There are a lot of things that a tattooist must know before opening his own tattoo shop or store, and one of these significant matters are the documents and legal forms that he must consider using for his business. Along with business license certificate forms, registration forms, and even budget forms that allocates the finances of the tattooist, a tattoo consent form should also be prepared for the tattooist’ clients and customers.
Tattoo Consent Form Sample
What Is a Tattoo Consent Form?
A tattoo consent form is a document that is created and used by tattooists or tattoo artists for their clients. The form is used to ensure that the client has granted a full permission to the artist to proceed in tattooing his body. One common benefit that is obtained by the tattoo artist when he uses this form is that it helps in protecting him from being held liable and responsible for future claims that the client may file due to medical issues and tattoo-related concerns that arise during and after the tattoo session.
Examples of Tattoo Consent Forms
There are tons of different tattoo consent forms that can vary on what type of tattoo services and clients are to be addressed in the document. Below are some examples of tattoo consent forms that tattooists and tattoo clients can use before any appointment will be made:
1. Eyebrow Embroidery Tattoo Consent Release Agreement Form – In today’s cosmetology industry, new products, techniques, and procedures are offered to a variety of target audiences on a monthly basis. One of the most bizarre is eyebrow embroidery and tattooing wherein the client’s brow area will be tattooed with pigments of ink to resemble a full and more defined brow. Since the eye area is delicate, experts and professionals who conduct these tattooing sessions must ensure that their clients have signed a tattoo consent release agreement before the start of the session. This form contains an information section where a general statement regarding the tattoo procedure are highlighted to inform the client about what he will be getting into.
A photography release consent is then indicated in order to allow the tattooist in taking images during the process of the tattoo sessions and to use the images for advertising his expert services. To agree and permit, the client must sign the release as well as enlist what instructions and special remarks he wants the tattooist to consider when taking photographs. Hazards, complications, and risks are also stated on the form which also requires the initial and signature of the client to imply an understanding and proceed to an agreement.
In addition to the aforementioned sections, a statement of consent and recitals section is incorporated in the form as well. This is for securing that the client has been informed about the instructions and the necessary actions to be done during the procedure along with the types of treatment to be used for the client’s needs. A client medical history form is also essential to be completed by the client as an accompanying document to the tattoo consent form. This aids the tattooist to know and acknowledge what possible reactions the client might have for the materials used for undergoing the procedure as well as the medications to be administered to the client to omit any triggering any underlying symptoms.
Eyebrow Embroidery Tattoo Consent Release Agreement Form
2. Laser Tattoo Removal Informed Consent Form – Tattoo consents are not only for those who want to have tattoos in their bodies but also for those who aim to remove the tattoo by undergoing a laser removal. This procedure is performed by a certified and licensed physician or a laser technician who specializes in removal and tattoo-related issues. With this, the client must first fill in a laser tattoo removal informed consent form before he will be allowed to have the procedure performed into his tattoos.
This form contains two pages that significantly lists the rules, regulations, precautions, and a set of instructions that the client must take note. The client’s name and the date when the client is appointed for the procedure are stated as the primary section of the form which is followed by a statement that focuses on granting a consent and an authorization for the physician or technician to perform the laser tattoo removal to the client. You may also see sample tattoo consent forms.
An acknowledgment section is also necessary to be indicated on the form since once it is signed, it serves as a proof that the client’s inquiries, questions, and requests regarding the removal procedures have been answered by the physician or technician before the procedure will begin. Along with the client’s signature, the laser technician must also sign the form to conclude the agreement. You may also see tattoo consent form samples.
Laser Tattoo Removal Informed Consent Form
3. Notarized Minor Child Tattoo Consent Form – The various tattoo trends that are booming on the Internet nowadays mostly leads to teenagers and younger individuals wanting to have tattoos and piercings in their body. However, before these children and youngsters will be able to avail the services of a tattooist, they must secure a signed minor child tattoo consent form from their parents or legal guardian. Some tattooist and artists also require the signed document to be sealed by a notary public to ensure that legal matters will be catered.
In the form, the identities of the involved parties, namely the parent and the minor, must be disclosed along with their residential address or location. The child’s birth date, age, and the description of the permitted tattoo must be indicated to inform the authorized officials of the state if the form is to be notarized and to inform the tattooist about his limitations of injecting inks or pigments into the body of the minor child. You may also see free consent form samples.
The parent or the child’s legal guardian must sign the form with the presence of a notary public who will also sign a sworn statement and affirmation regarding the cleared intentions and the preferences of the guardian in allowing his child to undergo a tattoo session. You may also see the consent form formats.
Notarized Minor Child Tattoo Consent Form
4. Permanent Tattoo Client Consent Form – Compared to the forms, this type of tattoo consent form has tables and columns that are allocated for the client’s answers and data. On the first part of the table, the client must write the name of the premises and its location where the tattoo sessions will be performed, the telephone number and the name of the operator, his general information ranging from his name to his age and date of birth, and the type of document that he can provide to prove that he is an individual who is of a legal age to get a tattoo.
The potential risks that the client may face such as scarring, blood poisoning, and swelling are enlisted on the second section of the form which is followed by an individual consent statement to be signed and dated by the client and the operator. Moreover, the client must also indicate if he was able to receive an aftercare advice sheet or not by the operator to assure that he will be provided with the right guide and manual in taking care of his tattoo. You may also see sample client consent forms.
Permanent Tattoo Client Consent Form
5. Tattoo Procedure Consent Form – This form has the most basic layout among all the enlisted tattoo consent forms. The first section of this form is for the client’s information which must include his work and home contact information. A list of terms and conditions are then supplied on the form to administer rules that the client needs to obey and remember before, during, and after the tattoo session or procedure is performed. After the statements are understood and acknowledged by the client, both he and the tattooer must affix their signatures in order to complete the form.
Tattoo Procedure Consent Form
How to Create a Simple Tattoo Consent Form
A simple tattoo consent form caters the basic yet essential keys to be incorporated in a legal consent for a business transaction with a client. In order to create this document, the steps below must be followed by a tattooist or a professional tattoo operator:
Step 1: Make a document header. This must have the logo of the tattoo service provider or the company of the tattooist and the address as well as the tattooist’s business contact information.
Step 2: Have an area for the client’s data. This area must be able to collect the name, age, date of birth, address, and the phone numbers of the client. Additionally, an emergency contact information can also be included as a precautionary strategy for uneventful situations where the client’s health becomes critical during the tattooing sessions.
Step 3: Enlist rules, acknowledgments, and conditions. This is the center of the consent form and the area where the client will be able to know about the procedure and whether he is a medically eligible individual for getting a tattoo. You may also see psychology consent forms.
Step 4: Indicate a consent and acknowledgment statement. The consent statement must focus on the client’s choice of granting permission for the procedure to be conducted while the acknowledgment statement should indicate that the client has agreed and understood all other statements included in the document. You may also see consent form samples.
Step 5: Incorporate a short medical questionnaire. Questions regarding the possibility that the client has blood-related illnesses, diseases, and even extreme fears of needles or other equipment to be used for tattooing should be enlisted as part of the firm’s medical questionnaire section.
Step 6: Allocate a signature block. This is the last section of the form where the client and the tattooist will affix their signatures to certify that the consent and other parts of the form have been agreed by both of them. You may also see sample parental consent forms.
Tattooing Consent Form Sample
Tips When Using Tattoo Consent Forms
When a tattooist or tattoo artist begins to use tattoo consent forms for his clients, he must be aware of what other matters that he needs to keep in mind as he receives the completed form. With this, the tips below will help tattooists of various artistic expertise to manage and use tattoo consent forms that they and their clients need:
1. Talk with the client. During the consultation process or the day when the client meets with the tattooist, both of them must be able to communicate their needs, expectations, and obligations. By having ample time in communicating with the client, a tattooist will be able to provide sufficient information about what the client will be dealing with and needs to be provided to complete the tattoo session. The consent form must then be presented to the client as well as explain the details and statements written on it to ensure that the client will be aware of the coverage of the consent which will be granted to the tattooist. You may also see consent form templates.
2. Record the form. There are many ways of keeping the consent form as part of a shop’s document archives such as filing the signed form itself with other related files physically. However, this can take up a lot of space in the shop of a tattooist, which is why the most efficient choices are either to scan the document or to take a photograph of it and upload the images to the system database of the tattooist’s shop or store. This ensures that the tattooist will be able to obtain the signed consents of his hundreds of customers even after they get out of the shop’s doors. You may also see basic consent forms.
3. Retain the document for seven years. It is possible that a tattoo client or customer will file claims and even sue a tattooist for the reactions and the output of a tattoo session years after the day that it was performed. This is why it is important that a tattooist will keep the consent form within a minimum of seven years and more, which depends on what the state or the country requires for tattoo business owners to comply. You may also see sample vaccine consent forms.
With the aforementioned varieties of consent forms along with the steps into creating one and the tips for using it, any tattooist will be able to have an assurance that he will be protected sufficiently by the laws governing his tattoo business if a client will be complaining about the tattooist’s tattoo services. Nevertheless, the tattooist must also do his other obligations such as explaining things to the client and conducting a follow-up to know if the client’s tattoos were taken care properly after the tattoo sessions. You may also see parental consent forms.
FREE 10+ Sample Parent Consent Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 10+ Parent Consent Form Samples in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 8+ Sample Tattoo Consent Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Privacy Consent Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Consent Form Samples in PDF | Excel | MS Word
FREE 42+ Consent Forms in PDF | MS Word | Excel
FREE 40+ Sample Consent Forms in PDF
FREE 9+ Video Consent Forms in PDF | MS word
FREE 8+ Travel Consent Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Business Consent Forms in PDF
FREE 8+ Dental Consent Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Survey Consent Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Vaccine Consent Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Sample Psychology Consent Forms in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Sample Photography Consent Forms in PDF | MS Word