Humans thrive in the certainty of a controlled environment. And before considering a certain environment as controllable, prior evaluation is done before anyone can settle it. Evaluation is a natural human tendency to establish certainty and control over almost everything. Performance evaluation is among one of those. It is through this that we get to know the certainty of ourselves more, our strengths and weaknesses, and improve ourselves for the better.
FREE 52+ Performance Evaluation Forms in PDF | Ms Word | XLS
1. Sample Performance Evaluation Form
2. Employees Performance Evaluation Form
3. Administrative Staff Performance Evaluation Form
4. New Employee Performance Evaluation Form
5. Sample Employee Performance Evaluation Form
6. Performance Evaluation Rating Form
7. Staff Performance Evaluation Form
8. Research Performance Evaluation Form
9. Research Staff Performance Evaluation Form
10. Classified Staff Performance Evaluation Form
11. Administrators Performance Evaluation Form
12. Part Time Performance Evaluation Form
13. Student Performance Evaluation Form
15. Management Performance Evaluation Form
16. Confidential Performance Evaluation Form
17. Annual Performance Evaluation Form
18. Classified Employees Performance Evaluation Form
19. Purchase Agreement Performance Evaluation Form
20. Standard Performance Evaluation Form
21. Foreign Service Performance Evaluation Form
22. Permanent Employee Performance Evaluation Form
23. Sample Student Performance Evaluation Form
24. Manager Performance Evaluation Form
25. Basic Performance Evaluation Form
26. Comprehensive Performance Evaluation Form
27. Past Performance Evaluation Form
28. Public Service Performance Evaluation Form
29. Performance Evaluation Plan Rating Form
30. Job Performance Evaluation Form
31. Simple Performance Evaluation Form
32. Performance Evaluation Report Form
33. Student Performance Evaluation Review Form
34. Sample Staff Performance Evaluation Form
35. Faculty Performance Evaluation Form
36. Exempt Staff Performance Evaluation Form
37. Supervisor Performance Evaluation Form
38. Executive Performance Evaluation Form
39. Printable Performance Evaluation Form
40. Temporary Employment Performance Evaluation Form
41. Hourly Employee Performance Evaluation Form
42. General Manager Performance Evaluation Form
43. Sample Annual Performance Evaluation Form
44. Executive Director Performance Evaluation Form
45. Management Employee Performance Evaluation Form
46. Supervisory Performance Evaluation Form
47. Internship Performance Evaluation Form
48. Educational Assistant Performance Evaluation Form
49. Annual Administrator Performance Evaluation Form
50. Formal Performance Evaluation Form
51. Non Exempt Staff Performance Evaluation Form
52. Consultant Performance Evaluation Form
53. General Performance Evaluation Form
What is a Perfomance Evaluation?
Humans have been evaluating almost everything they came in contact with. Objects, plants, animals, and things found within their immediate area are picked up and placed under the scrutinous eye of subjective analysis of its worth. And as human society started to take shape, humans themselves became under the sights of that same eye of subjectivity for the same reason as well. And like everything else in the universe, no one is spared.
Performance appraisal, otherwise known as a performance evaluation, is a process of evaluating one person’s performance in a particular field. Institutions and businesses to assess their employee’s performance periodically for a number of reasons unique to the organization itself. Career development and, sometimes, employee retention are among the few reasons why employees go through a performance evaluation.
Performance Evaluation and Improvement
Performance evaluation, although being highly disliked by employees in a company, is an integral part of human resource management. The good reason behind that, they say, is that it helps in an employee’s career development. Career development, as per definition, is the lifelong process of balancing work and leisure to achieve preferred future goals. And as for how career development is done, here’s how:
- Fortification of Strengths: Talents and skills are natural strengths that make every one of us unique. If left idle and unused, however, it will eventually decay and disappear forever. Companies hire employees for one reason, and that is because their strengths match what the company is looking for. And companies left, and right will do everything in their power to keep those strengths, stronger for the benefit of the company itself. Periodic performance assessments, coaching, learning sessions are some of the steps that develop an even stronger human asset.
- Strengthening Weakness: Humans, like everything else, is also prone to imperfections and weaknesses. Employers of today’s generation recognize these innate faults that every one of us naturally possesses. And because of that, employers on their part would do everything in their capacity to turn these weaknesses into strengths and advantages. Performance evaluations and others like it are used as detection devices to identify them as weaknesses don’t usually show up in perfectly normal situations.
Why Do We Need Our Performance Evaluated?
Knowing ourselves allows us to mitigate our inherent weaknesses, at the same time improve areas where we’re already good at. To do that, we often need help from someone else to tell the truths about ourselves. Truths that are often overshadowed by how we see ourselves, according to ourselves—pride and ego. Performance evaluation allows the person being evaluated to see the true portrait about themselves.
Employers, coaches, and teachers often evaluate the people under them constantly from time to time. As mentioned above, they evaluate their people’s performance to help them realize the truths about themselves—opposingly from how their people often see themselves. And from this point, it enables both of them to work on formulating an action plan and improve their future performance.
Chinese Parliament: Evaluation Through Self-Criticism
Self-criticism has always been viewed as something bad that negatively affects our self-esteem. Among the popular argument against this form of self-evaluation is that it injects the poison of self-pity in our brains. In some points of our history, the act of self-criticism is even politicized and used as a tool for forcing political enemies into self-humiliation—self-criticism during the Cultural Revolution. However, that is always not always the case, if done right and in moderation.
Self-criticism done right is systematically reviewing your performance for the day in a very objective manner. By removing any subjective thoughts while pondering if what you did for the day was wrong or right, a comprehensive and doable improvement plan will be within arms reach. And as opposed to the negative arguments about the act, self-criticism will pave a way for a better version of yourself and boost your self-esteem.
How to Conduct a Performance Evaluation
Companies and organizations evaluate their employees from time to time. This is so to determine their employees’ performance over the year or lesser than that. During a performance evaluation, the person-in-charge with the task will often have an evaluation form on hand. A form that contains all the metrics and criteria—the judge and jury—that determines the employee’s overall performance. And depending on the result, the employee might be recommended to undergo a performance improvement session or be awarded for a job well done. To get started with conducting a performance evaluation, here are the ways on how it’s done.
Step 1. Consult Prior Performance Evaluation Forms
Performance evaluations are done periodically as mentioned above. And others like them are more likely to have been done in the past before you did. Being charged with such an important task, it is important to consult the works of previous evaluators before you. Past performance reports contain all the information that will help you with all that you need to write a performance report for the period like figures and numbers.
Step 2. Get a Performance Evaluation Sheet or Form
Performance evaluations are not complete without a proper tool for such a purpose. Other than a pen, having a performance evaluation form will help you get the job done. Performance evaluation forms are where you write your observations on. It contains all the criteria to help you determine a person’s performance. Aside from that, it is either in a checklist or questionnaire format as well.
You may get your hands on these forms at the file cabinet inside your office or in a drawer under your desk. Performance evaluations have been made before you did, as mentioned in the first step. And, getting a form for the task would hardly go amiss.
But sometimes, misfortune would always find its way despite all the means to avert it. And sometimes, for this purpose, getting your hands on an evaluation form is not within an easy reach. There are three possible reasons behind this misfortune: firstly, your office ran out of forms. second, no one even cared to replace them. and finally, is that they are grossly outdated, and, you need to create new ones by yourself. To accomplish this real quick, all you need to do is browse in a list of performance evaluation samples inside this article.
Step 3. Conduct the Evaluation With the Use of Other Forms
Once you got hold of a performance evaluation form, beginning the evaluation should now take place. For you do that, simply consult the employee performance chart. Employee performance charts are charts that record and report an employee’s performance on a daily basis. What this does, is that it allows you to easily fill in the spaces on the evaluation form using the information inside it. For the same reason, handing out an interview form to each employee will do the job as well.
Step 4. Write a Performance Report
After completing all the previous steps above, and successfully conducting the interview, all that’s left to do is write a report. For this purpose, writing a performance report will perfectly fit the process of the evaluation task the higher-ups have given you. Performance reports, like other reports, are detailed and unbiased records of observations and data related to an employee’s performance. So it is important to spare no quarter nor shy away in laying all the relevant details, information, and figures about the task. And, make sure that you write them briefly, concisely, yet comprehensively as possible as you can.
Evaluating one’s performance is important in every facet of society. Not only does it affirms its individual member’s place in the society but it also affirms their self-worth, as well. Aside from that, having our performance evaluated to allow us to improve what we are already good at into something even better. Likewise, it also allows us to work on our weaknesses and use them to our advantage. Yet, despite the negative arguments that performance evaluations have, the number of benefits and advantages greatly outnumber them. All in all, performance evaluation not enables us to create a better version of ourselves from time to time, but also, allows society to become better as well.
FREE 8+ Sample Nurse Evaluation Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 8+ Kitchen Evaluation Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 12+ Sample Performance Appraisal Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 5+ Recruiter Performance Review Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Employee Evaluation Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 35+ Printable Employee Evaluation Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 36+ Employee Evaluation Forms in PDF
FREE 8+ Employee Evaluation Form Samples in WORD PDF
FREE 27+ Teacher Evaluation Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 5+ Varieties of Sports Evaluation Forms in PDF
FREE 8+ Performance Review Samples in PDF MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Appraisal Evaluation Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 30+ Employee Evaluation Forms in PDF
FREE 9+ Job Evaluation Forms in PDF
FREE 5+ General Manager Evaluation Forms in PDF