How many times has it ever happened in history that a rich parent died and the children fought over the remaining properties and assets? It is not a pretty situation to be in, and any parent would certainly not want this happening to their children at the time of their death. A Last Will and Testament is a legal document that can ensure this does not happen, because you can then express your wishes over what will happen to your properties and assets once you die. You may then fairly distribute it among your children and avoid any disputes over who gets what. You may also see our Will and Trust Forms for more samples.
Free Last Will and Testament Form
Printable Last Will and Testament Form
Last Will and Testament Form in PDF
Last Will and Testament Sample Form
Essential Parts of a Last Will and Testament
- Title – This should clearly state that it is your Last Will and Testament and no one else’s. You may include your Social Security number and address, details that are unique only to you, so that it cannot be interchanged with someone who has the same name. We have Free Will Forms that you can check out for samples before you carry on to the next part.
- Declaration – Declare that you are of sound mind and of legal age to be writing a will. Also state that you nullify any previous Last and Will Testaments you may have written before, and that you are writing the Will out of your own volition and not due to any outside influence.
- Executor – The executor is the person who will carry out the terms in your will. He makes sure that all debt, credits, and funeral expenses are paid off. He also decides what kind of probate is necessary or if it is even necessary at all. A probate is a legal process wherein a will is proved and validated in court so that it can be carried out. He also is the one who sells, if necessary, and distributes the properties of the deceased person.
- Guardian – Appoint a guardian for any children under the age of 18, if any. This will be carried out in the event that both you and your spouse would pass away.
Last Will and Testament Simple Form
Printable Last Will and Testament Form
Last Will and Testament Form Example
- Beneficiaries – Name all the beneficiaries in your will. Name alternate ones as well, to prevent disputes in the case of a simultaneous death of the testator of the will and the beneficiary.
- Assets – Determine which assets are not going to be assigned to a beneficiary automatically at the time of your death and which would be. Those who would not have a beneficiary are those whom you would need to mention specifically in your will. You would then need to state how you want those assets and properties to be divided among the people and organizations listed as your beneficiaries.
- Funeral Arrangements – You could also include details of how you want your remains to be treated after you pass away. You can specify if you want your remains to be cremated or buried.
- Signatures – After all the other elements are in the will, you should affix your signature, together with the names and signatures of at least two witnesses.
After you have completed your Last Will and Testament, make copies of it. You should store one in a safe place and give one to your executor. You can also see our Will Forms for more samples.
Sample Payroll Advance Forms - 8+ Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Company Registration Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Contingency Fee Agreement Forms - 7+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Legal Guardian Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
6+ IT Assessment Forms - Free Sample, Example Format Download
Sample Work Invoice Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Money Order Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Reference Questionnaire Forms - 8+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Authorization Release Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Youth Waiver Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Video Release Form Samples - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Release Form Samples - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Expense Authorization Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Event Evaluation Forms - 13+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
10+ Insurance Proposal Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...