Patents are licenses given to an inventor to acknowledge his exclusive rights over his invention for a certain period of time. The invention should be related to technological solutions; it can either be a product or a process. Since this is a license, all the decisions involving the patent-holder and another party must go through an agreement.
Trade secrets may also be held under a patent license even though these are not physical ideas. Due to their importance in being confidential, however, the patent-holder should file a Patent Agreement of Non-Disclosure Form. To view more samples of Patent Agreement Forms, browse through our site and download our templates.
Patent License Agreement Form
Patent Assignment Agreement Form
Patent Non Disclosure Agreement Form
Patent Sale Agreement Form
Patent Purchase Agreement Form
When to Use Patent Agreement Forms
Transferring a license is not the only use of a Patent Agreement Form. We have here a list of situations in which an agreement is required:
- When an idea is shared. This refers to a trade secret and some verbal information. When an individual contributes his ideas to a company and they intend to use it, he should make a Patent Non-Disclosure Agreement Form. In this way, he is assured that only the company, unless through his own decision, will have the rights in using his knowledge to the company’s advantage.
- When the patent rights are sold. A Patent Sale Agreement Form is needed to enable the patent-holder to sell his patent rights to a new owner. The form should indicate that only a number of rights are to be given to the buyer, which will exclude granting the invention’s title under the buyer’s name.
- When another owner is assigned. The patent-holder may assign another owner to share his obligations and rights without the need to leave his own responsibility for his patented invention.
- When someone wants to use the invention. This includes making, using, selling, and importing the product or process. The patent-holder will still own his invention with all his rights still intact and unharmed by any other party.
You may also view our samples for Business Purchase Agreements.
Patent Confidentiality Agreement Form
Patent Agreement Form in PDF
Patent Agreement Form Example
Patent Agreement Form in Word Format
Quick Tips for Crafting a Patent Agreement Form
- Know the type of agreement. The form should indicate what type of agreement you are entering into with your client. Choose from our sample forms which of them will suit your needs.
- Think of the clauses. This is to clearly define the intent, duties, and the benefits that the two parties will gain under the agreement’s terms.
- State the percentage. You, as the patent-holder, and the other party should agree on the percentage of sales of your patented invention. Both parties should think of the overall worth of the product and all other aspects in selling it to the industry.
- License Period. The duration of months and years for the agreement should state the exact end date. Think of the market-life of your product, if it can attract customers and can stay on the shelf for a year or two.
Though selling your patented inventions may be associated with a business, you are required to use agreement forms specifically made for patents. Unless you are in a company and would want to use a Business Agreement Form, then we are assuring you that you are granted efficiency when you download our sample forms. Just click on the links and choose your format.
6+ Prenuptial Agreement Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
Sample Loan Agreement Form - 12+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
10+ Security Agreement Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
9+ Rental Agreement Form Samples
Sample Examination Forms - 12+ Free Documents in PDF
Mutual Non Disclosure Agreement - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
7+ Sample Contractor Bid Forms
8+ Sample Custom Declaration Forms
Sample Information Request Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Affidavit of Death Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Travel Authorization Sample Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Sample Accounting Expense Forms
Sample Generic Authorization Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Child Care Expense Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
General Liability Release Form Samples - 8+ Free Documents in PDF