In such cases wherein you have enough information to elucidate or prove formal and explicit facts or statements, the appropriate form that you could utilize is a legal declaration form. A legal declaration is referred to a written statement that could be pertained to as a proposition, recommendation, or suggestion about some subject matter. Similar to a sworn statement, all information should be declared and guaranteed to be true, correct, and accurate to the best knowledge of the person writing the declaration, also known as the declarant. Otherwise, he or she will be subject to some certain penalties at the court.
A legal declaration is often utilized in the events of some hearings. Thus, it is used as a tool in order for the judge or a public official to decide on what happens next in the hearing. For this reason, it is compulsory that the declarant swears under the penalty of perjury under the laws of the state that all statements found in the form are undeniably true. Yet, there are various of situations where you could make use of declaration forms. As you go further, there are few downloadable forms that you could refer to. Moreover, there are also some basic tips on how you could compose or write, and utilize the different legal forms for declarations. Take time as you go over each of these.
Sample for Legal Declaration Form
Interactive Legal Declaration Form
When Are Legal Declarations Utilized?
Legal declarations are either utilized when you are to declare some important matter in the court, or when you are to reply to the motion or formal proposal which is put to a legislature. In other words, it is either you are writing a declaration as a petitioner or as a respondent. An example of an event where legal declarations are often utilized is when a couple has decided to have a divorce. In this case, either of the two is to start the case report against the other. For instance, the petitioner or plaintiff in this situation is the husband; the wife, on the other hand, is the respondent or defendant. The legal declaration is necessary in order for the judge to have a knowledge and better understanding of why the man is divorcing the woman. Therefore, all the facts and information that would justify the reason/s for such divorce application are to be declared in the form.
Another example of when you should utilize a legal declaration form is when you are swearing on something. For instance, a friend of yours has been charged with the case of theft. Hence, he is referred to as the defendant. And you, having the full knowledge of what occurred, are referred to as a witness. In the declaration form, you are to write the series of events that you find helpful in solving the case. Even though the plaintiff is said to be a close friend of yours, you have to swear that all information you provide is nothing but the truth. Otherwise, you will be given some penalties that correspond to your deceitful act. In such cases during a trial or proceedings, the witnesses are not permitted to use legal declarations. This is for the reason that public officials do not consider declarations as evidence for this matter. Therefore, witnesses are required to be in person during the trials. Further below are few guidelines on how you could write a declaration for some important matter. You may also see sample legal release forms
Another example is when you are traveling to another country. Together with you are some goods or products that you are importing. As you enter the country’s borders, you are required to fill out an import form that is often utilized to declare what are the goods or products you have with you. The reason why this is mandatory is to ensure that the country you travel to is safe from what you bring along with you. Another reason is that some countries have limits, also known as import quotas. Moreover, there might be some goods that are banned for entry in some countries. In this situation, the appropriate form to use is the custom declaration form.
Legal declarations are used for different purposes. May it be for declaring facts and information to defend or accuse someone, to prove what it is you have with you, to certify that you have been a member or part of the organization, so on and so forth. Despite of all the different purposes, these declaration forms are used for you to proclaim or announce officially or publicly the truth. Nevertheless, take time as you refer to the following forms found in this article to have further comprehension with regards to the different legal declaration forms. You may also like sample employee declaration forms
How to Write a Legal Declaration
When you write a legal declaration, there are a few things that you should remember. Refer to the following below in order to be guided by these few tips.
1. Be sure to state your side of the story and not somebody else’s. By doing this, you are able to cite more information with what you have perceived during the circumstances. You may also see free legal form samples
2. Use concise explanations. By means of this, there will be fewer interrogations with regards to the situation, thus, making your declarations comprehensible to all. You may also like sample legal will forms
3. Provide dominant pieces of information. Thus, ensuring that all information is exactly what everybody needs to know.
4. Choose one or two witnesses. You do not need a lot of them when they all have the same things to say. Therefore, choose at least one for their witness’s statement or declaration.
5. Ensure that you follow the format prescribed by the officials in the court. This includes the margin and the necessary information that should be included or indicated on the form.
6.The caption of your declaration should include the name of the court, the case title or name, and the case number. You may also check out legal application form
The most important thing that you should always keep in mind is to make sure that all details or information that you write are fact-based and are verifiable.
Family Law Declaration Form
Guardian Declaration Form
Nominee Declaration Form
Company Declaration Form
Applicant Declaration Form Sample
Customer Declaration Form for Legal Entity
The Inclusions of the Legal Declaration Form
In writing legal declarations, you have to know what are the essential information that are to be written in the form. Therefore, refer to the following below for the general information that are often included.
- The city and law state or country
- The declaration case number
- The date of when declaration has been made
- The name, age, and contact information of the petitioner/s or the plaintiff/s
- The name, age, and contact information of the respondent/s or the defendant/s
- The declaration name or title (if applicable)
- The number of pages attached to the declaration form
- The specifications of the petitioner’s or respondent’s declaration
- The printed name and affixed signature of the declarant
- The attached documents, also known as exhibits that are used as written proofs
These are the basic or general information that are often found in a general legal declaration form. Though, legal declaration forms vary on what each of these pertains to. Refer to the sample forms that are provided in this article to have more information with regards to what the different kinds of declaration contain.
Sample for Statutory Declaration Form
Statutory Declaration of Legal Marriage
Statutory Declaration of a Member
Witness’s Statutory Declaration Form
Tips and Guidelines for Legal Declaration Forms
In order to ensure that you write a formal and legal declaration form, consider the following basic tips and guidelines, as listed below:
1. Few attachments of some confidential documents or exhibits must be sealed in order to retain its confidentiality. Few of these are those pertaining to financial, medical, confidential reports, etc.
2. Fill out the provided ample spaces for the information that are expected or required to be written in the form.
3. Indicate the pages that are attached to the declaration if necessary. This is due to the fact that page limits sometimes may apply depending on the format prescribed by the court officials.
4. The declaration should be written concisely or briefly. Therefore, make sure that you only indicate those important or main points. You may also see sample legal statement forms
5. All information written in the declaration form should be based on the individual’s opinions and insights. Nevertheless, these should not be coming from somebody else’s statements.
6. Make sure that your writings are comprehensible by means of writing legibly in the form.
7. It is mandatory that you state your connection, relation, or role in the situation that you are declaring.
8. Make a draft first of your declaration. This is in order for you to organize all your insights and opinions before finalizing the information with the use of the declaration form. You may also like sample legal complaint forms
9. See to it that all information you input or write in the form is true, correct, and complete.
Go over these few basic tips in order to be guided when utilizing legal declaration forms. You may also check out legal consent forms
Cash Declaration Form Sample
Assessment Declaration for Individuals
Licensing Declaration Form
Summing it all up, these declaration forms should be utilized with the full knowledge and full awareness of the declarant that he or she may be indicted or prosecuted for perjury if all or some of the information that he or she provided in the form are said to be false or untruthful. Nevertheless, each individual must comprehend that they are making a simple sworn statement “under penalty of perjury.” Therefore, legal actions must be made by the authorities if individuals have been found guilty.
7+ Sample Will Forms
6+ Sample Last Will and Testament Forms
6+ Legal Affidavit Forms
35+ Power of Attorney Forms in PDF
24+ Liability Forms in PDF
20+ Sample Affidavit Forms in Doc
11+ Sample Independent Contractor Agreement forms
10+ Sample Legal Forms
9+ Sample Quitclaim Deed Forms
8+ Correction Affidavit Form
7+ Sample Business Declaration Forms
7+ Sample Party Wall Agreement Forms
7+ Sample Commercial Invoice Forms
7+ Sample Will Form
7+ Sample Personal Affidavit Forms