Each company has different goals for why they do business, but the general goal for companies and entrepreneurs is to make sure that their business generates enough income to stay afloat, and if possible, expand their business. These goals are not going to be possible if the company faces lawsuits all the time, so it is important for any company to use Release Forms or Release of Liability Forms for them to be released of any legal liabilities in the future, before they perform any task or procedure. Our forms below are easy to download and are mostly in PDF format for easier printing and perusal to be used as basis for your own forms.
Sample Medical Release Forms
Medical Records Release Form
Sample Emergency Medical Release Form
Sample Medical Release to Return to Work Form for Employees
Sample Parental Permission and Medical Release Form
Sample Sports Participation Medical Release Form
Sample Photo Release Forms
Sample Student Photo Release Form
Sample Parental Photo Consent and Release Form
Sample Minor Photo Release Form
Sample Child Care Photo Release Form
HIPAA Release Form Sample
Sample HIPAA Medical Information Release Form
Standard HIPAA Privacy Authorization Form
Sample Model Release Forms
Free Sample Model Release Form
Model Photo Release Form Sample
Sample Minor Model Release Form
What Is a Release Form?
A Release Form is a legal document used for various purposes, but the main thing is that it is entered into by two parties. One party, called the releasor, releases the other party, called the releasee, from any legal liabilities in the future. Although this may be the main use of a Release Form, there are also various uses that come with different formats. Since the laws nowadays are getting more defined and specific, and industries are innovating each day, the use of Release Forms is becoming more global.
Advantages of Using Release Forms
There are various advantages to using Release Forms, depending on what it is going to be used for and what field of business the user is in. But here are the general advantages one can get out of using Release Forms:
- Ensures Consumer Loyalty
You may be wondering just how Release Forms would ensure consumer loyalty when they are used primarily for the benefit of the business. The key is professionalism. If your customer sees that you are legally ready for any unforeseeable event and you take Business Forms, such as Release Forms, seriously, then they are sure to be impressed. Not only that; they will feel safe in choosing your company because they know that you are professional enough. Also, if you do not have signed Release Forms, it will be so hard for you whenever a customer would decide to take legal action against you. This can affect the reputation of your company, which can also affect the loyalty of your existing customers and reduce new customers wanting to do business with you.
- Protects Customer’s Privacy
There are various laws mandated to protect a person’s right to privacy, and any violation of such law is subject to legal action. It is very important for a business to be aware of these information as improper release of details about a customer or an employee can actually affect the brand of the business as well as the loyalty of its stakeholders. In addition to this, fixing the problem and putting things back all together can consume a lot of time, effort, and money. This is why it is recommended to use a Release of Information Forms before releasing information about your constituents or customers to document their approval and consent.
- Saves Time and Resources
Release forms can take time when it comes to its creation. This is the reason why templates are suggested to be used. This way, you can identify the proper formatting that can be applied in putting all the details together. This will also help you to focus on the needs of your business in relation to the subject matter. It will do you good to utilize pre-made Release Forms and other Business Forms when you can so you can have a faster time in creating the specific document that you need.
- Easier to Organize
Because our pre-made Release Forms are properly labelled, they are easier to organize. That way, if you ever need them in the future, you will not have to go through so many forms to find the ones you need. It will also save your office from too much clutter because everything is organized and in places where they should be. Although online and electronic forms are preferred by some companies nowadays, what with the many innovations in technology, there are certain disadvantages to using online and electronic forms. One example of those disadvantages is that they are much more prone to hacking and because of that, they need to be constantly and properly maintained.
Because of the myriad of advantages to using Release Forms, there are also a wide variety of businesses that use them in their transactions. In a world where verbal agreements are not enough, it is best always to legally document everything.
Sample Media Release Forms
Sample Student Media Release Consent Form
Sample Photo Release Form
Sample Social Media Release Form
Sample General Release Forms
Free General Release Form Sample
General Photo/Video Release Form
General Release and Waiver of Liability Form
Sample Video Release Forms
Standard Photography and Video Release Form Sample
Sample Video/Photo Release Form
Sample Information Release Forms
Sample HIPAA Release of Information Form
Sample Medical Information Release Form
Sample Information Release Authorization Form
Sample Release of Lien Form
Sample Vehicle Lien Release Form
Medical Release Forms
These are Release Forms used in the medical setting:
- Medical Records Release Forms – In accordance to the HIPAA or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, healthcare providers, health insurance providers, and other third party or independent contractors who deal with sensitive and protected patient health information are not allowed to release or disclose such information without prior written authorization from the patient. This act allows the patients to partially control the information being disclosed about their health. There are various instances wherein a Medical Records Release Form may or may not be necessary. It is important for any healthcare provider to be able to distinguish between the two.
- Medical Emergency Release Forms – Using a medical emergency release form is very important especially for academic institutions as it will allow them to be prepared when it comes to emergencies where a student needs medical attention but his/her parents are not within the vicinity. There is a certain procedure to be followed during medical emergencies. First, they contact the child’s parent or guardian. If they cannot reach him or her, then they proceed to calling the child’s doctor. If they are also unable to reach the doctor, they can take the child to the listed preferred healthcare facility.
- Medical Release to Return to Work Form for Employees -Employers need to ensure that an employee who has been absent from work due to sickness is already well when returning to the workplace. It is very important for the employee to be on good working condition so that he/she can function well. More so, this will allow the security of the health of the other employees. The use of medical release to return to work form for employees can help with regards this manner. It should also be stated if there are any restrictions and limitations to the tasks that the employee can perform upon returning to work. For example, if he is not allowed to do heavy lifting, it should be stated in this form. This will help the employer be sure that the employee has fully recuperated. If not, it will help the employer create an environment that is conducive for the full recuperation of the employee.
- Sports Participation Medical Release Form – Minors who would like to participate in sports need to acquire a sports participation medical release form. This form should be filled by the parents or legal guardian of the minor so that the sports organizations in charge of the event will have authority to do medical actions in case of emergency. Playing sports can be dangerous, so it is important that there is a form of directive that will guide the organization during medical emergencies. This form may state that it is allowed for the staff of the organization to administer first aid or arrange for the child’s transport to a nearby or preferred healthcare facility if the parent or guardian cannot be reached.
Photo Release Forms
These are used prior to releasing a person’s image on any publications and other platforms:
- Student Photo Release Form – This allows schools and universities to release a student’s image or video for whatever purpose it may serve, which is usually for advertising purposes. The student’s image may be posted on the school’s website and downloaded by a third party. In such cases, this Release Form will release the school from any legal liability for the consequences of such unauthorized uses.
- Parental Photo Consent and Release Form – This is used to gain a parent’s consent to allow the use of his or her child’s image for whatever purpose is stipulated on the Release Form. Any use outside of those authorized by the parent and stipulated on the Release Form may be subject to legal action.
HIPAA Release Forms
This is just another term for Medical Records Release Forms, which are used in accordance with the HIPAA. Covered entities that need to use this Release Form prior to releasing patient health information include medical facilities, health insurance providers, and any third party or independent contractor that deals with such sensitive and protected patient health information.
Accident Release Forms
Agreement and Conditional Accident Release Forms
Conditional Accident Release Form
Vehicle Accident Release Form
Photography Release Forms
Standard Photography Release Form
Photo/Testimonial Release Forms
Model Photography/Videography Release Document Form
Video Release Forms
Generic Video Release Form
Basic Photo/Video Release Form
Video Interview Release Form
Sample Copyright Release Form
Sample Copyright Release Agreement Form
Sample Photographer’s Copyright Release Form
Artist Copyright Release Form
Logo Copyright Release Form
Photographer’s Copyright Consent Form
Model Release Forms
Model Release Forms are used by modelling agencies prior to releasing the images and videos of their models. This form states that all rights and claims to the images belong to the agency; therefore, they may use these for whatever purpose these may serve, and they may post it on all necessary platforms to reach their target audience. If the agency wishes to use it for various purposes, it should be stated explicitly because any unauthorized use or use that is outside of the ones stipulated on the form, are unacceptable.
Not only does this protect the modelling agencies but the models as well, since they can add any necessary stipulations to the Release Form to make them more comfortable with the release of their image. Such stipulations could include the preferences of the model when it comes to the images, such as not allowing the use of Photoshop to enhance the quality of the photos. In this form, the names and signatures of both the model and the photographer should be included. If the model is a minor or under the age of 18, the name and signature of his parent or guardian, and his birth date, would have to be stated as well.
Media Release Forms
Media Release Forms are the forms that are used to ensure that an individual is aware that his/her photos and/or information can be used for marketing purposes. The usage of media release forms is beneficial for the following entities:
- Event photographers
- Publishers and editors
- Media directors and personnel
- Any other officers whose functions are related to media and marketing release
Using a media release form entitles organizations to use photos, videos, and other information just like it was their property. Hence, they have no obligations if the details specified by a person will be shown in publicity, advertising and marketing materials when they have a signed media release form on hand.
Information to Be Included on Release Forms
- Releasor – This is the person who promises not to sue or take any legal action against the business organization or any other company stipulated on the Release Form.
- Releasee – This is the business organization or any other company that is at risk of being sued.
- Effective Date – This is the term of effectivity of the Release Form. This states when it will start and when it will end.
- Event – This is the description of event, activity, or circumstances being held.
- Consideration – This is the amount of money, promised action, or something of value given in return for signing the Release Form.
21 Print Release Forms in PDF
22 Print Release Form Templates
22 Print Release Form Examples
9+ Sample Reference Release Forms
10+ Photo Release Form Samples
7+ Release of Medical Information Forms
9+ Sample Photographer Release Forms
8+ Sample Photo Copyright Release Forms
11+ Film Release Form Samples
22+ Sample Release Forms
10 Generic Photo Release Form Samples – Free Sample, Example Format Download
27 Sample Print Release Forms
21 Free Print Release Forms
The Value of Photography Release Forms
8+ Image Release Form Samples