Writing a witness statement is no laughing manner, as this has something to do with the nature of the document, which is often used as evidence for a certain case or trial. The exact method on how to write a statement from a witness is actually quite simple but has a major effect on most case trials and accusations that involve verbal actions.
Drafting a witness statement form is actually quite similar to the process of a financial statement form. This is because both statement forms are typically used as a means of legally stating a certain amount of information that is usually backed up with proven facts.
Witness Statement Template
How to Write a Witness Statement
Writing a witness statement is quite simple actually, it is the same as writing a journal about the experience you had on the date in question. However, instead of a journal, you will be writing in a legal document and you may, in certain cases, be required to present them again in court as a piece of evidence.
Witness Statement Forms in PDF form is a common thing, because having a soft copy of the statement ensures that a copy of the statement will always be at hand. To write a witness statement you will need to:
- Clearly identify yourself as the witness.
- Identify the location of the event you have witnessed.
- Specify the time and date of the occurrence.
- Identify if you have any medical conditions that may affect your ability to remember things.
- Always end the statement with the line “the statement is true to the best of my knowledge
- Affix signatures at the ending of the statement and its duplicates.
What to Include in a Witness Statement
In most examples of statement forms, you may notice some similarities between each form. These similarities are composed of the following elements and are what most witness statement forms comprise of:
- The body of the document where the statement will be written.
- List of all legal parties involved with the statement.
- Names of everyone who is involved in the statement.
- An attached sworn statement. State that the information written in the statement is one hundred percent (100%) true.
- Credentials of the witness, and whether the statement is credible or not.
What Is the Purpose of a Witness Statement?
The primary purpose of a witness statement form or a witness statement form sample is to be used as evidence for a certain case or trial. However, a witness statement can also be used for other purposes, such as:
- It can be used as a means to justify misunderstandings among a group of people.
- It can be used to clarify any false claims about a certain piece of property or information.
- It can be used as a means of legally binding what a person said about a certain situation.
There are several free printable statement forms that a person can use for the written account of a person’s statement that can at times, be a tide changer to a situation.
Guidelines and Tips on How to Write a Witness Statement
When writing a witness statement it is important to keep track of a few guidelines. These guidelines being:
- Always use a Witness Statement Form Template as a reference when you are going to make your own statement form.
- When using a witness statement form template, avoid copying the template word for word.
- Always stick to the truth and avoid using overly complex words.
- Be as clear as possible in all of your statements.
Sample Sworn Statement Form - 9+ Free Documents in Word, Excel ...
Sample Medical Statement Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Property Statement Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Real Estate Statement Form - 6+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Statement of Information Form - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Personal Statement Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Statement Form - 19+ Free Documents in PDF, Xls
Sample Financial Statement Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
7+ Sample Salary Statement Forms – Free Documents in Word, PDF
39 General Affidavit Forms in PDF
22+ Sample Financial Statement Forms
Sworn Affidavit Forms in PDF
Temporary Guardianship Form Samples
Affidavit Forms - 112+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Statement of Claim Forms - 9+ Free Documents in PDF