Nobody likes staying at a job that’s making them unhappy. Can you imagine staying at the same dead-end job and going through the same boring daily routine? Granted, some probably have to so that they can attend to their family’s needs and that’s still very much a noble act. But those people probably dream about the day they get to leave their office with a smile that makes them look like they just won the lottery knowing that they won’t be coming back in a few more weeks. Why? Because they will have just handed in their two-week resignation letter. They can do just that by using a sample letter to make a two-week notice resignation letter.
What Is a Two Week Notice Resignation Letter?
From the name alone, you know that a two-week notice resignation letter is a written document that you give or email to your employers or human resource office to let them know that you won’t be staying with them for long. It’s basically a resignation letter with the duration of your remaining days with the company two weeks instead of the typical one month. It should provide the recruitment team ample time to seek out a qualified replacement to fill out your shoes in the company.
Two Week Resignation Notice Letter Sample
Polite Resignation Notice Letter
Two Week Notice Resignation Letter Due to Personal Reasons
Resignation Notice Letter For Better Opportunities
Resignation Notice Letter Due to Health Reasons
Two Week Resignation Notice Letter Due to Hostile Work Environment
Reasons Behind Your Two Week Notice Resignation Letter
Before you pave the way to exit your company’s doors forever, you need to take a step back and think back on the reason for your resignation. When you’ve come up with a good reason, we’re going to look at some of the most common types of two-week resignation letters that you can use as your basis. Just remember that whichever one you choose, you’re going to have to maintain professionalism and write in a polite manner. You want to leave with dignity, not leave with a bad reputation.
Let’s say that something came up that you can’t or don’t want to share with your coworkers and employers that’ll require you taking a little time off and your vacation leaves just can’t cover the days for your absence. You can come up with a two-week resignation notice letter. You’ll have to clarify that you’re leaving ‘due to personal reason I cannot disclose’. Don’t worry, companies can’t force you to share.
If either your spouse, partner, or family is being relocated to a different area for a job or other reasons then you can submit a two-week notice resignation letter due to relocation. This should allow you enough time to tie up any loose ends that you have left in your company.
If you applied to another position in another company prior to accepting the one that you’re working on and they’ve only called you back after a couple of months with a much more lucrative salary, better benefits package, and a schedule that you just can’t refuse. What do you do? You hand in a two-week resignation letter telling your employer that you’re leaving in less than a month to pursue better opportunities.
It’s inevitable that work can tire you out. In some cases, people burnout from the number of tasks they’re given or workload they have to accomplish. This can cause their health to deteriorate. Of course, they can always recover but for some people, it’s much more difficult to come back so they end up resigning instead. That’s the purpose of a resignation notice letter due to health reason. This can include illnesses and even pregnancies, whether it’s yours or your partners or family members. If the illness is critical, you can make an immediate resignation letter instead.
Hostile Work Environment
In most companies, especially big ones, a manager can easily lose touch with the employees on the floor and that could lead to a hostile work environment. If you’re finding out just how hostile your office or work environment is and you want to get out, you’ll need to make this kind of letter. Word of advice, don’t be as hostile as your work environment when making your letter. List down whatever problems you have and try to be as subtle as possible.
What to Include in Your Two Week Resignation Notice Letter
1. When making your two-week resignation notice letter, it’s important that you write it in a business letter format. It gives your resignation letter a professional look to it. When you begin writing, put your contact information, the date you’re sending it, and the contact information of your employers.
2. Begin your letter by telling them when you will be leaving the company. You can either give a specific date of when you’re leaving or simply state that you’re leaving within two weeks from the current date.
4. As you near the closing of your letter, you can express your gratitude and thank the company for the opportunity, experience, and the friends you’ve made in your time working there.
5. It’s important that you abstain from saying anything negative in your letter. Avoid making any implication as you wish to maintain professionalism in your letter.
6. Since you’re leaving in two weeks time, it’s best that you offer your help in finding a suitable replacement in your position. You can even offer to train them as a favor for the company (should they allow it).
7. When you finish your letter, send a copy to both your employer and the human resources office. You can either send it through email or you can give them a hard copy. Some companies will require you to send both.
FREE 8+ Resignation Letter Examples in WORD PDF
FREE 8+ Resignation Clearance Forms in Samples, Examples ...
FREE 7+ Sample Formal Letter Format
FREE 13+ Sample Formal Letters in PDF DOC
FREE 12+ Company Exit Clearance Forms in PDF
Notice to Quit Forms
FREE 7+ Sample Job Offer Acceptance Letters DOC
FREE 12+ Sample Example Cover Letter
FREE 7+ Sample Teacher Recommendation Letters in PDF DOC
FREE 8+ Employment Termination Sample Letters in WORD PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Recommendation Letters From Employer in ...
FREE 27+ Personnel Action Form Samples in PDF WORD
FREE 8+ Sample Complaint Letters in PDF WORD
FREE 10+ Sample Reference Letter
29 Free Notice Forms