One of the basic notarial duties of a notary public is signing acknowledgments. The notaries are also called to sign oaths and serve as legal witnesses for an agreement or a contract. Moreover, the document to use for this purpose is the notary acknowledgment form.
What Is a Notary Acknowledgment Form?
A notary acknowledgment form is a document that notary publics will sign with an affiant who wants to prove and declare his identity. If the acknowledgment is for a contract agreement, then the notary public will have to check the contract before the notarization. This allows the notary public to check the validity of the document to execute. Yet, it is not necessary for all cases and situations. Some notary publics prefer to acknowledge only the identity of the involved parties and not the contents of the contracts.
List of Notary Acknowledgment Forms
All Capacity Notary Acknowledgment Form
Authorized Agent Notary Public Acknowledgment Form
Basic Notary Acknowledgment Form
Employment Verification Notary Acknowledgment Form
Fillable Notary Acknowledgment Form
Notary Acknowledgment Certificate Form
State Employee Notary Acknowledgment Form
Taxpayer Notary Acknowledgment Form
Types of Notary Acknowledgment Forms
The different types of notary acknowledgment forms below vary on the contents of the form. The type of affiant whom the notary public will acknowledge will also be a variable to consider for the form’s variation:
1. All Capacity Notary Acknowledgment Form: Notary publics who will acknowledge only an affiant’s identity will have to use this type of form. In this form, a note indicating that the notary will only verify and acknowledge the affiant’s identity. Meaning, any documents attached to the acknowledgment form is not included as part of the notary’s acknowledgment. The name of the State and County where the form is being used is in the form. Also, the date of the creation of the acknowledgment form, the name of the notary public and the affiant, and the signature of the notary will be some of the details disclosed in the form as well.
2. Authorized Agent Notary Public Acknowledgment Form: Companies and organizations who allow their employees to have authorized agents to work or process documents and actions on their behalf must have this type of form onhand. The main aim of using an authorized agent notary public acknowledgment form is to prove that an individual’s granted authorization by the company’s employee and that the notary public has verified the individual’s identity. Furthermore, both the agent and the notary public will need to state their names, addresses, and signatures on the form.
3. Employment Verification Notary Acknowledgment Form: One of the supplementary documents an individual must submit along with a filled-out employment verification form is a notary acknowledgment form. This is for proving that the employee is the one who is being verified and certified by the State. At the bottom part of the form, there is a statement indicating that the acknowledgment form is only prepared to go with the document attached to it. Moreover, the employee should submit both documents required by the company for the verification.
4. Fillable Notary Acknowledgment Form: If a notary public prefers to input data into an electronic form and have it printed out for him to affix his signature and seal, then a fillable notary acknowledgment form will be the right type of document to use. With this form, the notary public can click on each data entry field to fill it in with texts and information such as the name of the individual he will acknowledge, the descriptions of the document that he verified, and his name and commission expiration date.
5. State Employee Notary Acknowledgment Form: In this acknowledgment form, the notary public will serve as the witness of the employee’s acknowledgment. Specifically, the acknowledgment form is to document the employee’s awareness and affirmation towards the liabilities and responsibilities he must fulfill in regards to his involved case or lawsuit with the company.
6. Taxpayer Notary Acknowledgment Form: All three categories of taxpayers can use this type of acknowledgment form, either a taxpaying individual, a co-partnership firm or a corporate company. If the taxpayer notary acknowledgment form is for an individual, then the details the notary public must state in the form would include his identification and phone number, State and County names, the notarization date, name of the individual, and his signature. And when notarizing for co-partnership firms, the notary must state the name of the firm and the documents attached in the form, while the address of the corporate company is to state for the acknowledgment forms intended for taxpaying companies.
How to Use Our Notary Acknowledgment Form Templates
Our notary acknowledgment form templates are free to use, downloadable, and easy to use. The first step is to determine which among the templates meet the document requirements of the State or County where the form will be of use. The layout, format, and the sizes of each template will be the considerations to choose from. Downloading the chosen template will be the next step by clicking the blue “Download” button below the description or details section of the template. Extracting the template from its ZIP or compressed file will be necessary after downloading it. Customizing or editing the template’s contents will be the last step. The contents and its entry fields should only collect and present relevant information to the notary public and the intended users of the form.
Updating and reviewing the template will help the notary public and the other users of the template to ensure that it will remain to meet the State’s legal requirements and the preferences of the notary public. Also, converting the template into other formats will be beneficial for all users. The file formats to consider would include DOC for printed form templates and XLS for utilizing rows and columns.
To conclude, notary acknowledgment forms are important as well as the templates used for faster acknowledgment procedures. But, notary publics and authorized officers should only be the ones who will use the forms for it to be valid and accepted by the State.
FREE 4+ Landlord Background Check Sample Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Credit Report Authorization Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Release of Personal Guarantee Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ USDA Financing Addendum Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Business Credit Check Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Estoppel Certificate Addendum Sample Forms in PDF
FREE 2+ FHA/VA Financing Addendum Sample Forms in PDF
FREE 2+ Escrow Holdback Agreement Addendum Sample Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Receipt of Agreement Forms in PDF
FREE 2+ Conventional Financing Addendum Sample Forms in PDF
FREE 2+ Bedbug Disclosure Forms in PDF
FREE 2+ Verbal Agreement Forms in PDF
FREE 4+ Swimming Pool Lease Addendum Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Pool & Spa Lease Addendum Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Residential Lease Addendum Forms in PDF | MS Word