Business letters are a great deal of help, and in terms of medium, the documents underwent many changes. Business letters arrived at their recipient’s doorstep through postal mail that eventually changed to fax. Nowadays, business letters are becoming convenient with the rise of technology and thus are now in the mode of emails.
Communication is always the key and therefore, to communicate easily is the priority. Communication is what made people once create the Tower of Babel, and it is also communication that made them fall from their plan. Business leaders must communicate well with their workers and their suppliers, and business letters help bridge them together.
FREE 50+ Letter Forms in PDF | MS Word
1. Letter Subscriber Registration Form
2. Administrative Letter Form
3. Recommendation Letter Form
4. Letter of Creation Form
5. Decision Letter Form
6. Third Party Letter Request Form
7. Letter of Visa Application Form
8. Letter of Reference Form
9. Letter of Offer Acceptance Form
10. Letter Re Request Form
11. Letter of Account Activation Form
12. Voided Assignment Letter Form
13. Letter of Undertaking Form
14. Clearance Letter Form
15. Letter of Authority Form
16. Letter of Graduate Awards Form
17. Letter of Authorization Form
18. Letter of Recommendation Request Form
19. Official Letter Form
20. Letter of Children Travelling Form
21. Letter of Good Standing Form
22. Letter of Guardianship Form
23. Serving Letter Form
24. Export Letter Goods Form
25. Letter of Interest Form
26. Letter of Enrolment Service Form
27. Admission Letter Record Form
28. Letter of Credit Form
29. Letter of Permission Application Form
30. Letter of Appointment Form
31. Letter of Intimation Form
32. Consent Letter Rollover Form
33. Letter Requesting Inspection Form
34. Letter of Approval for Unit Form
35. Copyright Letter Form
36. Single Entry Intent Letter Form
37. Business Status Letter Form
38. Letter of Verification Request Form
39. Letter of No Objection Form
40. Staff Recommendation Letter Form
41. Letter of Instruction Form
42. Letter to Household Eligibility Form
43. Filling Form Letter Form
44. Letter of Consumption Form
45. Letter of Access Waiver Form
46. Letter of Certification Form
47. Letter of Medical Necessity Form
48. Letter of Guarantee Form
49. Letter of Non Marriage Application Form
50. Letter to Board Form
51. Modification Letter Form
What Is a Business Letter?
Business letters are formal business forms that the company uses to send a message to another company or the company supplier. This group of materials is a means for communicating, but more on the intent to form a business partnership, conduct a transaction, or oversee the company operations. As you can see, a business letter does not merely equate to dealing with the company to supplier transactions. A business letter may also delve into other aspects and areas of the company as long as it serves to communicate data or findings.
What Are the Types of Business Letters?
A company’s process has varied areas, such as transactions, recommendations, inquiries, etc. Business letters are all-encompassing and are a great help to deliver messages across the facets of the company. Business letters are vital, and users must be careful when using such documents.
Listed below are some examples of business letters that companies widely utilize frequently. You may see the diversity of the business letters from the examples below. It goes to show that business letters aren’t only meant to send an invite or an inquiry formally but may also delve into other facets of the company as well.
- Recommendation Letter – There are instances when someone from the company has someone they want to recommend to the company. In this case, the job applicant must submit his application form along with the letter of recommendation, written by the one who suggested him for the job position. The recommendation letter must contain a specified number of paragraphs in the content. The first paragraph must be the recommender’s reason why he qualifies to recommend a job applicant to the company. Recommendation letters must have a second paragraph that dedicates to the job applicant’s qualifications and useful points. The third paragraph must have a detailed explanation of the nature of the relationship of the one who recommended it to the job applicant.
- Acknowledgment Letter –, acknowledgment letters act similarly to receipts. This type of business letter functions to let the sender that the recipient received the message, the delivery, or the service. In most cases, companies use acknowledgment letters to give the sender an idea that they received something, despite a business transaction not taking place as of yet. This type may also be applicable in a scenario where the company acknowledges that it received an applicant’s documents. Acknowledgment letters may also come in the form of emails since most people have emails, and this medium is so much more convenient.
- Cover Letter – There are two ideas regarding this type of business letter. Most of the time, cover letters function to motivate the reader to read the content of the document. This type is a one-page letter and finds accompaniment with an applicant’s sample resume or curriculum vitae. Another idea for this type of business letter is that the content describes the inside of the package. The message must also say the reason why the package got delivered and what the recipient must do with it.
- Follow-Up Letter – A follow-up letter functions after an initial conversation occurred between the company and the supplier. Companies usually use the document when they want to have a follow-up of their initial order since a follow-up letter functions to address a delayed transaction. The sender inquires about the progress of the purchase order. Were the goods sent already or not? Questions arise when a company expects delivery to arrive at a given date and time. Follow-up forms exist to ensure the company that they have the right ask.
- Resignation Letter – This type may be the most accessible one and the most user-friendly to employees who are experiencing apathy or thinking of moving toward another journey. Some employees lost the will to continue doing the same work daily. Some workers want to chase after their dreams because they found the sign to do so. Resignation letters are the salvation that most employees need to formally and legally get out of the bonds with the company that they want to part. When writing a resignation letter, employees need to be formal and polite because they need to acquire the last pay still. And if they don’t write in such a manner, they might not receive that benefit.
- Complaint Letter – Usually, complaint letters find recognition as a means to show the wrong employees. People see complaint letters as the management reprimanding bad employees. However, complaint letters are much more than a company scolding an employee. Complaint letters are more for assessment. Assessment does not solely mean that the company assesses its employees but rather a comprehensive evaluation of the company. A complaint letter is helpful when a worker sees something wrong with another employee’s behavior or the management’s methods.
- Order Letter – Order letters exist to give the company a means to send what they want to purchase from a supplier. The message must contain specific details about the product/s and must specify the quantity of the good that the company intends to buy. You might ask why the letter exists when the company can merely call the supplier. The supplier needs proof of purchase because they will include it during an audit of their company. Order letters help satisfy the need of the supplier. These files keep the purchase inquiry of a client documented.
- Inquiry Letter – This business letter is a type that companies use when they want to know the prices of another company’s products. Inquiry letter forms seek to know about a specific area of another company and thus companies use it to ask about something they want to know about a specific area of a company.
How to Create the Standard Business Letter?
Business letters are not that difficult to make, but these sample forms surely are not also a piece of cake. We prepared a few steps that will help guide you in creating the document. Use the steps well and use them for the benefit of your company!
Step 1: Know the Intent for the Letter
Previously, we mentioned that there are various types of business letters with different functions in the article. Before you create one, you must know what kind of business letter your company needs for the moment. By knowing the type of business letter, it will help you know what elements are in store for that type since not all business letters have similar contents.
Step 2: The Layout Needs Directness
Draft an initial outline of how you want to present your document. It must be straight to the point and not confusing. Confusing layout destroys the flow of understanding of the layout. Users only need to see a top to bottom kind of flow. Do not create a layout that makes them go up then down then up again. Do you get the gist? Make the layout as simple as it can be.
Step 3: Foster the Use of Active Voice
We know you live for the passive voice. All your life from high school to college, you used the passive voice. You slept with it. Cried with it. And even, breathed it. But now that you are in the world of business, you need to part with it. Say goodbye to your best friend and companion. And say hello to active voice! Active voice is highly useful in business letters since it is direct and concise. Passive voice tends to be lengthy and dragging. Start practicing the art of active voice and immerse in its potential in your sample business letter form!
Step 4: Do a Review
After the hard work of creating a document, the next and last thing you must do is to criticize your work. Yes, it is a hard thing to critique what you made from blood, sweat, and hand muscle, but you must evaluate. Like a parent shapes its child into a better person, you must shape your output into a better one. Edit out all the wrongs and polish the whole output.
Business letters are easy to make and easy to use. These documents are faster in delivering a message to another company, and over the years, it got more convenient when technology came into the world. Now, companies send business letters through their phones or tablets. The medium shifted from print to online. But there are still those who use the former medium. Nevertheless, business letters are useful materials for communication that no other material can best when making a message formal and presentable.
FREE 9+ Reference Letter Samples in PDF WORD - Sample Forms
FREE 5+ Eagle Scout Letter of Recommendation Forms in PDF DOC
FREE 5+ Military Letter of Recommendation Letter Forms in PDF ...
FREE 7+ Sample Formal Letter Format
FREE 9+ Letter of Recommendation Sample
FREE 10+ Letter of Intent Samples
FREE 4+ Letter of Resignation Examples
FREE 10+ Sample Authorization Letter in WORD PDF
FREE 8+ Cover Letter Examples for Teachers in PDF WORD
FREE 14+ Dental Medical Clearance Forms in PDF WORD
FREE 5+ Tips for Writing a Resume Cover Letter in PDF DOC
FREE 10+ Sample Recommendation Letter For Students in PDF DOC
FREE 12+ Sample Cover Letter Examples in PDF - Sample Forms
FREE 8+ Sample Generic Authorization Forms PDF
FREE 9+ Donation Letter Samples in PDF DOC