A software distribution agreement form is a document that software developers use in order to protect their creations from misusage. The form will indicate a set of rules and regulations that are expected to be followed by the parties involved in the distribution.
Basically, the general information of the distributor and the owner of the software are stated on the form along with their agreed terms and conditions.
Software Distribution Agreement Form Sample
International Software Distribution Agreement
Significant Contents of a Software Distribution Agreement Form
General Agreement forms have numerous sections and statements that are essential for meeting the purpose of creating the document. However, when it comes to a software distribution agreement form, there are significant sections and contents that need to be included regardless of the type of software to be distributed. Stated below are some of the vital contents of this form:
- Scope – This refers to the specified location where the software is intended and allowed to be distributed as well as the certain products that will accompany its purchase. The exclusivity of the people who are permitted to acquire the software will also be stated in this section. You can also see purchase agreements.
- Terms of Payment – The focus of this section is to determine how the distributor will be able to provide his payment and how much he will pay for the succeeding months or years wherein he will use the software. Since countries around the world have varying rules and regulations relating to resale pricing, the software owner must include the fees that will accompany the production and software distribution.
- Obligations – This centers on distinguishing the different roles and responsibilities that each party in the sample agreement forms will need to comply. Details about how the distributor will advertise the product will also be indicated in this section along with the particular inventory process to be taken as part of purchasing the software.
- Intellectual Property Clause – This is the section that will highlight the exclusive rights of the software developer or owner to the product that the distributor have purchased. Additionally, this clause will also protect the rights of the distributor in order for him to fulfill his obligations and use the product based on the agreement done by him and the owner. You can also see service agreement forms.
- Termination – Agreements with regards to products and services are similar to any other contract agreements such as employment contracts where termination clauses are stated. The length of distribution and the date when the agreement will be terminated along with the specific reasons that cause a breach of contract are also included in this section.
Software Distribution Agreement Checklist Form
Software Distribution Agreement in DOC
Software Distribution Agreement Template
Tip for an Effective Software Distribution Agreement Form
When considering to have your developed software distributed, you must assure that you choose your distributor properly. The distributor must be knowledgeable about legal forms and documents that must be present for your agreement and distribution. Along with this is one thing that you must remember when beginning to create your software distribution agreement form, which is to secure that you have indicated every bit of the terms and conditions applicable for the usage of your software. Nonetheless, in the event that the agreement has not been settled yet, you have additional rules, you can create an addendum to your contract that will state the new regulations.
7 Change in Accounting Forms – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples and Formats
9 General Accounting Forms – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples and Formats
6 Health Accounting Forms – Free Downloadable Samples, Examples and Formats
Types of Accounting Forms?
20+ Accounting Forms in PDF
7+ Business Accounting Form Samples
6+ Account Report Form Samples
40 Sample Estimate Forms
What are Accounting Forms?
Uses of Accounting Forms
What are Financial Accounting Forms?
40+ Estimate Forms in PDF
6+ Ledger Account Form Samples
8+ Sample Business Accounting Forms
7+ Sample Loan Estimate Forms