Critiques and judgments about one’s ability to meet a particular standard are not only evident in companies and educational institutions during the process of job applications and enrollments but also during speech evaluation presentations in a debate or any event. The significance of conducting a speaker evaluation is to inform the speaker about the effectiveness of his speech to the crowd and to determine what aspects need to be improved by him.
What Is a Speaker Evaluation Form?
A speaker evaluation form is a document that is used whenever an individual or the audience will have to assess and rate the speaker of an event. Collecting data about the way the speaker delivered his speech is the purpose of requesting the crowd to complete the evaluation form. Additionally, the evaluation form will also serve as a tool for creating valuable decisions especially when it comes to determining the winner of a debate, as well as distinguishing when should the speaker be called up again to grant his speech.
With the help of the evaluation form, an organization will be less likely to deal with speakers who are not appropriate for the activity evaluation and who will not be inspiring enough for the crowd. The form is also used by organizations to allow the crowd or the judges of an event in writing down their speaker and event feedback, which will aid the organization in constructing a better plan for assuring their success and addressing their failures with a resolution.
General Speaker Evaluation Form
Club Speaker Evaluation Form
Engineering Speaker Evaluation Form
Event Speaker Evaluation Form
Guest Speaker Evaluation Form
What’s in a Speaker Evaluation Form?
Speaker evaluation forms may have varying formats and arrangements but this document should have the following:
Details of the Event
This refers to the general information of the event including its type whether it is a debate, a public announcement or broadcast, or if it is for an organization meeting presentation evaluation. The date and place of the event are two of the data that are found in this primary section.
Name of the Speaker
Some speakers come in groups or class and in varying speech or topic categories. With this, it is essential that the form will indicate the legal name of the person presenting in front, especially for contest purposes, to assure that the speaker is the exact individual who is expected in the program evaluation.
Speaker’s Questions Rating
The purpose of why the speaker will ask a set of questions is to communicate and involve the audience with the topic. The relevance of his questions to the topic and the point that he clearly shows to the audience are significant to be assessed by the individual who will grant the evaluation.
The Rate of the Whole Presentation
A speaker evaluation form will have a separate section for the overall total. In order for the evaluating personnel action to acquire the total score, he needs to sum up the scores from the varying tables and rating scales.
Comments and Suggestions
Requesting for the speaker to speak louder and clearer is an example of a comment that an evaluating personnel can include in his evaluation. However, the evaluating personnel should make sure that his comments and employee suggestions are constructive and exact. The personnel should also be aware of the types of words and phrases that he will be using to avoid mistakenly delivering a negative impact to any speaker.
Law Committee Speaker Evaluation Form
Program Speaker Evaluation Form
Public Speaker Evaluation Form
Seminar Speaker Evaluation Form
Senate Speaker Evaluation Form
Examples of Speaker Evaluation Forms
Although there are numerous kinds of speaker evaluation forms, here are some of the commonly used and known by the population of any event that demands a speaker to present himself:
- Club Speaker Evaluation Form – Clubs or organizations are composed of people with the same interests about a particular subject. This is the type of group where a club speaker speech evaluation form will serve a great use. The form will assess how the speaker balanced his plot, tone, diagrams, or the slides that he used for his presentation, as well as how he manages the questions of his audience. Additional paperwork such as a detailed group workshop evaluation can be attached to the form to allow an in-depth understanding of the factors that may have affected the ratings given to the speaker.
- Engineering Speaker Evaluation Form – Engineers are prone to doing risk assessments for their projects, as well as various evaluation documents that are either for their company or directly addressed for them. For events that deal with engineering subjects and matters, an engineering speaker evaluation form is needed for the critiques of the event. The form will center on the sequence of the speaker’s speech presentation, the clarity, the coverage of the speaker’s topic, and the total effect that the speaker and his speech was able to achieve throughout the presentation feedback duration.
- Guest Speaker Evaluation Form – Whether it is a funeral or a motivational inauguration ceremony, a guest speaker should go under a speaker evaluation procedure to assure that he will be speaking terms that are acceptable to the crowd during the event form. An evaluation form for a guest speaker will highlight the interest of the speaker toward the topic, the length of his speech, and whether the goal of his presentation was clearly met such as providing an action plan for a company or inviting people into opening their own businesses.
- Public Speaker Evaluation Form – This evaluation form has areas or sections that are similar to a conference feedback form as it contains questions that demand the user to state his plans after witnessing the motivational speech of the speaker. Although evaluation forms should be kept short and simple with rating scores for the speaker, this document needs to be completed by the user with a sentence or two for his explanations of each question.
- Seminar Speaker Evaluation Form – Seminar evaluations are essential to any organization or group in obtaining the thoughts of their audience about improvements, determining appropriate program, and solving glitches. With a seminar speaker evaluation form, the audience and the judges for the event can state their impressions and assessments. It is important to use this form in order to collect contact information about the suitability of the speaker’s words and message for the learning and experience of the audience.
Speaker Evaluation Form Sample
Speaker Evaluation Short Form
Speaker Presentation Evaluation Form
Speaker’s Bureau Evaluation Form
Teacher Speaker Evaluation Form
Tips for Speaker Evaluations
These tips will aid you in providing an effective and complete speaker evaluation form:
Listen, identify, and list
Most speakers are trained to communicate for a variety of audiences and target application in order for them to integrate a familiarity about the topic as well as the expectations of the people whom they should entertain. This is why as the individual who is responsible for doing the evaluation, you must fully listen to the speaker and determine what his main idea is. By acknowledging the speaker’s main idea, you will be able to know if his arguments and supporting details coordinate to each other or not.
Evaluate the content and organization of the speech
As you list down the main point that the speaker is delivering along with his arguments and details, you need to do a job assessment of whether the whole content of his speech is relevant for the audience or not. The speaker’s organization such as his arrangement of the arguments starting from a strong introduction to a persuasive closing statement should be considered as you begin filling out ratings on your evaluation.
Assess the speaker’s tone and style
Doing a speaker evaluation does not merely mean that you will only focus on assessing the speaker but you must also do a thorough speech presentation evaluation. This refers to evaluating the tone of the speaker’s voice, his body language, how he managed to stand as a confident individual in front as well as his style of convincing the audience.
Praise the speaker
When evaluating, you must center yourself in giving out a constructive evaluation report and assessment rather than providing a destructive one. Beginning your evaluation with words of praise from the speaker’s presentation is an effective move in lightening the mood of a competition or at any event. If the speaker is obviously shaking in front of the crowd due to nervousness, ease up his imbalanced confidence by voicing out a positive performance review to be followed by steps or suggestions of how he can improve his speech construction.
State a feedback
Your feedback can include the warmth of the event’s hosts, the appropriateness of the event’s venue, and how the speaker’s topic suits the event. How you can provide the feedback can depend on what the event planner and organizers have given to you as they can hand out separate evaluation and feedback forms or even integrate a feedback section at the bottom of the evaluation sheet to use lesser papers and inks.
The aforementioned examples and tips will not only aid a judge through speaker evaluation but will also allow him to indicate points and state his satisfaction rating. Nonetheless, organizations who will hire or call out speakers for their event should secure that the individual is knowledgeable enough, has a background verification that can be related to the subject that he will preach, and has a reputation that can motivate all the people in the location.
FREE 7+ Sample Restaurant Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Restaurant Evaluation Forms in PDF
FREE 13+ Sample Workshop Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 22+ Workshop Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 17+ Workshop Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 30+ Printable Presentation Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 27+ Presentation Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 26+ Presentation Evaluation Forms in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 35+ Presentation Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 33+ Event Evaluation Forms in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 27+ Sample Event Evaluation Forms in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 30+ Event Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 37+ Presentation Evaluation Forms in PDF | Ms Word | Excel
FREE 31+ Self-Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 23+ Sample Self Evaluation Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel