Businesses, either offering some products to be purchased or providing various kinds of services to be availed, must be able to issue an acknowledgment slip to certify that a transaction has been made between the business management and the customer or client. One reason why this is necessary is that there is a possibility that some legal issues are most likely to transpire due to not issuing a proof of purchase. Hence, the business management or the company will be held liable for any of it.
What Is a Receipt Form?
This acknowledgment slip is referred to as a receipt that is used as a written proof that a product or a service has been received in exchange for an amount of cash. The receipt form usually consists of the list of items or products and the services that were either purchased or availed. This is in order for the customers, clients, or consumers to be aware of what particular items or services they have paid for. Therefore, the receipts serve as a guide or a reference for the individual.
Further purposes of receipt forms are as follows:
- With the use of receipt forms, the finance or accounting manager will be able to track the profit and loss statements of the business or the company.
- The receipt forms are used to prove that there was a transaction made.
- These forms of receipt also serve as an evidence that the taxes were collected from the sold products or items.
- These receipts serve as the confirmation of the customers or clients with regards to their purchased products.
The receipt forms are not only applicable or useful in businesses, these could also help the individual track the daily, weekly, monthly, and even their annual personal expense reports. In addition, by means of keeping the receipt for a while, the individual will be able to conduct an efficient allocation of their budget at home and at work, thus, keeping them aware of how much they have spent and updated with regards to how much is left in their individual budget.
Blank Restaurant Receipt Form
Sample Restaurant Receipt Form
Parts of a Receipt Form
Generally, a receipt form often contains the following:
- The payment received from (or the name of the customer)
- The date of when the receipt is generated or printed
- The list of all items purchased (the reason or purpose of the payment)
- The quantity and unit price of each
- The total amount paid
- The amount of tax collected from the purchased products
- The name, signature, and date signed by the cashier (or the payment recipient)
The list above is basically the details or the information that you usually see on a generic receipt form. Receipts differ depending on the type of business. The type could either be about selling or vending some items or providing efficient services to the clients. Hence, refer to the following details below to know what a receipt form for those businesses that offer products and services at the same time contains:
- The general information of the form
- The business or company name
- The location or address of the company
- The title of the form
- The receipt reference number
- The billing date
- The customer information
- The customer’s name
- The customer’s address
- The customer’s contact number
- The product/s information
- The item or product name or title
- The brief description
- The quantity of purchased
- The unit price of each
- The service/s information
- The title or the name of the service availed or provided
- The number of times availed the particular service/s
- The fixed price for each service availed
- The amount payable information
- The sum or the total amount to be paid for each product or service
- The subtotal amount of all purchased products and availed services
- The amount of the value added tax or the tax rate
- The payment information
- The method of payment (either cash, check, or credit card)
- The initial, advance, or down payment
- The cash or amount tendered
- The balance to be paid
- The change
- The affirmation information
- The signature of the cashier or the receiver of the payment
- The signature of the customer or client
- The date of when the receipt has been generated
These are basically the parts of a detailed payment receipt form that are usually utilized in a hotel, restaurant, and/or any resort company that offers both products and services. Yet, there are some companies that separate the payment for the hotel check-in or accommodation, the food and beverage expenses, and other services that are offered such as for health and wellness spa offered at the spa.
Restaurant Order Receipt Form
Restaurant Charge Receipt Form
What Are Restaurant Receipt Forms?
Restaurant receipt forms differ on what these are pertained to. The form could either be utilized to generate a report for the following:
- The payment for the meals or food and beverages ordered and consumed by the customers or consumers
- The payment for the event registration or application by a client who would want to conduct the event at the restaurant. This includes the catering services and other needs of the client for the event celebration.
- The payment for any additional request of the clients or customers for the food, beverages, and dessert
Therefore, the restaurant receipt form for dining often composes of the following:
- The name of the food ordered
- The total amount of each food ordered (this is computed by the multiplying the unit price of each food with the number of quantity ordered)
- The overall total amount to be paid
- The mode or method of payment
Nevertheless, the restaurant receipt form is legally part of the forms that you need to secure in order to open a restaurant business and that this is one of the evidence that your business is permitted to sell products and provide different kinds of services.
Detailed Restaurant Receipt Form
Itemized Restaurant Receipt Sample
Difference between a Receipt and an Invoice
A receipt is a written acknowledgment that is printed and provided to the customers or clients as a proof of the items purchased and services availed, whereas an invoice is a billing statement that notifies the customers or clients with regards to their current bill to be paid. In addition, the invoice presented by the restaurant management to their customers or clients are kept as the company’s copy. Refer below for an example scenario of when a receipt and an invoice are used.
In administering a hotel and restaurant business, you as the owner decided to make an extra profit by conducting various kinds of events and by offering some services. An example is a health and wellness spa that offers an hour massage and sauna. A group of friends has decided to try your restaurant menu and has decided to avail the services you have for the spa. Due to the fact that the restaurant payment must be made different from the availed services, you may specify by differentiating the item on your hotel and restaurant invoice. You may indicate the total amount for the restaurant meals, as well as the total amount of the services from the health and wellness spa. Once the group has paid their bills, a receipt must be secured or provided to them as to summarize the things that they have paid for.
Therefore, an invoice is technically used to itemize the details of the things to be paid, while a receipt is to generalize the items purchased and availed.
Restaurant Cash Receipt Forms
Restaurant Bill Receipt Form
Restaurant Catering Invoice/Bill
Restaurant Bill Format in Excel
The Importance of Restaurant Receipt Forms
There are some inevitable circumstances that could make you realize the importance of a restaurant receipt form or even any kind of receipt. One is when the customers or clients claim that the change they received from their purchased items is insufficient. Another is when they assert that they have paid all their bills such as for their room rental or accommodation, food or meals, and other payments they needed to make, when in fact, they have not yet paid any of it. In this case, the dominant thing that could help you solve the situation is by referring to the invoice or billing statement of your customer’s transaction.
Yet there are also some cases wherein customers can file a complaint against your management by filling out a customer complaint form. The possible circumstances are most likely to occur when you fail to issue a receipt for your customers. Thus, refer to the following sample scenarios:
- When all the food or meals ordered and paid by your customers are not served, and apparently you have no reference to what they have ordered.
- When restaurant employees have mistakenly served the food or meal to the wrong table.
- When customers had forgotten what they have ordered, and you have no idea of who among your employees is the one who asked for their orders.
- When customers demand a refund because of the wrong serving of food to their table.
These are just a few of the most common scenarios that could put your restaurant’s reputation at stake. Yet, there are a few things that you could refer to in order to avoid these kinds of circumstances.
- Ensure that the customers count their change first before leaving the payment counter.
- In cases wherein you are selling a product, make sure that you give a specific period of time for your customers to return it if it is found broken, thus, giving them a product warranty.
- Make sure that you issue an acknowledgment of receipt or a proof of purchase in order to avoid the different circumstances that could arise.
- Be sure to handle each customer complaint professionally in order to not worsen the situation.
- Understand what are the uses or the importance of receipt forms.
Nevertheless, do refer to the following forms that are provided for you in this article in order to be guided on how you could fill each of these out. In addition, you may also use these as your references in making or creating your own for your restaurant business.
7+ Restaurant Agreement Forms in PDF
8+ Restaurant Evaluation Forms - Word, PDF
7+ Restaurant Review Forms - PDF, Doc
5+ Restaurant Requisition Forms - PDF
6+ Restaurant Questionnaire Forms - PDF, DOC
7+ Restaurant Employee Evaluation Forms - PDF, DOC
6+ Sample Restaurant Survey Forms - PDF
6+ Sample Restaurant Checklist Forms - PDF
7+ Restaurant Training Forms - PDF, DOC
7+ Restaurant Proposal Forms - Word, PDF
7+ Restaurant Management Forms - Excel, PDF
6+ Restaurant Opening Checklist Forms - PDF, DOC
8+ Restaurant Application Forms - PDF, DOC
8+ Restaurant Termination Forms
6+ Restaurant Schedule Forms - PDF, Doc, Excel