Intellectual property (IP) is anything you create – whether a physical invention, a manuscript, a design, etc. – to which you own the rights. How does one go about filing Application Forms to register these creations for patent protection? The safest conventional method is to hire a patent attorney. It may be expensive and complicated, so get a good one. You can start finding a specialist on the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA) website and other similar sites.
But what if you would rather do it yourself? To help you get started, check out this collection of free downloadable IP application forms in PDF.
Sample Intellectual Property Rights Application Form
Intellectual Property Trademark Application Form
Example School Intellectual Property Application Form
Intellectual Property Insurance Application Form
How to Apply for a Patent Without an Attorney
This follows after the obvious steps of carefully recording and documenting your invention.
- Do a thorough research to make sure your invention qualifies for a patent protection. This is where tools such as the Romarin database under the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) will come in handy. Your invention must be new and useful.
- Estimate the commercial value and potential of your invention. Think like a businessman. It will cost you a decent amount just to file for a patent at your chosen patents registry, so make sure it is worth it.
- Research the specifications of your chosen IPO. Check their required format for submitting patent specifications. (You can then download and modify the provided Intellectual Property Form templates here if needed.)
Still lost? Get a patent attorney.
Where to Apply (Choosing an IPO)
Intellectual property organizations deal with copyrights, patents, trademarks, and other intellectual property affairs. This is where you will be submitting your patent application. Keep in mind there are regional IPOs and international IPOs.
Examples of regional/national IPOs
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Eurasian Patent Organization (EAPO)
- Euroean Patent Organisation (EPO)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO)
There are many aspects to consider when choosing an IPO. Make sure you seek advice. Two important considerations are to obtain a patent in countries where
- the manufacturing of the invention is most likely to occur
- and is most likely to generate sales
To Protect Photographs
A Picture Release Form is a form that, when signed, states that you have given permission for a photograph that belongs to you or your minor ward to be used. Example scenarios:
- a parent allowing their child’s school to photograph or videotape their child and use and/or distribute this material for valid purposes (e.g. as part of a school publication).
- a person allowing a website to use his/her photographic likeness on the website page for promotion or other purposes.
Patent Intellectual Property Application Form
Business Law Intellectual Property Form in PDF
Enterprise Scholarship Intellectual Property Form
If you want to learn how to settle a secured transaction, check out free templates on Security Agreement Forms.
7+ Marketing Agreement Form Samples - Free sample, Example ...
7+ Sample Contract Assignment Forms Sample Forms
Proposal Form Templates
Sample Evaluation Forms - 25+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
https://www.sampleforms.com/sample-release-form.html https ...
Sample Proposal Forms - 19+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Transfer Agreement Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
Sample Talent Release Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Agreement Forms in Word
Sample Business Evaluation Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
10+ Sample Confidentiality Agreement Forms - Free Sample ...
Sample Development Agreement Forms - 8+ Free Documents in ...
9+ Employment Agreement Samples - Free Samples, Examples ...