Companies have various rules and regulations mandated when it comes to employment resignations including determining whether or not those who gave a two-week notice be acknowledged and terminated immediately. However, regardless of the variations of rules, policies, and terms, companies value the relevance of a well-crafted and detailed resignation letter that resigning employees will send. In lieu of this, employees can consider using resignation letter templates as opposed to creating one from scratch.
What Is a Resignation Letter?
A resignation letter is a document that employed individuals can use to inform their employers about their intent in resigning and terminating their employment with the company. The reasons for the resignation will be stated in the letter along with the exact day of the preferred last day. Furthermore, an employee can also include statements of gratitude to his company for his employment opportunity and the positive outcomes of his employment.
List of Resignation Letters
Church Resignation Letter
Formal Resignation Letter
Resignation Acceptance Letter
Resignation Acknowledgement Letter
Resignation Confirmation Letter
Resignation Letter in DOC
Resignation Letter Sample
Types of Resignation Letters
Below are the different types of resignation letters which vary on the type of organization or the company, the layout of the letter, and the focus or the main objective of the employee:
1. Church Resignation Letter: Pastors, ministers, and church staff members are the users of this type of letter. Specifically, the letter will state the reason why the sender of the letter has decided to resign which includes accepting a new position or to serve a different congregation. One of the significant parts of a church resignation letter is the citing of Bible verses and indicating thanks to the experience that the congregation and the ministry gave to the sender during the years of his service. Moreover, the letter should also state the transition plans that the sender will suggest to the church which can be considered to aid the church in looking and hiring a replacement for the vacant position.
2. Formal Resignation Letter: This is the type of resignation letter to send to an HR or to the head of the company where the sender will be resigning. In a formal resignation letter, the name of the human resource contact and the name of the head of the company will be stated followed by the subject of the letter. The body of the letter will define the reasons for the resignation including a closing thank you remark and the name and signature of the sender. Furthermore, this template sample also contains the letter formats to considered by the sender or the employee such as the short and sweet resignation letter and the long and thankful resignation letter formats.
3. Resignation Acceptance Letter: This letter is not to be written and be sent by the employee who will be resigning, rather it is to be created and sent by the company representative whom the employment resignation was addressed to. The purpose of this letter is to inform the resigning employee that his resignation is accepted by the company. The actions to be fulfilled by the employee in lieu of his resignation will also be specified in the letter such as returning the company’s belongings and signing the exit clearance and interview forms. Upon receiving the acceptance letter, the employee should also affix his signature and the date when he was informed about the acceptance of his resignation in the allotted area of the letter.
4. Resignation Acknowledgement Letter: The pieces of information which will be documented in this type of letter template would include the date when the resigning employee’s last working day will be, the contact information of the authorized hr representative who will be processing the employment benefits of the employee, as well as the documents to be filled out and submitted by the employee. To close the letter, the name of the sender or the employee’s supervisor and his title in the company will have to be indicated along with his signature.
5. Resignation Confirmation Letter: This is a single-paged letter template which states only the important data to be known by the employee regarding the company’s confirmation of his resignation. The date when the letter was sent, the name of the employee and his home address, the job position or title of the employee, and the resignation effectivity date will be some of the details to be stated in the letter.
How to Create an Effective Resignation Letter
Creating an effective resignation letter can easily be done by following the steps below:
Step 1: Prepare an Empty Document Sheet
The empty document sheet’s margin and design formats should be customized either based on the requirements of the company or on the traditional letter formatting.
Step 2: Place the Header of the Company
The header of the company will be where the name and logo of the company be stated. The purpose of the header or the letterhead is to identify that the letter is made and intended to be used within the company. Furthermore, it should promote professionalism and must be simplified or not look too cluttered and busy.
Step 3: Indicate the Forwarding Address and the Date When the Letter Will Be Sent
The forwarding address will be used by the company to know where they must send their response to the resignation letter of the employee. In addition, the date must be placed a space below the address.
Step 4: State the Address and Contact Details of the Recipient
The company’s main office address, contact number, and the name of the intended recipient with his job designation will be the details to include in this part of the letter.
Step 5: Add the Appropriate Salutation
The salutation should have the title and the name of the recipient.
Step 6: Explain the Purpose of the Letter, the Reason for the Resignation and Thank You Note or Statement
The purpose of the letter should be clear and concise which will then be followed by the reasons and details of the resignation in the succeeding paragraphs. Lastly, a thank you note addressed to the recipient and the company should be included to express gratitude and professionalism.
A signature line should be the last part of the letter. This would be where the printed name of the sender will be indicated along with his signature to indicate his affirmation and to validate that he is the person identified in the letter who will be resigning from his job position.
FREE 9+ Sample Business Letters in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample 2 Week Notice Letters in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Letters of Resignation in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ Sample Professional Reference Letters in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Recommendation Letters From Employer in MS Word | PDF
FREE 5+ Registered Nurse Recommendation Letters in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Reference Letters in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Sample Letter of Authorization Forms in PDF | Excel | Word
FREE 32+ Sample Letters in PDF | Ms Word | Excel
FREE 10+ Sample Recommendation Letters For Students in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Donation Letters in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Appeal Letters Format in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Formal Letters in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample College Letters of Recommendation in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Teacher Recommendation Letters in PDF | MS Word