Background information forms are used by the human resource personnel of a company to acquire significant information and data about the applicant or the company’s newly hired employee. The form aids a company to determine if an individual has been convicted of a crime, is claiming a falsified identity, or has been involved in a workplace violence leading to an employment termination.
Background Information Disclosure Form
Background Information Form for Background Check
Essential Contents to Be Included in a Background Information Form
While creating a background information form for a company, the creator, such as the hiring manager and the human resource team, must ensure that the following contents and fields are included in the form:
- Basic Information – This refers to the general information of the applicant which must include his/her full legal name, electronic mailing addresses, date and place of birth, social security number, and residential addresses. These details should match the disclosed entries of the applicant in his/her resume or curriculum vitae, as well as in his/her submitted job application form.
- Motor Vehicle and License Verification – The importance of obtaining the motor vehicle information and the license numbers of the applicant is to verify the claims to the governing agency of the state who records vehicle information and accident reports. The verification ensures that the vehicle that the applicant or the employee is currently using is not a stolen property or a vehicle purchased from illegal sources.
- Degree Verification – The educational attainment of an applicant is one of the basis and the criteria that employers look out for when hiring new employees. The applicant’s claimed educational degree must be proven, which is why most employers demand the contact information of the applicant’s named schools and educational institutions. Other documents to prove the applicant’s degree are also required by employers such as a diploma certificate supplied by the school, and a copy of the applicant’s schedule if the applicant is currently a student in the said institute.
- Employer Verification – This section aims to disclose the work or employment history of the applicant to acknowledge the applicant’s experiences that are related to the job that he/she is applying for. By having the applicant’s character reference list, the company will be able to contact and verify the applicant’s employment from the former employers of the applicant. Additionally, a section to cater the reasons for the applicant’s termination or voluntary leave from his/her previous companies can also be incorporated in the form as an optional area along with the applicant’s job title or category and his/her monthly salary range.
- Professional License Certification Verification – There are job positions that can only be filled in by an applicant who is a holder of specific certificates and licenses. This is why hiring managers and employers must assure that an applicant is holding a legal license provided by an authorized party. The applicant’s license number, license expiry, and type of license should be identified in the form.
Background Screen Information Form
Confidential Background Information Consent Form
By using a background information form during the job application period of the company, hiring managers will be able to know more about the applicant that are beyond what has been disclosed in the resumes and in the duration of the initial interview. However, hiring managers and the company must ensure that the information the applicant provided will not be given to any other party unless permitted and authorized by the applicant in relation to his/her intent of landing a job in the company.
10+ Sample Employee Information Forms
10+ Sample Patient Information Forms
9+ Sample Information Forms
9+ Sample Emergency Information Forms
9+ Sample School Information Forms
9+ Sample Health Information Forms
9+ Sample Medical Release of Information Forms
9+ Patient Information Forms
8+ Sample Vendor Information Forms
8+ Release of Information Forms
36+ Change Forms in PDF
22+ Free General Release of Information Forms
13+ Contact Information Forms
9+ Sample Statement of Information Forms
9+ Sample Employment Information Forms