Before a property owner will accept an individual as a tenant, he must first gather information and check the tenant’s background. This can be done by using a tenant application form and by interviewing as well as verifying the tenant’s statements and claims.
Tenant Application Form Sample
What Is a Tenant Application Form?
A tenant application form is a document which is required to be filled out by prospective property tenants before the lease or the rent will begin. With the form, the property owner will be able to require and collect relevant information about the tenant. The information disclosed by the tenant in the form will be used by the property owner for the verification of the tenant’s identity and claims.
Tenant Application Form in DOC
Why Are Tenant Application Forms Important?
Tenant application forms are important because it serves as a supplemental instrument for the property owner’s selection process. The form will aid the landlord or the property owner in determining whether or not he will accept the tenant and proceed to create a rental agreement. Most importantly, tenant application forms will also inform tenants about what the property owner expects as well as the eligibility requirements when renting the property, and the amount to be paid for the deposits and reservation fees.
Tenant Application Form in PDF
Essential Sections of Tenant Application Forms
Regardless of the property which is offered to be rented out by tenants and renters, a tenant application form must have the essentials, and these are as follows:
- Property details: This is where the address of the property that the prospective tenant is applying for will be indicated. In addition, the property’s postcode with its advertised move-in date for the chosen tenant, the tenancy commencement date, and the amount of the rent to be paid will also be stated in this section of the form, as well as the initial rental period preferred by the property owner.
- Tenant details: The basic data of the tenant such as his title, name, passport number, date of birth, mobile and landline phone numbers, and current residential address are the contents of this section. Knowing the number of years that the tenant has resided in his current address is also relevant especially for the purpose of acknowledging the reasons and the purpose of why the tenant moved out from his previous residence.
- Emergency contact information: The person whose information will be disclosed in this portion of the form should not be a co-tenant or someone who will be living with the tenant in the desired property. The emergency contact person’s name, address, phone number, and email address are some of the essential information that the prospective tenant must indicate in this section.
- Guarantor details: If the tenant still needs additional financial support from other parties, such as his relative or a financial aid provider, he must state the details of his guarantor in the form as well. This allows the property owner to know the financial capacity of both the tenant and the guarantor, and determine if they can meet the financial obligations accompanying the property rental or not.
- Bank account details: The name of the tenant’s bank and the name that he is using in his account are some of the data to state in this section along with the address of the bank, and the bank account number.
- Lease or character reference: The tenant’s previous landlords and co-tenants can be the character reference persons of the tenant. The references will be the ones whom the property owner will contact for verifying the tenant’s claims and background. Moreover, the names of the character reference persons and their contact information must be disclosed by the tenant along with their individual addresses.
- Employment details: Having a job, specifically a stable and high-paying job, is one of the requirements of most property owners and landlords for their tenants. This is why an employment details section is an essential part of the form since this is where the tenant can disclose information which will prove that he is employed and is capable of providing the rental fees and payments on time.
Lastly, a tenant application form should document the prospective tenant’s affirmation and authorization regarding the information that he disclosed and the verification procedure that the property owner will conduct with the use of the data in the form. For this, an acknowledgment and affirmation statement must be incorporated into the form along with a signature block for the tenant’s and the guarantor’s signatures.
Rental Program Prospective Tenant Application Form
Examples of Tenant Application Forms
Mall Tenant Application Form – This form is not for residential tenancy rather for commercial and business lease intents where a tenant will rent out an area in a mall. Specifically, the prospective tenant’s mall preference, shop type, business or trade name, industry category, as well as the details of the merchandise to be sold by the tenant will be the data to be stated in this form. In addition, the tenant’s data must be stated in the owner’s information section of the form wherein his full name, business address, birthday, citizenship, and mobile number will be collected.
Mall Tenant Application Form
Rental Housing Tenant Application Form – This is the most common type of tenant application form since it is for residential or housing rentals. In the form, the prospective tenant will be required to enlist the names of his household members who will be living with him in the property along with their birthdays and social security numbers. The tenant’s current address, preferences, house type, housing references, household information, income information, and asset information will also be needed to be disclosed in the application form. Upon submission, the office staff who received the completed form must fill in the “office use only” portion of the form which is for indicating the dates when the tenant have submitted the form and when the desired move-in date will be.
Rental Housing Tenant Application Form
To conclude, tenant application forms are not only useful for residential property owners and real estate agents, but also for commercial property owners where tenants will use their rented property for business and marketing activities. Nonetheless, tenant application forms should only be used as an initial form and it must be supported by other documents such as a rental agreement for the approved tenant.
17+ Student Application Form Examples – PDF, DOC
5+ Employment Application Forms – PDF, DOC
5+ Student Application Form Examples – PDF, DOC
3+ Retail Job Application Forms – PDF
Department Store Job Application Forms – PDF, DOC
3+ Car Loan Application Forms – PDF
3+ Cafe Job Application Forms – PDF
30 Application Forms in PDF
41+ Application Forms in Word
40+ Student Application Form Templates
32+ Simple Job Application Forms
Renewal Application Form
10 Landlord Application Forms
9+ Nurse Application Form Examples
7+ Sample Global Entry Application Forms