Doing background checks on potential employees is imperative in order for employers to avoid making poor hiring decisions. Employment Verification is a continuous process of screening applicants or employees by running a check on the information they have provided through their application forms such as their work history, educational background, and character references.
One of the key aspects in verifying an applicant’s background is through their employment history. You’d be surprised to see how a lot of people actually falsify the information they indicate on their resumes to make it stand out. Many people are hunting for jobs nowadays, and because of the high competition, many are doing this to increase their chances of being hired.
Dot Employment Verification Request Form
Basic Employment Verification Request Form
Generic Employment Verification Request Form
Previous Employment Verification Request Form
Employment Verification Letter Request Form
Why Employee Verification Matters:
1. To spot fraudsters. No matter how legitimate a candidate may appear during a job interview, you will never know for sure if they are telling the truth unless you do a verification procedure. By verifying an employee’s employment history and educational background, you will be able to see if the information stated on his resume coincides with what supervisors, employers, or referrals say.
2. To verify experience claim. Some job titles require a certain number of years of experience to make a candidate eligible for a job. With the increasing competition in the job market, you cannot discount the possibility of applicants stretching the truth to make their previous position seem stellar. By doing an employee verification, you will be able to determine if the employee’s job responsibilities from his previous employer are as he says they are.
Student Employment Verification Request Form
Tenant Employment Verification Form
Employment Verification Request Form in PDF
Employment Verification Form in Word
Employment Verification Request Form Example
Conducting Employee Verification
Some companies hire a third-party specialist to perform background checks and employment verification; however, others prefer to conduct their own verification processes by contacting the companies, schools, or references indicated in an application form or in a resume. Below is a step-by-step process on how to conduct an employee verification on your own:
1. Using the internet, search for the company listed by the applicant on his resume and then try to determine if the information provided with the information listed online matches, such as company telephone numbers.
2. If an applicant’s previous employer has closed its business, visit the website of the Secretary of State where the company was located and see if the business was listed.
3. Contact previous employers or referrals that the applicant has stated in his resume or job application. If it is a current or a previous employer or supervisor, politely ask him to verify the employee’s job position, duties, attendance issues, ending salary, and for comments regarding the employee’s work performance or issues pertaining to misconduct.
Verification is a crucial part of a business. It helps to protect your company and to ensure that you are hiring the best employees who can properly accomplish their tasks. Our Verification Forms, Employment Verification Forms, and Rental Verification Forms are tailored to make sure that you are able to properly document the information you gather from clients or employees in order for you to conduct objective and accurate information verification.
9+ Sample Income Verification Forms
Verification Forms in PDF
Sample Verification Forms - 21+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Wage Verification Form - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Verification Forms in Word
Sample Employment Release Forms - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Landlord Verification Form Samples - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
8+ Request Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format Download
Free Social Security Verification Forms - 8+ Free Documents in ...
10+ Sample Income Verification Forms
Sample Employment History Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
9+ Sample Employer Verification Forms
Sample Tenant Verification Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Self Employment Form - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Work Verification Form - 7+ Free Document in PDF