Peer Assessment Forms are used for peer assessment. What is Peer Assessment? It is an assessment done by your peers, of you or the members of a group. It can also be a self-assessment. In a classroom setting, this is when assessment is done by the students themselves. They grade themselves and their peers through parameters set by the teacher.
Student Peer Assessment Form
Team Peer Assessment Form
Peer Review Assessment Form
Peer Group Assessment Form
Peer Assessment Form Example
Types of Peer Assessments
- Student Peer Assessment: This is when a student grades the work or performance of a fellow student.
- Team Peer Assessment: This is when members of a team or group rate their co-member’s performance, participation, and contribution in a team assignment. When doing projects with a group, you may also use Project Assessment Forms to determine the value and outcomes of that specific project.
- Peer Teaching Assessment: This is done by a peer evaluator wherein he observes the way a teacher teaches and then provides constructive feedback to improve the performance and efficiency of the teacher.
- Self-Assessment or Self-Appraisal: This is when someone is required to provide feedback on his own performance. This boosts a person’s awareness of his own thinking and learning process, which ultimately helps him improve his performance and learning abilities.
Peer Evaluation Assessment Form
Peer Teaching Assessment Form
Peer Assessment Form in PDF
Peer and Self Assessment Form
Importance of Peer Assessment
- Peer Assessment can improve the student’s meta-cognition and allow them to think for themselves. It develops critical thinking and interpersonal skills. This way the students are able to understand the grading process, and know their strengths and weaknesses.
- It saves the teacher’s time because the amount of time it will take to grade the entire classroom will be the same as when a teacher grades one student. This is because the assessment of each student in the class is done simultaneously by everyone.
- The feedback will be faster. Instead of waiting for the teacher to finish assessing each and every student, which can be really tedious because the assessment is done simultaneously, the students are able to see their feedback right away.
- Teachers often focus on the grades and not on providing feedback. This is a missed opportunity for each student to learn from their mistakes and do better next time. Self-assessment has proven to be helpful for retention of knowledge because you are able to see for yourself where your mistakes and weaknesses are.
- Through self and peer assessments, students can have a better perspective of graded assignments. They can come to see it not just as a burden, but as a way to provide and gain feedback, and an opportunity for learning and self-improvement.
So long as Peer Assessment is done right and monitored closely to avoid bias and dishonesty among students, it can prove to be a very effective way to grade assignments and participation in class. Aside from this, you may also use other Student Assessment Forms.
Sample Speech Evaluation Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Speech Evaluation Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
Sample Project Assessment Froms - 10+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Peer Review Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
250+ Evaluation Forms – Free Sample, Example, Format Download ...
Evaluation Form Examples
Sample Work Assessment Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Business Evaluation Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
Student Evaluation Form Template
Sample Assessment Forms - 25+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
27+ Teacher Evaluation Form Example
13+ Vehicle Evaluation Forms - Free PDF Format Download
Presentation Evaluation Form Sample - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
Mentor Evaluation Form - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Evaluation Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF