An employee correction form is used by the human resource department of a company for employees who aim to recheck and update their company records. Correcting employee payroll mistakes, conducting an employee name change, as well as properly designating employee appraisal assignments are some of the purposes wherein the correction form will serve a great use in the company. The importance of having this form is to secure that all data in the company are exact to the knowledge of the employee, the financing department, and are promptly based on the entries that the employee was able to provide within his employment.
Employee Absence Correction Form
Employee Assignment Correction Form
Employee Historical Correction Form
Employee Hours Usage Correction Form
Employee Payroll Correction Form
What’s Inside an Employee Correction Form?
The contents of an employee correction form will depend on what type of corrections or updates that the employee will be making in his records. However, regardless of the varying entries that the form will cater, companies should include the following significant areas of a payroll correction form to assure that they will acquire the right amount of data for the correction process:
Date and department information
A single company can have a lot of departments, which is the reason why it is essential that the employee review should be categorized as to what department he is currently working as well as his job position and assignments. The date will indicate the starting day that the employee reported to the human resource personnel about his concerns and issues. With the date, the employee and the human resource personnel action will be able to estimate the number of days when the correction or update will take effect on the employee’s records.
The general information of the employee along with the name of the human resource personnel who is assigned to handle his concerns and changes are stated in this section. The employee’s social security and identification number are also needed to allow the human resource personnel to search his data from the database system of the company. Other information of the employee that may be required in this section can include the employee’s residential address, starting date of employment, the salary amount per month, and his available contact information or email addresses in and out of the office.
The employee’s reasons why the changes, corrections, or updates are made will be highlighted in this section of the form. The reasons can include a recent change in the civil status of the employee due to a marriage or divorce and annulment. The employee should accompany his reasons with legal forms and documents to be enclosed on the correction form to prove that his claims are valid and true.
Description of correction
With the aforementioned reason for the employee’s status changes and updates, the employee will then need to supply the important details to cater the background of his correction. For work and service hours updates, the employee should indicate the specific payroll date that has an error to provide the human resource by checking the time-in and time-out entries of the employee. For general information changes and other relative data, the employee should state the right numbers and addresses, as well as the name of the person whom the company should reach out during emergency situations wherein the employee is involved.
Signatures and approval section
This is the last section of the form that will contain the employee and his supervisor’s signature. It is significant that the supervisor or the higher official who is handling the employee will recheck the employee information and updates stated on the form to secure that the written entries of the employee are based on facts. The approval of the human resource and other associated departments who will conduct the updates in the employee’s record review will also be indicated in this section, which will then be notified to the employee after the process has been successfully made.
Employee Pension Statement Correction Form
Employee Performance Correction Notice Form
Employee Personal Data Correction Form
Employee Safety Hazard Correction Form
Employee Social Security Number Correction
Examples of Employee Correction Forms
These employee correction forms will aid any company and human resource department to properly gather the corrections and updates of their employees:
- Employee Absence Correction Form – Employees who filed a time-off request from work should assure that the dates indicated in their attendance sheets are exactly what they have requested. For instances that the employee saw an error in his attendance such as an absence stated on a wrong day, he needs to complete an employee absence correction form. By using the form, the employee will be able to specify the hours of his regular work that he is obligated to provide in the company, the details of the original absent information that was given by the payroll department or his manager, and the actual or correct dates of his absences that are contrary from the stated payroll records. The types of absences should also be included to determine whether the employee filed for a paid absence or not.
- Employee Pension Statement Correction Form – Financial statements are significant documents that are also present in companies and businesses. Specifically, pension statements are the most common documents that employees and employers regularly update to secure that any changes have been reported to the responsible organization in the state. An employee pension statement correction form will have the employee’s name, social insurance number, statement period, and the information to be corrected. An investigation will then be conducted to report the corrections on the employee’s information. In the event that the filer or the person who completed the form is not the actual owner of the information such as the employee’s authorized representative, the name of the filer and his contact number is required to be stated below the document for security and updating purposes.
- Employee Personal Data Correction Form – A change in the social security number, name, race, status, and even in the emergency contact details of the employee will be stated in this form. Basically, the employee will have to write his information on each allocated area and submit the document after completing the fields. The human resource personnel will indicate the expected date when the changes are to be integrated into the employee’s company record and will request the employee to provide sufficient documents to support his claims and updates. Failure for the employee to provide the requested forms will result in an invalidated claim.
- Employee Safety Hazard Correction Form – Compared to other correction forms, this will be used by the employee to state a request about the hazards present in the company’s premises. The form is identical to a workplace risk assessment document that focuses on the location, description, and the measures, which are taken to eliminate the dangers or company hazards. Below the section that is allotted for the employee is the administration’s representative’s area that will state the recommendations in addressing the employee’s concerns.
- Employee Seniority Date Correction Form – The date when the employee was hired in the company will serve as the basis for determining his seniority date, which is the length of time that the employee was able to serve in the company. For changing the date of the employee’s seniority, an employee seniority date correction form is used in order to indicate the employee’s personal information and the reasons why the seniority date needs to be changed. A part of the form will state whether the changes were due to an involved discrepancy and if there will be a need to conduct a meeting with the employee for further acknowledgment of the changes.
- Employee Performance Correction Notice Form – Notifying an employee about his behavior that needs to be corrected for employment is also a reason why a correction form will be used by the human resource personnel. With an employee performance correction notice form, the human resource and the supervisor of the employee will be able to indicate the disciplinary level that the employee is involved, the type of corrective action proposed for the employee’s improvement, and a set of questionnaire that will state the effects and benefits that the employee will acquire after undergoing the proposed action. An employee acknowledgment form is enclosed with this document, which will state the willingness of the employee to comply with the performance conduct of the company.
- Employee Medicare Correction Form – Obtaining medical reimbursements and deductions are the purposes of having this form completed by the employee or his supervisor. The employee’s information will be used for determining the percentage of his medical expenses that the insurance company will cater or grant a discount as part of his employment. Since the insurance company will be shouldering some of the payments, the employee’s payroll information such as the dates when the salary of the employee was affected by his medical condition will be needed to be included in the form. Additionally, an explanation for the corrections and the signatures of the company’s authorized personnel will serve as the form’s closing section.
Employee Termination Correction Form
Employee Time Entry Correction Form
Faculty Employee Date Correction Form
Student Employee Medicare Correction Form
University Employee Time Correction Form
With the aforementioned examples of employee correction forms along with the significant contents that are necessary to be included in the document, your company will have an easy phase in changing details of an employee’s records. However, companies should take great precaution in immediately changing information so as to assure that an employee is only incorporating facts and legal data for his records.