Aside from cakes, pastries, coffees, and teas, a bakery owner must consider sets of documents and paperwork in his bakery business list before starting to operate a bakery. Most of these documents are requirements from the state or country where the bakery is located, while some are relevant to aid the bakers and staff in handling the business and clients.
Business Forms which are vital for the bakery can range from Application Forms to Clearances wherein the approval of the authority is needed. Here are the essential forms that a baker and a bakery owner should have for his business.
Bakery License Application Form
Business Forms, Licenses, and Permits are the known documents which are required for opening any type of business. These are used to have a full identification of the business and who is accountable for any business activity or undertaking. For bakeries, a Bakery License Application will state the details of the bakery business, owner’s name, and a qualification checklist for the bakery. The checklist will include the possible number of workers, the water supply, disposal system, the product storage requirements, and the sale type of the business. At the end part of the Application Form, an affirmation from the applicant or the business owner will be needed with his signature.
Money Order Form
Applying for a bakery license will require an amount of payment and fees for the licensing process. With this, a Money Order Form is to be attached to the Application Form as a proof of the applicant’s payment. This Order Form acts similarly like a paycheck and a certificate which is issued by banks, financing agencies, and governments. Most money orders have a limitation of up to a thousand dollars to be transacted between two parties. The Money Orders received by the recipient may be cashed by banks and other institutions or groups who accept the form.
Food Handling Permit Application Form
A permit which is necessary for the bakery’s products, goods and all other edible merchandise is a Food Handling Permit Application Form. Bakery businesses of various selling types including a business retail selling and with a seating need this form. This permit will determine whether the bakery will be needing additional certificates with regards to the ingredients and the food production of the business. If the bakery will become an exclusive vendor of a corporation, the bakery management should assure that the Vendor Assessment Form created for them will have a high rating and good assessment score.
Zoning Variance Application Form
When it comes to dealing with the business location, a series of inspections and location certificates will be needed to be obtained by the owner. A Zoning Variance Application Form will indicate the set of rules which are mandated by the states or municipality with regards to using a land property. It is essential to submit this type of Application Form since the zoning regulations of a state may either make or break a business. This form will grant the business owner the approval to begin operating his business.
Information Found In a Zoning Variance Application Form
Similar to other Application Forms, the Zoning Variance will have the basic information of the involved parties and the specific intention of applying for the subject. Here is the list of information to be stated in a Zoning Variance Application Form:
- The names of the applicant, business owner, and a representative of the applicant.
- The district zone where the bakery or business is located.
- The property’s legal description.
- The total amount of process fees required to be paid by the applicant.
A Zoning Variance Application Checklist will include some requested documents such as a Letter of Request, Proof of Ownership, Plot Plan, Vicinity Map, and the staff initials.
Occupancy Permit Application Form
One part of the inspection will require a surveyor to assess the property and the location to whether the desired business by the business owner will be suitable for the area. The business owner will have to fill out an Occupancy Permit Application Form to enable the start of the survey and assessment. An Assessment Form will be used by the surveyor to indicate his judgment and a set of qualifications. In the event that the surveyor has been satisfied with the quality of the premises and the suitability of the business, he will issue an Occupancy Permit for the business owner indicating the success of the owner’s application.
Federal Tax Registration Form
Taxes are also important aspects relating to businesses. There are numerous numbers of tax which are required for varying intentions. One of these is a Federal Income Tax which is collected from companies, businesses, and legal corporations on an annual basis for supplying a payment for the country’s government. Since opening a bakery store may require manpower or staff such as the baker and the front-of-house workers. To comply with the tax regulations and the tax obligations of a country, the business owner and enterprise must complete a Federal Tax Registration Form. This will allow the authority or the government to provide the business owner an employer identification number (EIN) or the Federal Tax Identification Number. This consist of a nine-digit number which is uniquely assigned to different business enterprises and companies to aid the government in identifying the business’ tax responsibilities.
State Tax Registration Form
Another type of tax which is to be paid by the business owner is a State Income Tax. The amount collected from this tax is served to the individual states of a country. Similar to the aforementioned Federal Tax, this income tax also requires the business or bakery owner to file a Tax Form. Specifically, a State Tax Registration Form is the needed document to be submitted and to be compiled by the owner. A Unified Business Identifier is often given to the tax applicant at the success of his registration.
Tax Certificate Form Sample
A Tax Certificate is another document which involves the payment of taxes. This is a certification that a business or property owner have fully paid his tax dues and have been complying with the tax regulations.
Business Name Application Registration Form
Every business needs a name and this will demand the use of a Business Name Application Registration Form. The form will have a set of instructions regarding the process and the do’s and don’ts of naming a business.
Three Tips for Naming a Bakery Business
Completing a Business Registration Form and naming a business is not as easy as naming a dog or a cat, it demands adequate strategy and attention to the state’s laws and regulations to avoid being sued or closed. Listed below are a few tips which a business owner may consider when naming his bakery business shop:
- Clarify your intention. The name should suggest the best product or sweetened goods that the head baker can offer for the clients, and not merely a summary or an overall description of the bakery itself. An example is naming the bakery as “The Baker’s Cookie Factory” for bakeries which cater mainly of cookies, instead of having “The Masterpiece” only.
- Think about what happens after five years. In this generation, bakers and chefs are becoming even more creative with their goods such as making cakes which burn yet still tastes good. With this, remember that the name which you will be having in your bakery will last for years, therefore, you should not limit the products with only cookies as the business name suggests. State an additional name such as “Baker’s Cookies and More” to open up opportunities in the future.
- Use a family name. This tip is the most common action when naming something which anyone can see in various places that “Mary’s Bakeshop” maybe at any street corner. When referring your family name, assure that the business name will not become a boring bakeshop.
Trademark Application Form Sample
Another tip for naming a bakery is assuring that a name has not been trademarked by other entities. This is to assure that your business will not be facing penalties and charges due to being a copycat and using the popularity of a name. Nonetheless, whenever the business owner has decided on a name, he will need to register his business name and trademark it for good. A Trademark Application Form is needed to fulfill the intention of the business owner in trademarking the name.
In the event that the business owner will allow another entity to use the brand, logo, or name of the bakery, he needs to create a Trademark License Agreement Form with the other party. This will highlight the limitations or boundaries of using the trademarked property and the obligations of both parties.
Cake Serving Guide Order Form Sample
Order Forms may be documents which are not mandatory papers for the government, however, these are helpful for managing the business.
For a bakery business, a Cake Order Form will be provided by the bakery staff for the clients to indicate their cake ideas and preferences. The form will have the number of layers required by the client, shape of the tiers, way of stacking, decorations, cake flavor, chosen icings and fillings of the cake. The delivery costs, labor fees, and the actual amount of the cake will be stated on the order form for the reference of the client.
Cupcake Order Form Sample
Other than wedding cakes, there are also bakeries who cater cupcakes. With this, a Cupcake Order Form is the right Order Form to be used.
Cupcake Order Form Essentials
A cupcake is a mini version of a cake which is often partnered with a tea or any beverages during snacks and parties. Since this is just the daughter of a cake, the Order Form for these sweetened goods will have a slightly similar sectioning and specifications from a Cake Order Form. Below are the essential parts of a Cupcake Order Form:
- The Day and the Date. Similar to other forms, the date needed is required to aid the bakers in scheduling appointments. Knowing the day of the week is also essential since there are some seasonal or weekly cupcakes which are to be baked and served only during a particular day, such as Cookies and Cream Cupcakes during Fridays or weekends.
- The Time of Pick Up. Some cupcakes are better eaten when freshly baked, while some are better when fully cooled. By knowing the time of pick up, the bakers will know when to start baking for the cupcakes to cater the best of its taste to their clients.
- The Client’s Billing and Contact Information. This includes the basic information and the delivery address of the client.
- The Cupcake Reference. Compared to a Cake Order Form where a number of tiers and way of stacking are necessary, cupcake order forms only require the client to choose the flavor, filling, frosting, and the flavored decorations for their cupcakes.
- The Payment. This is where the client will state his payment method and his credit card numbers for paying the total amount of his orders.
- The Authorization. The last area of the form may have a section of an Authorization Letter wherein the client is authorizing the bakery management to charge on his credit account for the bill. It should have the signature and the date when the client signed the order form.
Cake Contract Form Sample
Contract Agreements are also needed in the baking industry especially when dealing with a huge baking project for a client. In terms of cakes and pastry goods, a Cake Contract Form will have the laid terms and conditions of the bakery management. Regulations pertaining to cake changes and modifications will be stated including the Security Deposit which is needed for cakes that contain plates and other equipment. This deposit will be given back to the client on the day that the equipment was returned. Cancellation policies and the guarantees are also stated on the form to inform the client that there will be specific fines for cake cancellations that exceed the lockout date of the bakery.
Bakery Catering Contract Form
Some bakeries also cater their products to parties and events who aim for filling up the guests’ sweet teeth. A Bakery Catering Contract should be created and agreed by the caterer and the client. It will have the number of heads expected in the event, the buffet of baked goods and other food for the menu, special requests of the client, and the total amount due for the client.
Lastly, always remember the rules of your state or government to avoid fines and penalties, and list down these essential forms to start up your bakery business and aim for a better baking career.
Sample Business Tax Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Business Development Forms - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
15+ Business Forms for Car Dealers and other Vehicle-related ...
9+ Business Evaluation Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
Sample Business Management Forms - 7+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Business Proposal Form - 12+ Free Sample, Example Format
Sample Business Financial Statement Forms - 8+ Free Documents ...
Sample Business Evaluation Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
12 Business Insurance Form Samples
7+ Business Consent Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
Sample Business Declaration Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Business Letter Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
25 Sample Business Agreement Forms
Sample Business Sale Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Business Accounting Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...