Early retirement is growing popularity these days. In fact, an article by Forbes suggests that retiring early may extend your lifespan. Furthermore, it also reported that those who “took early retirement had a 42 percent lower five-year mortality rate than those who continued working into their 60s.” However, early retirement is not all about absolute liberation from your 9 to 5 job. In contrast, retiring early actually makes you face the reality of boredom. And to combat boredom, most retirees take full-time hobbies, start businesses, or make investments. And speaking of investments, many of the early retirees actively participate in Investment Trading due to the flexibility that it offers.
What Is an Investment Trading Journal?
Investment trading is a popular type of investment among early retirees. Some may treat this as a sort of hobby, while others would take trading seriously. Serious traders regularly monitor their investments from time to time, waiting for them to gain profit exponentially. So they usually arm themselves to the teeth with a trusty tool that enables them to monitor the progress of their investments. Such a tool is called the Investment Trading Journal. Investment Trading Journals are like general journals forms that record the amount of invested capital, profit gain and loss, and deposits and withdrawals. However, these journals are only used specifically in trading stocks, crypto-currency, options, and other types of securities. You may also see Accounting Forms.
What is the best Sample Investment Trading Journal Forms?
Investment Trading Journal
Trader Name: _______________________
Trade Number: _______________________
- Asset/Instrument: _______________________
- Market (e.g., Stock, Forex, Crypto): _______________________
- Buy/Sell: _______________________
- Entry Price: _______________________
- Exit Price: _______________________
- Volume/Quantity: _______________________
- Trade Type (e.g., Day Trade, Swing Trade): _______________________
- Gross Profit/Loss: _______________________
- Commissions/Fees: _______________________
- Net Profit/Loss: _______________________
- Reason for Entry (e.g., Technical Analysis, News, Tip):
- Pre-Trade Analysis (e.g., Charts, Indicators Used):
- Risk/Reward Ratio: _______________________
- Stop Loss/Take Profit Levels: _______________________
- Outcome (Profit/Loss): _______________________
- Trade Execution Review (Timing, Price, Volume):
- Did the trade follow your strategy? (Yes/No): _______________________
- What worked well?
- What could be improved?
- Emotional State (e.g., Confident, Anxious):
- Market Conditions: _______________________
- External Factors Influencing Trade (e.g., Economic News, Global Events):
- Lessons Learned/Key Takeaways:
Instructions for Use:
- Fill out the form after each trade.
- Be honest and detailed in your responses.
- Regularly review your journal entries to identify patterns and areas for improvement.
- Use this information to refine your trading strategy and decision-making process.
4+ Investment Trading Journal Forms in XLS
1. Stock Investment Trading Journal
2. Crypto Investment Trading Journal
3. Options Investment Trading Journal
4. Forex Investment Trading Journal
5. Bitcoin Investment Trading Journal
How to Make an Investment Trading Journal
Being an early retiree at the age of 40, you’ve come to realize that retiring is not always rainbows and butterflies. You’ve also realized that you need to get away from boredom and do something productive quickly. So in search of something productive called a hobby, you then decide to invest some of your savings. You heard from your friends that stock trading is worth a try and is profitable as it is fun at the same time. So you tried what your friends recommended you and found out that what they said was true. Hooked like a fish, you then decided that this is the kind of hobby that you’ve been looking for. It consequently turned you into a serious investment trader, which also led you to need a tool to help track its progress as well. And after a lengthy search, you found yourself an Investment Trading Journal. And, here are the steps on how to make it. Our best forms is also worth a look at.
Step 1. Choose and Download an Investment Trading Journal Template
Choose and download an investment trading journal template so that you can start making one right away. To start, choose among a list of investment trading journal templates included in this article. After choosing, hit the download button so you can edit it immediately.
Step 2. Edit the Investment Trading Journal Template
Edit the investment trading journal template right after downloading it. To edit the template, simply fill in the rows and columns with the facts and figures that it’s asking for. Those facts and figures include dates, the amount invested, profit and loss rates, and so on. While editing, make sure to put the recent facts and figure on their respective cells.
Step 3. Review the Entries in the Investment Trading Journal
After your done editing the template, double-check the entries in the journal for accuracy and correctness. Scan every nook and cranny of the journal and leave no stone unturned. If ever you find any erroneous entries in the journal, you can have them marked so that you can correct them later. Reviewing your investment trading journal after you’re done putting all the entries allows you to correct errors whenever you spot one. You should also take a look at our blank forms.
Step 4. Save and Store the Investment Trading Journal
Save and store the investment trading journal on your computer after you’re done with the previous steps. To start, create a new folder and name it “investment trading journals.” Then create a sub-folder in it and name it after the companies that you’ve invested in. Saving and storing your investment trading journal on your computer lets you access and update it anytime you want. But if you’re looking to access your journals anywhere regardless of where you are, you can also opt to store them in google drive or cloud.
Step 5. Update the Investment Trading Journal Periodically
Update the investment trading journal from time to time. This way, you can see if your investments are making progress or if it is on the brink of failing. This will allow you to decide on whether to withdraw your funds and invest them elsewhere or not. To update your investment trading journals, simply repeat the same process that you did when you first made your entries.
FREE 10+ Asset Purchase Agreement Form Sample in Sample ...
FREE 8+ Subordination Agreement Form Samples in Sample ...
10+ Finance Proposal Form Samples
FREE 7+ Sample Business Management Forms PDF
7+ Land Purchase Agreement Form Samples
FREE 11+ Sample Property Agreement Forms in PDF WORD
Sample Allocation Agreement Forms
FREE 7+ Sample Business Contracts in WORD PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Business Proposal Forms in WORD Pages | DOC
9+ Project Proposal Form Samples in Sample, Example, Format
FREE 4+ Condominium Rental Sample or Forms in PDF DOC
7+ Science Fair Proposal Form Samples
Sample Apprenticeship Agreement Forms
Catering Proposal Forms
Sample Business Partnership Agreement Form - 8+ Free ...