There are such cases wherein you would want to be heard, make suggestions, and ensure that you make the right decisions. Yet, sometimes, you feel like you do not have the power of authority to make a difference, to find justice, and do what is right. A resolution for this is to seek or ask for some help from those people who have the authority to grant what you need. Therefore, in order to be heard, you will be required to write a petition with regards to your requests or appeals. This is in simple order for the authorities or public officials to know all the necessary information that are needed to undertake and complete your petition. Nevertheless, you have to know what petition forms should be composed of.
Sample Legal Petition Form
Legal General Petition Form
Basic Legal Petition Form
What Are Legal Petitions?
Legal petitions are often used by an individual or a group making a formal written request for the authority to make an order or command in response to a particular matter. These requests could either be to grant relief, favors, or privileges. Further purposes of why legal petitions are necessarily utilized are due to the following:
- To change or modify a legal information form
- To grant the request for justice of the petitioner or the plaintiff
- To submit a petition from a group nominating a candidate
- To submit a petition from students requesting for some course actions to be made in their curriculum
- To settle a dispute or argument between two or more parties
- To undertake effective and legal resolutions that are not against the law
- To ensure that either or both parents sustain the child support agreement or the maintenance of their child/ren
- To make a few considerations with regards to some important matter such as writing a petition to postpone a hearing or trial
- To promote the safety and security of a person threatened under protective orders or custody agreement
Legal petitions are basically utilized in order for the court to be informed of the individuals’ requests. And in order to ensure that appropriate responses are given to the individual. As you go further, the following purposes that are listed above are explained briefly along with few samples of different petition forms that are provided for you in this article. You may also see sample legal will forms
Legal Petition for Legal Information Change
Legal Petition for Name Change Form
Legal Petition for Modification Form
There are some circumstances wherein an individual’s information and records are either duplicated, incorrect, or changed. And in order to make the necessary changes, there must be a formal petition to be made in order to resolve this matter. The best form that should be used in this case is a legal petition for modification. You may also like sample legal release forms
The legal petition for modification form is basically utilized to ensure that all the information in the personnel file of the individual is up to date and correct. In addition, the certain information subject for modification is identified by allowing the individual to input the current information subject to be changed. Followed by the correct or updated information. The reasons why changes are necessary to be made should be specified in the form in order for the officials to justify these. Moreover, the petitioner should be able to verify that he or she has all the legal documentations that are needed to support the change request form of the specified information. Thus, this is made by affixing the individual’s signature on the form.
Legal Petition for Academic/Education
Sample for Academic Petition Form
General Education Petition Form
This sample for academic petition form is often utilized when there are some missing requirements or credited courses in the curriculum of the student. In the form, the following details should be specified:
- the course details and information
- when and where the course/s are taken or should be taken
- the reason for the request or petition be made
- the signature of the submitting student
For the respondents of this petition, they are to indicate the action taken whether the request is approved or denied. The action taken is justified by indicating the reasons behind this decision.
How to Write a Petition?
Writing a petition is somehow similar to when you are writing a legal declaration. This is for the reason that the statements are mandatory to be valid, and proven to be true. Otherwise, penalties will be given accordingly. The thing that makes it different is that a petition is a formal requisition form, while a declaration is informational. For more information, you may refer to the legal declaration forms. Going further, refer to the following below for few basic tips on how to write a petition and what are the things that you should take note of.
1. Make sure that you have analyzed and researched well for your petition, particularly the arguments that are most likely to arise and be tackled.
2. Identify your addressee and know to whom should you submit or send your petition or request. This should be the ones who will implement or execute the petition.
3. Specify all your brief and concise personal statements in detail, and explain the reasons why the petition or requests are necessary.
4. Make sure that you have all the resources and the references that you will be needing. In this way, you will be able to prove that all your general statements are true, correct, and are based on the facts.
5. Do not forget to review your petitions for any grammatical errors.
6. State some facts with regards to what needs be accomplished when your petition/s have been approved or granted.
7. Give the public officials or the authorities various of alternate options on how they are to contribute or support your objectives and goals.
8. Ensure that all the signatures from the people (such as the public officials and the other petitioners) who are involved in this case report are affixed in the form.
9. Make sure to communicate or build a strong connection with the other petitioners.
These statements listed above will be able to help you on how you could compose or write your own petition. In order to complete this form, there are some few information that you need to include in the form. Refer below to know what information composes the legal petition form. You may also see legal application form
Legal Petition for Peace/Protective Orders
Legal Petition for Protective Orders
Legal Petition for Peace Order Form
The sample form for the legal petition for peace or protective order above is often used for making a serious accusation against another person. These accusations should be proven to be true in the court. And that filing this form should be made in the presence of an attorney. Technically, the essential information that should be found in the form are the following:
- The personal information of the petitioner
- The personal information of the protected person (if different from the petitioner)
- The personal information of the respondent
- The defendant’s relationship to the petitioner and the protected person
- The reasons or events why accusations are made against the defendant
- The brief description of the happenings/s or incident reports that would explain further the reasons for such accusations
- The requests of the petitioner that should be taken into action or the requested protective orders
These are few of the basic and important information that are usually found in the form. Thus, the petition is thoroughly reviewed or assessed by the court in order to gather more information to verify the alleged accusations. If in case that the proofs or pieces of evidence are weak or not convincing, the petition for the protective order will be dismissed, rejected, or denied. If the accusations are proven to be wrong or make believes, certain legal actions will be made in response to this. The petition form is completed when the petitioner certifies that he or she has read and has understood the foregoing statements that are indicated on the form. For more information, you may download the form provided for you above to see the full document. You may also like sample legal statement forms
The Inclusions of a Legal Petition Form
Legal petitions do not necessarily need to have or be written with lots of details in it. Though you are to write the statements specifically, you just need to make sure that it is concisely written. By means of this, only those essential or relevant information should be found in the form. Nevertheless, referring to the following list below will serve as your guide to help you identify what you should include. You may also check out sample legal complaint forms
- The personal information of the individual petitioner/s
- The personal information of the respondent/s
- The title or name of the petition
- The specification of the request/s or petition
- The purposes or reasons for making the petition or request
- The statements that would explain briefly the reasons and purposes for making the petition
- The attachments of some documents that are considered as proofs or pieces of evidence
- The printed name and the affixed signature of the petitioner
The names and/or the signatures of the other petitioners should also be included in the form. This is to ensure that they all agree and share the same purposes or goals for writing a petition. Moreover, the authorities responding or the respondents of the petition may indicate in the form whether the petition is granted, granted with conditions, or not granted. The reasons and/or remarks should be able to justify the petition status. In addition, the date of when the petition has been reviewed and approved, together with the signature of the official who decided on this matter, should be indicated on the form. You may also see legal consent forms
Legal Petition for Eviction from Residential
This sample form provided above is an example of a petition form that is often utilized in order for the landlord to file a petition to evict a tenancy of the person due to a variety of reasons. Few of these are as follows:
- The tenant has failed to pay the rent.
- There was a violation of lease committed by the tenant.
- The tenant retained the possession of the property even if the contract for property agreement has been terminated.
Upon the submission of this petition form, the court will be able to decide on what actions should be taken in response to this. Yet, all the necessary information should be provided in the form such as the following:
- The information of the tenant/s or defendant/s
- The information of the plaintiff
- The reason/s behind the eviction request
- The specifications or brief details of the reasons for eviction
Legal Petition to Set Aside Criminal Conviction
This sample for the petition to set aside a criminal conviction is designed for those people who were subjected to some accusations. In this case, they are referred as defendants. By referring to the form, the defendant states the file/s that is/are filed against him or her. He or she also specifies that the probation and payment for all fines and costs are successfully completed. Further information included in the form are as follows:
- The court name, state, and country
- The case name and number
- The name of the plaintiff and the defendant
- The conviction details or information such as the case file or charges, the exact date, and the term of the sentence made
- The past conviction information
- The reasons for the request to set aside the conviction
- The affixed signature of the defendant, together with the date of when the form is signed
This petition is subject to a thorough assessment by the court in order to verify and justify the reasons why such request should be granted.
You may also see sample deed forms
Legal Petition for Child Support
Marriage/Domestic Partnership Petition Form
Legal Petition to Establish Child Support
The sample forms above are with regards to making a specific petition for married people, as well as the child support or maintenance. The petition for marriage could either be pertained to the dissolution or divorce, legal separation, or annulment. In the form, the following information must be sought:
- The legal relationship between the couple
- The personal information of both with the residence requirements and statistical facts
- The list of names, gender, and date of birth of their minor children
- The specifications of the petitioner’s requests for the legal grounds, the child custody and visitation, the child and spousal support.
- The specification of the separation of properties, as stated in the property agreement
- The other requests of the petitioner
Technically, this petition is utilized to divide the obligations and responsibilities of both the parents of the minor children. Therefore, all the information that are provided in the form should be declared to be true and correct under penalty of perjury. In addition, the signature and date signed should be on the form. You may also like legal affidavit forms
Basic Tips and Guide for Legal Petition Forms
For a more effective writing for legal petitions, below are few of the basic tips and guidelines that you could take note of.
- See to it that you have the full knowledge and awareness of what you are petitioning about.
- Instructions should be followed strictly in order to avoid any delays in processing your petition form.
- Make sure that all the pertinent or apposite facts that support your petition are indicated.
- Ensure that the title of your petition is able to identify what your petition is all about.
- Make sure that all the statements are written concisely.
- Your petition form should be submitted to the people who have the authority to have access to your petition.
- Take note of the basic tips on how to write a petition.
You may also check out legal complaint form samples
Other Samples for Legal Petition Form
Legal Petition for Mental Health Treatment
Legal Petition of Qualified Voters
Technically, these petitions are essentially composed of the description of the situation, the proposition, suggestion, or recommendation of what should be accomplished, the convincing justifiable reasons of why such suggestions are necessary, and the specifications of the desired results and accomplishments when the petitions are approved.
You may also like our related articles restaurant legal forms & legal release form samples
FREE 10+ Car Sale Forms in PDF
FREE 3+ Acknowledgment of Paternity Forms in PDF
FREE 11+ License Agreement Short Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Trademark Assignment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Trademark Assignment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Trademark License Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Legal Waiver Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Articles of Association Long Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Movable Hypothec Long Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Limited Partnership Agreement Long Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Letters of Resignation in PDF | MS Word
12+ Letter of Application Form
FREE 10+ Character Reference Letter
FREE 13+ Sample Authorization Letter
FREE 13+ Sample Student Assessment Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel