Stress and pressure are two things that are common in any work environment such as construction sites and in restaurant establishments. These two factors must be addressed accordingly by the management to assure that the business will not be affected. With this, employee evaluations are conducted to know how the employees are doing and what the management can do to help them toward improving the employees’ individual performances. To document the strategies and the changes, the management must produce employee evaluation forms and provide these documents to their evaluators.
Kitchen Employee Evaluation Form
What Is a Restaurant Employee Evaluation Form?
Restaurant employee evaluation forms are documents that are used to effectively assess and evaluate the performance of the restaurant business staff. The form provides significant benefits to the company or the restaurant business. By using the form on a regular basis or even every quarter month of the year, the restaurant management will be able to coach their staff, acquire resolutions for problems in the business, and determine how a staff is improving from the day he signed an employment contract.
Food Service Cook Performance Evaluation Form
Food Service Personnel Evaluation Form
Types of Restaurant Employee Evaluation Forms
- Cook Performance Evaluation Form – This type of restaurant employee evaluation form is used for assessing and evaluating restaurant cooks and chefs. The form must have the name of the cook on the first area along with the date or period of evaluation. A set of ranking instructions is stated on the form to inform the evaluator of how he can determine an appropriate score for the items of the evaluation. Three main factors are rated in this form which includes the cook’s work habits, professional development, and socialization to his coworkers. To effectively acquire the reasons for why the evaluator provided the scores for the cook, a comment section is allotted at the end of every rating category. The last section of the form is an area where the evaluator certifies with his signature that he was able to inform and discuss the evaluation process to the employee.
- Food Service Personnel Evaluation Form – This form is ideal for evaluating employees who do the food preparation and decoration before it is served to the tables of the restaurant guests. Once the form is completed and submitted by the evaluator to the management, a duplicate must be made which will be given to the employee. Then, the employee will undergo a discussion procedure with his manager or supervisor. Upon the end of the discussion, the employee will have to affix his signature on the original document to certify that he obtained the plans and the strategies that will help him in producing a better output for the restaurant.
- Kitchen Staff Evaluation Form – Aside from the chef who cooks the meals and the options in a restaurant menu, there are employees who are named as the kitchen staff. They are the helpers of the chef, as well as those who clean the dishes and maintain the areas of the kitchen neat and presentable. With this, a kitchen staff evaluation form is the appropriate document that evaluators must use for these types of employees. The form mainly evaluates the consistency of the staff’s performance and ability to cater the needs of the client or his colleagues. The feedback of the reviewer or evaluator along with the signature of the supervisor are significant to complete the document.
- Restaurant Manager Evaluation Form – Most restaurants and companies observe different procedures when evaluating their managers and supervisors. One of the known procedures includes four phases which are the planning phase, performance monitoring, employee appraisal phase, and the developmental phase. The evaluator must be able to complete the phases in order for him to discuss the evaluation of the subject or the manager. This is when a restaurant manager evaluation form is used to indicate the ratings given for the manager’s performance, output, quality of operations, and ability to mandate rules to his subordinates. The manager’s financial abilities and maturity are also rated in the evaluation along with the attitude or behavior of the manager to promote company pride to any individual within and outside the company.
- Restaurant Server Performance Evaluation Form – This is for the waiters and the waitresses who work in the restaurant. The form will aid the evaluator in rating the performance of the server in promoting the business, in catering the needs of the guests, as well as in observing food sanitation policies.
Kitchen Staff Evaluation Sample Template
Restaurant Cook Evaluation Form
Significant Sections Found in Restaurant Employee Evaluation Forms
Regardless of the variety, restaurant employee evaluation forms will always have common areas and sections that are essential for achieving an effective evaluation process. Below are the significant sections that any evaluator can find in restaurant employee evaluation forms:
- Employee information – This is for gathering the employee’s general information such as his name, job position, company identification number, restaurant area of assignment, as well as his shift schedule. Other details that can be disclosed in this section includes the date of when the employee was hired in the company and the date of when the last evaluation was conducted for the employee.
- Instructions and guidelines – Although professional individuals already know what to expect in a restaurant employee evaluation form, it is always a necessity to indicate a set of instructions and guidelines in order to assure that the form is used properly. The instructions must include how the evaluator can determine his ratings as well as what other steps must be followed to complete the evaluation procedure of the restaurant management.
- Performance rating area – This area or section is often in a table format where the characteristics and abilities to be rated are accompanied with a rating scale. The evaluator will then have to choose a rating score for every item on the table based on how the employee performed and retained professionalism over the period of his employment.
- Strengths and weaknesses list – This section will focus on what aspects of the employee should be maintained as well as must be changed. However, not only will the evaluator key in merely the positive and the negative points of an employee but must also indicate what suggestions he can provide to help the employee in doing a better performance at work.
- Overall feedback – The evaluator of the employee must provide a summary of his feedback in this section which must contain suggestions and tips to aid the employee in improving himself. Additionally, the evaluator can also indicate his assessment regarding factors that are not stated on the rating scale and other aspects that are necessary for addressing the employee’s weak areas.
- Signatures and date – The employee must only affix his signature if he had acquired a discussion and review of the feedback given to him by the evaluator. The date will indicate the end period of when both employee and evaluator have agreed on a specific action plan as part of the evaluation.
Restaurant General Manager Performance Evaluation Form
Restaurant Manager Quarterly Evaluation Form
Tips for Creating Effective Restaurant Employee Evaluation Forms
When making any type of restaurant employee evaluation form, the management must keep the following tips in mind:
- Keep it basic, familiar, and simple – Creating any document that includes individuals of various educational attainment and experiences must not be done with complexity but rather must be kept simple and concise. Keeping the form in a basic and simple format allows the evaluator to explain the areas and his ratings effectively to the employee, limiting the usage of words and context that can only be understood by those of a specific background.
- Create variety – Since there are various job positions in a single restaurant business, the management must assure that they are not evaluating similar factors to different professionals with different responsibilities. With this, specific evaluation forms must be used for the restaurant employees as well as for varying periods of the year and purposes depending on what the intention of the company is. For instance, if the purpose of an evaluation is to allow an employee to do a reflection of himself, then a restaurant employee self-evaluation form can be useful for the process, while a manager evaluation form will be suitable for those who are employed as managers and head personnel in the company.
- Address all necessary issues and needs – A restaurant employee evaluation must not be limited to the needs and wants of the company but to the employees as well. With this, it is significant to include a comment section on the form that caters the statements of the evaluator about his evaluation to the employee and the employee’s thoughts about the rating that he acquired from the evaluator.
- Assure a follow-up procedure – Most companies will just let the evaluation process come to an end without minding what will happen next to the employees. However, if the purpose of a restaurant management is to promote the well-being and enhance the performance of their employees, then a follow-up must be conducted. This refers to creating plans suitable for addressing the employee’s concerns for the long run. An employee performance or output tracking form can be a beneficial tool for the follow-up procedures of a restaurant along with the supervision and support of the employee’s manager.
Restaurant Server Performance Evaluation Form
With the aforementioned tips, sections, and varieties of restaurant employee evaluation forms, any restaurant business will be able to conduct their evaluation process with ease and effectivity. Nonetheless, the results of the evaluation must be kept between the subject or the employee and the evaluator only to promote privacy and confidentiality in the company.
FREE 9+ Restaurant Employee Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Restaurant Reservation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Restaurant Waiver Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Sample Restaurant Employment Forms in PDF
FREE 3+ Restaurant Enquiry/Inquiry Forms in PDF
FREE 6+ Restaurant Employee Forms in PDF | MS Word
9 Reasons for Restaurant Customer Dissatisfaction
10 Ways in Building Customer Loyalty in Your Restaurant
FREE 5+ Restaurant Schedule Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 4+ Restaurant Transfer of Ownership Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Restaurant Termination Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Restaurant Employment Forms in PDF
FREE 5+ Restaurant Enquiry Forms in PDF
FREE 5+ Sample Restaurant Marketing Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Restaurant Training Forms in PDF | MS Word