Are you planning to move out of your apartment? Then you would need to give your landlord a 30-day notice to move out. You had a signed lease agreement, so it would be the responsible thing to do to notify your landlord if you plan on moving out. Moving out is already stressful and tedious enough without having to whip up forms for a 30-day notice. Save yourself from the additional hassle by downloading our 30-Day Notice Forms. Once you have downloaded and printed one, you just easily fill it out. Then you can focus on the more important parts of moving.
30-Day Notice to Move Out of Apartment
30-Day Move Out Notice Letter
30-Day Move Out Notice to Landlord
30-Day Notice to Tenant to Move Out
Steps to Making a Good 30-Day Notice to Move Out
- Read your lease agreement. Everything you need to know about your lease is there. Also, maybe instead of 30 days, the number of days required to notify your landlord before moving out is different. You will need to know the basics on your lease agreement before you edit and fill out one of our forms.
- Your notice should be addressed to your landlord and should indicate the current date. You should also include the date when you plan to vacate the place. It would also help to specify why you want to move out (new job, reassignment, military deployment, high rent). Your landlord would want to know if there are problems with the apartment. If you also need to resign from your job, you can check our 2 Week Notice Letters for templates.
- Ask for your security deposit to be returned to you. The manner and time of return is stated on your lease agreement. Also, your landlord will have to check the place for any damage to it that is outside of the normal wear and tear. Any damages would have to be deducted from your security deposit.
- Provide a forwarding address. This is important because this is where your security deposit will be mailed to if it is a check. Also, any other notifications that you may receive after you vacate the place will have to be mailed to you.
- After you have filled out and signed your notice letter, you would also want to make a copy of it. This can help if there are any disputes between you and your landlord about the notice, or if your landlord will not receive the letter, you’d have a spare one to give to him.
30-Day Notice of Intent to Move Out
Example of 30-Day Notice to Move Out
Printable 30-Day Notice to Move Out
It is always better to notify someone ahead of time when you plan to move out. That way, you leave on good terms. Also, aside from the use of a tenant, 30 Day Notice Forms can also be used by landlords who might need to evict a tenant. Evicting a tenant is not a pleasant task. It is very tedious and costly. It would be better to try and talk it out with the tenant first and turn to eviction only as a last resort.
Sample Travel Risk Assessment Forms - 7+ Free Documents in ...
Interview Assessment Form Samples - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
8+ Sample Tuition Reimbursement Forms
Apartment Rental Agreement Samples - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
202+ Agreement Forms – Free Sample, Example, Format Download ...
8+ Job Proposal Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Business Assessment Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
20+ Sample Tax Forms
Sample Travel Advance Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Employee Direct Deposit Forms - 7+ Free Documents in PDF
9+ Sample Lease Application Forms
Sample Job Offer Acceptance Letter - 8+ Free Documents in Doc
Printable Application Form Samples - 20+ Free Documents in Word ...
9+ Sample Service Request Forms Sample Forms
Sample School Transfer Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF