Recommendations are always of help in every situation—activities, academics, internships, jobs, etc. It is especially handy if you are looking for job opportunities. Ideally, former company heads are the ones writing documents like these. And this formal document holds your employment history, work performance, work achievements, and work ethics, which employers are mostly looking for in an application document. If you are aiming to get your desired job positions, then you must have a well-written professional recommendation letter with you.
What is a Professional Recommendation Letter?
A recommendation letter is a formal document written by a previous employer on behalf of a former employee who is seeking for job openings. This document usually comes with the job applicant’s resume and application form. Recommendation letters highlight the attributes and capabilities of the applicant in their former employers’ perspectives. With this professional letter, the job applicant will surely secure a spot of getting their desired job positions.
8+ Sample Professional Recommendation Letters
Convince your future employers to hire you with a professionally made recommendation letters. You will have a smooth process of writing your recommendation letters using these sample formal letters as references. These documents are available in all versions of PDF to make things convenient for you.
1. Professional Recommendation Letter Example
2. Professional Job Recommendation Letter
3. Sample Job Reference Letter
4. Professional Reference/Recommendation Letter
5. Sample Letter of Recommendation
6. Recommendation Letter for Employment Sample
7. Sample Recommendation Letter Format
8. Example Professional Reference Letter
9. Professional Letter of Recommendation
Benefits of Professional Recommendation Letters
Asking for a recommendation letter from your previous employers or managers are a great help when you are looking for a new job. Some companies will ask for more than one reference letter attached to your application forms. Your future employers would use this formal document as a reference and see if you are suitable for the job. There are a lot of benefits of having a recommendation letter attached to your job application document. Here a few things you can gain with this professional letter.
1. It Boosts your confidence as an applicant: Having your former employers, supervisors, or managers write a recommendation letter for you is a great advantage when you are applying. Most employers trust the references of previous supervisors or managers in hiring potential employees. Recommendation letters lessen their chances of hiring less qualified applicants.
2. Evaluating your resumes will be easy: Recommendation letters usually come with your resume and application letter. Your potential employers will no longer have to spend a lot of time reading your resumes. Your former managers already endorsed you with your qualifications in the recommendation letter.
3. Confirms your qualifications in your resume: Your recommendation letters will prove your capabilities as an employee. Your previous employers’ opinion about your character and behavior as an employee matters the most to your future employers. Recommendation letters usually have the details your prospective employer needs that are not in your resume.
4. Increases chances of scoring an interview: Your recommendation helps you establish a positive impression as an employee even before being hired. Aside from getting advance than your co-applicants, you will have a higher chance of getting called for an interview.
How to Write a Professional Recommendation Letter
Recommendation letters are useful when you need to acquire jobs. Although it is traditionally significant in any academic purpose, it is also helpful in the business industry. It helps every applicant in getting the job they want in the field they chose. This document is also known as a job reference letter written by your former managers sent to your potential employers. If you are looking for ideas on how to write recommendation letters effectively, try reading these tips and steps listed below.
Step 1: Address the Recipient Formally
Just like any other professional letter, you must know who to address the recommendation letter. Make sure you placed the correct details about the recipient to avoid your recommendation letter getting lost. The letter address commonly includes the recipient’s full name, job position, and company address. You may start your message with formal greetings such as “Dear Mr./Mrs….” or “Greetings!”
Step 2: State Your Purpose Clearly
You must write your message in a direct and organized manner. Since you are creating a professional recommendation letter, you must state the name of the person you are recommending. You may include the job position they intend to apply to the company. Keeping your message short and simple will also help you recipient understand your intentions well.
Step 3: Highlight the Applicant’s Capabilities
You must be aware of what the job applicant is applying for, so you can endorse the applicant effectively. You must include the job applicants’ capabilities that are relevant to the job position. Recommendation letters are like character references. This formal letter gives the future employers of the applicants a glimpse of how potential and capable this particular candidate is to the job.
Step 4: Use a Clean and Organized Format
Writing a formal letter includes a clean format. A one-page recommendation letter is already enough to endorse an applicant. As mentioned earlier, it is better to keep your recommendation letters short and precise. You can also use sample professional recommendation letters available online. These documents are downloadable on any device you have. You can freely use it as your reference in creating your very own recommendation letters.
Step 5: Proofread and Revise Before Sending
It is necessary to proofread your message before printing or emailing them. Make sure you place the right information to avoid any misunderstandings and conflicts among your endorsed applicant’s potential employers. Revise things you find as errors, and you can proceed to print them on high-quality paper. You can also send your professional letters via email to make things convenient for both you and the recipient.
5+ Cooking Recommendation Letter - PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Recommendation Letters in PDF WORD
FREE 9+ Letter of Recommendation Sample
FREE 6+ Sample Letters of Recommendation
5+ Free Tenant Recommendation Letters - PDF, DOC
8+ Eagle Scout Recommendation Letter Form PDF DOC
5+ Thank You Letters for Recommendation - PDF, DOC
FREE 7+ Example Reference Letters in WORD PDF
FREE 9+ Reference Letter Samples in PDF WORD
FREE 8+ Letter of Reference Samples DOC
8+ Graduate School Recommendation Letters PDF DOC
6+ Free Letters of Recommendation - PDF
FREE 8+ Personal Letter of Recommendation Samples
6+ Job Recommendation Letters - PDF
FREE 7+ Reference Letter Examples in PDF WORD