard
- The hazard details such as the following:
- The type or classification of the hazard found
- The exact date and time when the hazard is found
- The place where the hazard is found
- A brief description of the hazard of why it is considered as one
- The type, rating, or level of risk
- The target person or group of the hazard
- The affected area of hazard
- Other comments if there are any other additional information
- The response to the threat/s or hazard/s:
- The risk control options (elimination, substitution, controls, administration, and personal protective equipment or safety measures)
- The corrective actions that are required to be taken
- The person responsible for corrective actions
- The date of when the corrective actions are to be performed
- Further feedback or recommendations with regards to the hazard
- The follow-up information:
- The potential risks if hazards are left untreated
- The residual risk rating to know if proper actions to treat the hazards are just and correct
- The summary expense report of what is the current conditions after such actions are conducted
- The affirmation details:
- The signature of the safety representative and the supervisor/manager.
- The date signed.
In filling out the report form for hazards, not one information should be missed. This is because every detail is essential in order to have a better understanding on what are the risks that these hazards may cause and how these are best treated. In addition to this, these hazard report evaluation are effective in keeping every one away from jeopardy.
Sample Internship Report Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
27+ Printable Expense Report Forms
Sample Audit Report Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Safety Report Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Incident Report Form - 11+ Free documents in PDF
Sample Activity Report Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Marketing Report Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Sample Annual Credit Report Forms
Sample Accident Report Form - 10+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Employee Report Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Construction Report Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Status Report Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Physical Report Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Action Report Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
26+ Sample Accident Report Forms