A Fitness Assessment or a Physical Examination is a routine evaluation that is conducted to check on an individual’s overall health status. A Fitness Assessment may be done by a doctor, a nurse, or a physician assistant and is imperative for all individuals regardless of age, sex, race, or level of activity.
It is important to get a physical exam periodically, especially when you are above 50 years old, in order to determine medical conditions that can be prevented or controlled at an early stage. When conducting a Fitness or Physical Assessment, Assessment Forms are typically used to document the results or findings.
Fitness Health Assessment Form
Fitness Instructor Assessment Form
Fitness Test Assessment Form in PDF
Fitness Client Assessment Form
General Fitness Assessment Form
The Advantages of Getting a Fitness Assessment Periodically
- Allows your doctor to check for potential diseases so these can be treated early, eliminated, or controlled.
- Helps to update necessary immunizations.
- Ensures that you are maintaining a healthy lifestyle with proper exercise and a healthy diet.
- Monitors your cholesterol count, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels.
- Identifies tissues or bumps that may be a cause for concern in the future.
When conducting a fitness assessment, be sure to properly document your results or findings by using Physical Assessment Forms. This is to ensure that proper and accurate references are used in the diagnosis of a patient’s health status.
Steps in Performing a Fitness Assessment
1. Make sure your hands are properly clean and sanitized.
2. Take the patient’s blood pressure.
3. Take the radial pulse by placing your index and middle fingers on the inside of your wrist, below your thumb.
Use a watch with a second hand and count your pulse for 60 seconds. Write down your pulse rate, the date, time, and which side was used to take the pulse.
4. Check the patient’s ears.
5. Conduct a hearing test.
Gym Fitness Assessment Form
Medical Fitness Assessment Form
Physical Fitness Assessment Form
Fitness Risk Assessment Form
Fitness Assessment Form Example
Fitness Assessment Test Form
6. Perform an eye exam using the Snellen test.
7. Perform an eye exam by testing their eye reaction with a flashlight.
8. Conduct an exam on eye movement by letting the patient follow the direction of your finger using only his eyes.
9. Check the nose and the throat for any signs of inflammation.
10. Perform a check on the neck and on the lymph nodes by determining if there are any glands that are on the neck or on the thyroid that are palpable.
11. Ask them to raise their eyebrows, frown, close their eyes tightly, show their teeth, smile, and puff out their cheeks to check on their cranial nerves.
12. With the use of a stethoscope, perform a check-up on the lungs. Let the patient breath in deeply and then breathe out while simultaneously doing 3 spot checks on the back of each lung and 1 on the front of each lung.
13. Still with the use of a stethoscope, check on the heart.
14. For the abdominal exam, listen for an aortic bruit by listening for bowel sounds in all 4 quadrants of the abdomen.
15. Palpate the spleen and the liver.
16. Let the patient bend over and touch his toes to assess the function of his spine.
We also offer other types of assessment forms for download such as our Risk Assessment Forms. Our forms and templates are readily accessible to help you save on time and money.
Sample Self Evaluation Forms - 11+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Instructor Evaluation Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Blank Assessment Forms - 28+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Risk Assessment Forms - 10+ Free Documents in PDF, Word
7+ Training Assessment Form Samples - Free sample, Example ...
19+ Sample Training Evaluation Forms Sample Forms
Self-Assessment Sample Forms - 22+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
27+ Sample Medical Clearance Forms Sample Forms
Sample Physical Report Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Evaluation Forms - 25+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Generic Physical Form Samples - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Medical Form - 20+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Health Certificate Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
6+ Sample School Physical Forms
7+ Class Evaluation Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...