One essential key to opening and managing a business is to ensure that the business is communicating well with the clients and the authorized officials of a state or location of where the business company is established. With regards to managing a restaurant, communication is also important as well as a mandated documentation procedure, which is why restaurant forms are significant to be used by the restaurant owner and his management team or staff. A document that is deemed as a necessity to be prepared by the restaurant is known as an enquiry or inquiry form.
What Is a Restaurant Enquiry/Inquiry Form?
A restaurant enquiry or inquiry form is a document that is used whenever a client or a guest will want to ask the restaurant management about bookings, reservations, and even the event offers of the restaurant. The form is also accompanied by a reservation document wherein the client can disclose his information and indicate the general details of his planned event.
Examples of Restaurant Enquiry/Inquiry Forms
The main objective of using a restaurant enquiry/inquiry form is to address answers to the questions of a client and proceed to a request process and to the reservation steps of a restaurant. With this, the examples below can be considered by anyone who wants to create and prepare his own form for several reasons and intentions:
1. New Restaurant Business Inquiry Request Form – This form is not intended to be used by any client and customer or guests, but by the restaurant business owner and management themselves. By completing this document, the owner will be able to legally register the business in order to operate within a specific location. Four sections are found in the form which includes a contact information, business proposed location section, proposed business information, and a business overview statement section.
The owner must supply his contact details such as his full name along with his residential and electronic mailing addresses. In the business proposed location section, the owner needs to disclose the basic location details of his restaurant business such as the name of his restaurant, the location of where the restaurant will be established and built, the square footage for the restaurant establishment, and an indication of whether there will be parking spaces and lots for the restaurant’s guests and clients. You may also see restaurant plan forms.
The proposed business information section, on the other hand, highlights what type of business or restaurant will be opened and the sorts of services that the business will offer to their clients including catering services and drive-in services. Lastly, the business overview statement of the owner must indicate what materials, accessories, kitchen equipment, and furniture pieces will be used for the restaurant establishment’s completion. All of these data and information are significant for obtaining the approval of the authorized official to begin creating the restaurant business of the owner or requestor.
New Restaurant Business Inquiry Request Form
2. Restaurant Band Inquiry Submission Form – There are restaurants who play live music for their guests and clients. These restaurants must prepare a restaurant band inquiry submission form, which is significant to be provided to musicians who want to play and serve music throughout a period or duration of an event in the restaurant. The form contains the date of when they will submit the form, the band’s general information, and the list of instruments that the band will be using.
A questionnaire form is also enclosed or attached with the submission form in order to gather more details about the band ranging from the music genre and concerts that the band conducted, the average pay per night that the band will demand from the restaurant management, up to the availability of the band throughout a year or a month of the restaurant’s event operations. Moreover, the authorized personnel of the restaurant who is assigned to hire bands and performers will conduct an assessment procedure to ensure that the band is indeed true to what they have disclosed in the form and that the band will be able to deliver music and songs that are ideal for their guests and clients. You may also see restaurant legal forms.
Restaurant Band Inquiry Submission Form
3. Restaurant Party Enquiry Form – This is ideal to be used by a restaurant client who wants to have a party at the restaurant’s premises. The form must have the basic information of the client which includes his name, the company or organization that he is representing from, his personal email and phone numbers. Following the client’s information section is a checklist wherein the client must mark the item which defines the party to be held at the restaurant whether it is a day party, private lunch, or a dinner party. The expected number of participants and guests that are invited to join the party must be indicated on the enquiry form along with client’s preferred date for the party. You may also see restaurant feedback forms.
Restaurant Party Enquiry Form
4. Restaurant Private Events Inquiry Form – Compared to the aforementioned party enquiry form, this type of document can be used for clients who want the restaurant to host his preferred event or occasion. The form will state the name of the client, the type of event to be hosted, the phone numbers of the client, the date and time of the event, the number of guests, as well as the allocated event budget that the client is willing to provide or pay to the restaurant. Additional details should also be disclosed such as the type of menu and reception theme for the event, the beverages to be served, and the client’s event expectations, which will help the restaurant’s event team in knowing what they must plan and do to meet the client’s needs.
Restaurant Private Events Inquiry Form
Tips for Creating a Restaurant Event Inquiry Form
Restaurant event inquiry or enquiry forms are documents that work similarly to event location reservation forms. When crafting this document, it is important that the target user will be able to write down all matters and considerations that he wants the restaurant to know. Below are tips that can be used by a restaurant owner or by anyone who aims to have his own restaurant event enquiry or inquiry form:
1. State a thank-you note at the beginning of the form. This statement or note must be indicated below the header or the logo and the name of the restaurant business. The note can also serve as a welcoming statement for the guest of the target user which can be accompanied by a set of instructions of how to complete the form. The purpose and objective of why the form is required to be filled out by the guest can also be included with the thank-you note to send out the reasons and the intentions of the restaurant for gathering the information of the guest.
2. Include an alternative contact information section. Although the guest who reserved the restaurant for the event is most likely the person who is the organization’s event planner or organizer, it is always a significant strategy that an alternative contact person will be available any time if the event planner is not answering the restaurant’s calls and emails. The alternative contact person’s name, address, phone numbers, and electronic mailing addresses must be enlisted on the form and must only be considered to be contacted if the event planner is not able to be reached by the restaurant’s staff.
3. Keep the document simple yet attractive. A form that has tons of designs and layout varieties can be distracting and messy in the eyes of different clients. This is the reason why simplicity must be visible in the form; however, the layout should also coordinate with the theme and the colors of the restaurant. Nevertheless, two to three colors and a maximum of three font designs or styles should only be used by the creator of the inquiry form as well. This ensures that the elements in the document will be synchronized yet will still imply creativity and beauty to the target users or guests. You may also see restaurant application forms.
4. Allocate blank spaces. Although having a shortened form is better than a lengthy one, spaces must be considered to be incorporated into the form especially when it comes to identifying what restaurant menu options and drinks are preferred by the guest or client for his own event. Bullet points can be indicated as well to start a list for the client in naming his choices.
Lastly, the creator of a restaurant event inquiry form along with the managers and staff of the restaurant must also ensure that they will be able to obtain a service feedback from the clients and guests. These feedback statements are significant for determining if the services requested by the client were fulfilled and met during the event and if there are matters that should be improved by the restaurant staff and team as well.
Why Are Restaurant Enquiry/Inquiry Forms Important?
Restaurant enquiry or inquiry forms are important due to the need of any restaurant business managers and owners to gather the significant information of their guests as well as know what inquiries are frequently asked within a certain season or period of the restaurant’s operation similar to a survey form. Additionally, this form also indicates what the restaurant can offer when it comes to services where large crowds or hundreds of people will be participating and staying in the restaurant.
FREE 9+ Restaurant Receipt Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 4+ Restaurant Employment Forms in PDF
FREE 5+ Restaurant Requisition Forms in PDF
FREE 7+ Restaurant Review Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Restaurant Waiver Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Restaurant Enquiry Forms in PDF
FREE 10+ Restaurant Waste/Wastage Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 5+ Sample Restaurant Marketing Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Restaurant Training Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Restaurant Finance Forms in PDF | Excel
FREE 6+ Sample Restaurant Reservation Forms in PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Restaurant Checklist Forms in PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Restaurant Survey Forms in PDF
FREE 6+ Restaurant Opening Checklist Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Restaurant Performance Forms in PDF | MS Word