The safety of an environment as well as the health of the people living there are factors that should always be considered whenever there are processes or changes that are needed to be done. The threat or any potential damages that activities can provide to people must be weighed accordingly to control, lessen, or even remove their effects. It is important to assess if there are any present or potential hazards when planning new activities or processes, and when there are any changes to an existing activity or process, like new machinery, tools, and products. It is important that new information on health and safety risk management is disseminated properly to each individual at risk after they have been identified. You can also check our other Assessment Forms that you may need.
Blank Health and Safety Risk Assessment Form
Work Health and Safety Risk Assessment Form
Health and Safety Executive Risk Assessment Form
Health and Safety Fire Risk Assessment Form
Types of Hazards
- Biological: This is more common in health, food, and agricultural industries. This could include infectious diseases and allergies caused by a virus, bacteria, fungi, or any foreign toxins.
- Physical: Examples of this are loose cables, wet floors, or anything that could lead to serious physical injuries.
- Chemical: This is when the affected persons are exposed to hazardous chemicals that could have short-term or long-term effects, such as burns, rashes, coma, and death.
- Psychological: This is when the affected persons are in a stressful environment that could cause any psychological disturbance such as lack of concentration and headaches.
Given these hazards, it is important to make sure that persons assigned to specific jobs are physically and mentally capable to perform them. You may use Health Assessment Forms for this. Doing this can help improve productivity and reduce absences due to sickness.
Step-by-Step Process for Health and Safety Risk Assessment
- Identify the hazards of an activity and measure its effects to the people involved in the process
- List down the severity of these measures as well as the probability metrics on how they can affect the community
- Know the characteristics and nature of the people who are at risk including their age and sex
- Create a criteria that you will follow to assess and evaluate the risks that can possibly be realized if the activity will push through
- Prioritize the creation of solutions for hazards that are of most possible to occur
- Polish the implementation procedures that will be followed to control or even eliminate the identified hazards
- If applicable, develop and improve the current control measures followed by the organization
- Review the effectiveness and efficiency of the assessment over time
Once you have assessed any health and safety risks, and implemented control measures, it is important to follow up on and reevaluate the risks to make sure that they were properly lessened or eliminated.
Generic Health and Safety Risk Assessment Form
Health and Safety Risk Assessment Form Example
Health and Safety Risk Assessment Form in PDF
Event Health and Safety Risk Assessment Form
Health and Safety Risk Assessments can help identify hazards and create awareness, prevent serious physical injuries or loss of life, and determine if new control measure should be put in place or if existing ones need improvement. This is why Health and Safety Assessment Forms should not be taken lightly. If overlooked, this could put any organization in peril, especially legally. Aside from the legal requirements, it is also a good way of showing your employees or the volunteers of your organization that you care about them. This sense of security is sure to boost one’s morale.
Risk Assessment Form Template
Sample COSHH Assessment Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
22+ Nursing Assessment Form Samples
45+ Sample Health Assessment Form
Sample Risk Assessment Form - 18+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Health Surveillance Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Health Declaration Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Student Risk Assessment Forms - 9+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Blank Assessment Forms - 28+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Environmental Assessment Forms - 8+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Free Assessment Forms - 33+ Free Documents in Word, DPF
Sample Risk Assessment Review Forms - 7+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Army Risk Assessment - 7+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample School Risk Assessment Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Fire Risk Assessment Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...