There are risks and hazards almost everywhere we go. We’d all be involved in accidents if not for the responsibility of companies and organizations to conduct risk assessments that help pave the way for the elimination of various hazards present in many areas, such as workplaces, schools, and even public areas. Health Assessment Forms and Risk Assessment Forms are used to streamline the process of risk assessment.
It is necessary for assessors to learn how to properly fill out a risk assessment form so that all information necessary for the assessment can be captured. This is very crucial because it involves the health and safety of workers, students, and even the general public.
Workplace Risk Assessment Forms
Workplace Violence Risk Assessment
Workplace Transport Safety – Risk Assessment
Stress Risk Assessment
Generic Risk Assessment Forms
Construction Risk Assessment
Generic Risk Assessment for Schools
What is a Risk Assessment?
A risk assessment is the process of identifying health hazards and risks present in an area, such as a school, workplace, or a public place, so that these hazards can be eliminated or reduced. There are safety laws in place that require companies and organizations to conduct risk assessments, and the use of Safety Risk Assessment Forms or Health Risk Assessment Forms helps make this process more organized.
Types of Hazards
There are various types of hazards that can potentially damage or harm an individual. It is important to know each type so that proper identification and planning for elimination can be done accordingly, and so that they can be categorized properly on Risk Assessment Forms.
- Biological: These are hazards brought on by biological agents, such as bacteria and viruses. They are usually communicable or contagious in nature. Companies in the food and health care industry should prioritize these hazards.
- Psychological: These are hazards that could affect a person’s mental health or cause mental disturbances. An example is having too much workload, causing stress and headache.
- Chemical: These are hazards caused by exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Physical: These are physical hazards that can cause physical injuries. Examples of this are loose cables, faulty wires, and the like.
Electrical Contractor Risk Assessment
Fire Risk Assessment Forms
Blank Fire Risk Assessment
Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Pro Forma Fire Risk Assessment
Risk Benefit Assessment Forms
Risk Benefit Assessment Template
Risk Assessment and Benefit Analysis
What are the Different Types of Risk Assessment Forms?
- Workplace Risk Assessment Forms – This are used to assess hazards and risks present in the workplace. There are certain labor safety laws in place that require companies to conduct risk assessments, especially those that are naturally hazardous, such as mining plants and manufacturing companies. It is every employer’s responsibility to ensure the health and safety of their workers since these are their assets.
- Suicide Risk Assessment Forms – There are various factors that can cause a suicidal person to commit suicide and also factors that help them do away with suicidal thoughts. These factors have to be assessed and looked into so that a person’s risk for suicide can be identified and he can be provided with the right assistance.
- Fire Risk Assessment Forms – Huge buildings have to abide by certain fire safety laws. Every building has to be assessed for risks of fire. It is also checked if a building has the right emergency exits and fire fighting equipment in case of a fire.
- Event Risk Assessment Forms – There are various types of risk assessment forms availableavauilable for every type of event. This is because the diversity of activities in each event would mean a different set of possible hazards and risks that would each have to be looked into. Anyone from the participants to the general public may be exposed to these hazards.
- Child Risk Assessment Forms – Professionals who specialize in child care and those who deal with young children are required to conduct risk assessments to ensure the health and safety of children. Examples of those who conduct child risk assessments are day care facilities, child care facilities, and schools.
Although there are various types of Risk Assessment Forms, these forms are basically formatted in the same way to ensure the steps to a risk assessment are duly complied.
Event Risk Assessment Forms
Community Event Risk Assessment
Social Event Health and Safety Risk Assessment
Outdoor Event Risk Assessment
Health Risk Assessment Form
Sample Health Risk Assessment
Basic Tree Risk Assessment Form
Basic Tree Risk Assessment
Safety Risk Assessment Forms
Machine Safety Risk Assessment
Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Child Risk Assessment Forms
Child Care Risk Assessment
Child Welfare Risk Assessment
Child Employment Risk Assessment
Ways to Manage Hazards and Risks
- Policies and procedures: Every company or organization should have policies and procedures in place to ensure the health and safety of their people. For example, they should teach operators of heavy machinery the proper way to handle such equipment to ensure safety. It is then the people’s responsibility to follow such policies.
- Wearing of protective gear: Every worker, especially those who work in hazardous workplaces, should not be allowed to enter the workplace without wearing their protective gear and clothing. For example, in construction areas, they are required to wear hard hats to prevent head injuries due to falling debris.
- Accident reports: As they say, you learn from your mistakes. The occurrence of accidents is never a happy circumstance but there is always something to be learned from it. It is every company’s responsibility to investigate the accident, find out the cause of the accident, and plan methods and ways to prevent the accident from ever happening again.
Risk and hazard management is one of the steps in risk assessment. Sample Risk Assessment Forms, such as School Risk Assessment Forms may be used to streamline the process of risk assessment and ensure that no process or step is left out. Every step is crucial to the entire process, so it is important to make sure that everything is covered.
Film Risk Assessment Form
Film Production Risk Assessment
Task Risk Assessment Forms
Manual Task Risk Assessment
Change Task Risk Assessment
Risk Assessment: A Five-Step Process
- The first step is to identify the hazards present in the area. The possible hazards can be categorized into different types for easier identification. Certain preliminary questions on Blank Risk Assessment Forms are also to be answered to help in identification.
- After the present hazards are identified, next comes the identification of individuals who are might be exposed to such hazards. It is important to note that the exposure might be direct or indirect, and both possibilities have to be looked into. There should also be special consideration for night workers or graveyard shift workers, disabled workers, pregnant women, and the elderly.
- After you have collated all these aforementioned information, it is then important to analyze the hazards present to determine the likelihood of their occurrence. This will help with determining which hazards need urgent and special attention. This step is necessary for risk management.
- This involves planning methods and ways to reduce, if not eliminate, the identified hazards to protect the health and safety of potentially exposed individuals.
- The last step is evaluation. This involves recording the results of the risk management, and evaluating if there are any significant reduction to the risks and hazards identified. If no significant changes were observed, the company might consider doing another risk assessment or coming up with an alternative risk management procedure.
Field Risk Assessment Forms
Field Activity Risk Assessment
Field Work Risk Assessment
Field Level Risk Assessment
Excursion Risk Assessment Form
Excursion Risk Management Plan
Importance of Risk Assessment
Conducting Risk Assessments can help cut costs. Why? Hiring attorneys and paying for medical expenses can be pretty costly. When your workplace or school is not safe, accidents are bound to happen sooner or later. When there are accidents, you can almost be sure that lawsuits will follow, especially if they feel that the company was negligent of safety and labor laws. You will also have to pay for the medical expenses of the individual because the accident happened while at your premises and proves that you were indeed negligent of safety laws. This is why Construction Risk Assessment Forms are very important in construction areas. You can only imagine how hazardous construction areas can be.
Not only will Risk Assessments help in cutting down costs, but also ensure business continuity. Is it not going to be a very terrible picture for a company if they are very prone to accidents? Would that not reflect negatively on them? A company’s reputation is important in promoting brand loyalty and advocacy – two things that are very important in ensuring a successful business. So it is important for every company to ensure the safety of their constituents to maintain a positive image on the people. We also have Caries Risk Assessment Forms that are used to assess a person’s likelihood of developing caries, which is a decay and crumbling of the teeth and bones.
FREE 8+ Driver Assessment Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Client Assessment Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Nutrition Assessment Forms in PDF | Ms Word
FREE 10+ Patient Assessment Forms in PDF | Ms Word | Excel
FREE 31+ Needs Assessment Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 9+ Plant Risk Assessment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 29+ Sample Needs Assessment Forms in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 31+ Needs Assessment Forms in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 40+ Health Assessment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 45+ Sample Health Assessment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 36+ Health Assessment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 22+ Nursing Assessment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 36+ Self-Assessment Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 55+ Sample Self Assessment Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 10+ Sample Initial Assessment Forms in PDF | Excel | Ms Word