License agreement short forms are summarized and shortened versions of standard license agreements. Although this legal form can be created using only a single sheet of blank document, it is effective for laying out the terms, considerations, and conditions for the involved parties. However, just like a standard license agreement, the shortened form must be reviewed and agreed by both parties and not only by the licensor who is the holder of the license certificate. Nevertheless, it is important to also acknowledge the rules, regulations, and laws governing the agreement in a particular State or country.
Exclusive License Agreement Form
Non Exclusive Patent License Agreement
Sample Software License Agreement
Varieties of License Agreement Short Forms
Cutting down statements and some portions of a basic license agreement form can be easily done especially with the guidance and knowledge of a legal attorney. Moreover, below are some of the license agreement short forms that licensors and licensees can use:
Copyright License Agreement Short Form – This variety of a license agreement short form contains three pages. Primarily, this variety is essential to be used for licensing publications of different sorts ranging from books to computer software applications. In a copyright license agreement short form, the involved parties will be able to define their individual roles and obligations in protecting the material from being used without the legal permission of the owner. Also, the description of the material or work which will be protected by the copyright law and agreement is necessary to be included in the form. Furthermore, the author, the licensee, and an authorized officer who will be recording the copyright agreement of the parties involved must affix their signatures on the form along with the date of when the agreement was finalized and distributed.
Copyright License Agreement Short Form
Conduit License Agreement
Artist Licensing Agreement Form
Non-Exclusive Trademark License Agreement Short Form – If the purpose of a license holder is to permit a protect his created logo, symbols, and other signs related to his business or owned by him, he can use a non-exclusive trademark license agreement short form. This document will collect the general information of the involved parties such as the names of the licensor and the licensee along with their individual addresses. The effective date of when the license protection or the agreement will be executed is also stated in the form. Other factors which are also included in the form are the payments and fees that the licensee have agreed to pay and the license applications which will be protected by the agreement.
Non-Exclusive Trademark License Agreement Short Form
Revocable License Agreement
Patent License Agreement Short Form – For those who have invented machines and other mechanical matters which can be used for the benefit of a population, a patent protection is important to be obtained. For this, a patent license agreement short form must be used by the patent-holder or the inventor. This shortened agreement will be able to protect his invention from being used by anyone who is not legally permitted by him. In the agreement form, the patent-holder can define his exclusions and his considerations along with a few exhibits which will be for describing the type of invention as the patent subject. Details regarding the patent’s serial number, copyright registration number, and even a disclosure report are included in the form.
Patent License Agreement Short Form
Digital Art Licence Agreement
Trademark License Agreement Form – Compared to the aforementioned non-exclusive trademark license agreement form, this type of license agreement will no longer allow the license holder to distribute his trademark to other parties and entities. This means that when a party obtains the trademark license, he is allowed to exclusively use the trademarked properties by himself and without the fear of having other organizations use the properties, logos, and names that he currently has.
Trademark License Agreement Form
Significant Contents of License Agreement Short Forms
Regardless of the type or variety of license agreement short form, there are important aspects and contents which should be incorporated for any variety. The following contents are some examples of what needs to be considered to include by license holders in their agreement short forms:
- Exclusivity – This refers to whether the license holder will distribute his license to the party with exclusive or non-exclusive rights. Distributing with exclusive rights will allow the other party or the licensee to use the licensed products fully. On the other hand, distributing the license with non-exclusive rights will open opportunities for other parties to have and use the licensed products even when a party already holds the license or have signed the agreement.
- Territory and use – Where a party or a co-license holder can distribute and use the licensed products must be defined in this section or content of the agreement form. In the event that the original or the owner of the licensed product will limit the territories of distribution, he must indicate a list of places, countries, and even the zones where his products are allowed to be used legally by the licensee.
- Confidentiality – A section which focuses on confidentiality agreement should be included in the shortened form. By incorporating terms and conditions of confidentiality, all parties will be able to acknowledge what specific aspects and inclusions or discussions in the form are not permitted to be disclosed to other entities who are not involved in the contract agreement. Indicating which matters are deemed confidential will also protect the details and descriptions of the licensed product to ensure that opposing companies, organizations, and entities will not benefit from the product’s details and will create a material which has the same aspects and factors to the licensed product or invention.
- Termination and contract period – Every agreement has an end which is why stating a termination clause is significant in a license agreement short form. The termination clause will ensure that the parties involved will know what actions and incidents will lead to the termination of the agreement. Additionally, the time frame of when the terms and conditions of the agreement will be executed should also be indicated on the form to determine the number of years or the period when the agreement or contract will be closed.
- Payment – Licensees are not only required to pay for purchasing a license certificate from the license holder but also for the attorney’s fees and other miscellaneous payments which are necessary for completing the agreement and executing its terms and conditions. The payments should be enlisted on the form with the individual obligations of the licensee and the licensor.
Standard Patent License Agreement Form
Tips to Create an Effective License Agreement Short Form
When creating a license agreement short form, there are specific tips and tricks to keep in mind in order to ensure that the created document will be effective and beneficial, not only for the licensor but for the licensee as well. Below are the tips that licensing parties must take note when finalizing any type of shortened license agreement form:
Keeping contents concise
License agreements are considered as legal forms since it deals and focuses on protecting a material, invention, product, and the ownership rights of the license holder. And since the document to be created by the involved licensing parties are to be shortened, keeping discussions concise and direct to the point will contribute to an efficient summary of the agreement. Also, the definitions of each word and phrase used in the form which may have two meanings should be indicated in the form. This helps in assuring that both parties have a universal understanding of the statements in the form.
Negotiate with the other parties
The making of a license agreement short form must not only be assigned to one party but should also involve the ideas and concerns of the other parties who will be signing the form as well. With this, all parties must meet, negotiate, construct, review, and finalize the form. A legal attorney and a notary public can also help the parties towards achieving a sustainable and profitable agreement for using the licensed products and rights.
Anticipate unexpected incidents
This refers to the “what-ifs” of an agreement. By determining circumstances which can lead to the failure or even the difficulty of executing the agreement, the parties will be able to address immediate resolutions to ensure that the agreement will remain to be mandated.
Know the legal requirements
Every State and country will have different documentation requirements and regulations when it comes to transferring and licensing products. For this, all involved parties should be knowledgeable about the rules of a State along with the specific forms, exhibits, and inclusions to be attached in the agreement before it will be executed. Examples of document requirements are current license certificate forms of the licensor, records of distribution, and even registration forms which should be up to date.
Once the agreement is finalized by the parties involved, a notary public should be hired by the licensor to incorporate a notary stamp or seal in the license agreement short form. The seal is a certification and a validation that the signed agreement of the licensor and the licensee are legal and binding. Moreover, the notary public also has an important role in recording the agreement of the involved parties in the records of the State.
FREE 3+ Acknowledgment of Paternity Forms in PDF
FREE 10+ Trademark Assignment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Legal Ownership Forms in PDF
FREE 14+ Trademark Assignment Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Legal Petition Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Trademark License Agreement Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Legal Declaration Forms in PDF | Word
FREE 14+ Legal Waiver Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Articles of Association Long Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Movable Hypothec Long Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Partnership Agreement Short Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Limited Partnership Agreement Long Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Boat Bill of Sale Forms in PDF | Ms Word
FREE 50+ Tenancy Application Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 50+ Property Forms in PDF | MS Word | MS Excel