One solid approach before starting up a new business relationship is to create Agreement Forms to make sure both parties are on the same page.
An Asset Agreement Form is an agreement between a Buyer and a Seller in which they finalize terms and conditions related to the purchase and sale of a company’s assets. It is important to indicate in an Asset Agreement transaction that it is unnecessary for the buyer to purchase all of the assets of the company.
Shown below are a few examples of Asset Agreement Forms that you can download and use for free for personal and future purposes.
Asset Purchase Agreement Form
Asset Sale Agreement Form
Asset Acquisition Form
Asset Management Agreement Form
Purchase Agreement Forms are legal contracts that require a buyer to buy and a seller to sell a product or service. On the other hand, Separation Agreement Forms mostly common between married couples, are used when they decide to legally separate and agree on how to divide their property and assets.
Purpose of an Asset Agreement
Defining and controlling behavior is a major objective in an Asset Agreement. Authority must be represented by the buyer to purchase the asset, and authority must be represented by the seller to sell the asset. Furthermore, the seller must also make sure the purchase price of the asset is equal to its value, and that the seller is not in financial or legal trouble.
Asset Agreement has an apparent set of advantages and disadvantages compared to using equity or stock agreement or a merger agreement. Alternatively, an Asset Agreement allows the parties to negotiate which liabilities of the target are expressly assumed by the purchaser, and allows the purchaser to leave behind those liabilities it does not know about. It also permits for a transaction where only some of the assets are shipped. A disadvantage, on the other hand, is that an Asset Agreement can often result in a great number of change of control issues.
Besides having the flexibility to sell only certain assets, instead of the entire company, Asset Agreements typically also include detailed supplies regarding the transfer of liabilities.
Business Asset Agreement Form
Asset Agreement Form in PDF
Asset Agreement Form in Word Format
Asset Agreement Form Example
Loan Agreement Forms are contracts used between a Borrower and a Lender which organizes the mutual promises made by each party.
Articles Contained in an Asset Agreement
Here are some of the documents that will contain in an Asset Agreement:
- Definitions – These mostly provide an alphabetical list of definitions of important terms used throughout the agreement.
- The Transaction – This refers to the specific terms of the sale.
- Seller Representation and Warranties – This mostly contains representation and warranties from the seller about the target business.
- Buyer Representation and Warranties – Contains alternate representations and warranties from the buyer to the seller.
- Covenants – Asset Agreements will contain covenants from the parties taking control of their activities during this time as well as after closing.
- Closing Conditions – Precedent conditions that must be satisfied and waived before each party included in an Asset Agreement will be required to consummate the transaction.
- Indemnification – This is for losses suffered on account of a breach of any of the other party’s representations and covenants; entitles each party to be compensated by the other.
- Termination – Failure to meet a condition may result to termination.
- General Provisions – Essentially, every Asset Agreement will contain an article dedicated to diversified provisions commanding a variety of subjects including expenses, governing law, notice, dispute resolution, assignment, amendment, and many more.
- Other Articles – Aside from more common sections described above, most Asset Agreements contain articles committed exclusively to other topics including tax, employment and labor, and environmental matters.
Separation Agreement Form Samples - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
8+ Training Agreement Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
Personal Loan Agreement Form Samples - 8+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Purchase Agreement Forms - 10 Free Documents in PDF ...
41+ Sample Transfer Forms
7+ Marketing Agreement Form Samples - Free sample, Example ...
10+ Escrow Agreement Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
32+ Sales Agreement Form in PDF
Separation Agreement Sample Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Stock Purchase Agreement Form - 7+ Free Documents in PDF
Simple Agreement Forms - 31+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Volunteer Agreement Forms - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
7+ Asset Agreement Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Asset Purchase Agreement - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Separation Agreement Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF