Every business organization has to protect the interests of their business and ensure the continuity of their company. In doing so, they are required to keep records of various Legal Forms that would come in handy during certain occasions. One of the many forms that businesses keep is Release Forms. We have templates of Release Forms available on this page. You may browse through them for further information. These forms are easy to download and edit to suit the needs of your own business. You will also find various types here, such as Photo Release Form Templates, HIPAA Release Form Templates, and many more for other purposes.
Photo Release Form Templates
Student Photo Release Form Template
Release for Use of Photos Form Template
Simple Internet/Photo Release Form Template
Media Release Form Templates
General Media Release Form Template
Media Release Consent Form Template
Student Media Release Consent Form Template
Standard Media Release Form Template
Video Release Form Templates
Standard Photography and Video Release Form
Photography and Video Release Form
Photo/Video Release Form Template
Student Video Release Form Template
What Is a Release Form?
A Release Form is a document used by various parties to protect their company or organization from any legal claims or liabilities in the future. There are usually only two parties mentioned on a Release Form. The first party is the releasor, who is the one who gives up his rights to sue or make any claims on the other party, called the releasee. These two parties sign a Release Form to go into such an agreement. Depending on the purpose of the Release Form and the field of business of the releasee, there are various formats and stipulations on a Release Form. You may also see our General Release Forms if you want an overview of what General Release Forms look like. If not, you may read on to find out who the most common users of Release Forms are.
Common Users of Release Forms
- Photo studios, film-making companies, producers, modelling agencies, and other companies in the media industry utilize Release Forms such as Photo Release Forms and Video Release Forms, among others, to transfer all rights and claims on the material – whether it is a video, photo, or film – to the producer, photographer, or videographer. This would mean releasing all rights and claims the model or subject of the material may have, thereby preventing them from claiming that they own the material.
- Healthcare facilities, health insurance providers, and any facility that deals with sensitive and protected patient health information would also need too use Release Forms, such as Medical Records Release Forms, before they can disclose any information to another facility or company for whatever purpose it may serve. This is in accordance to the HIPAA or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 that has a privacy rule that protects the privacy of all patients.
- Educational institutions and businesses would also need Release Forms during situations wherein the students or employees would need to have their information released to another party. So that the disclosure of information will not be deemed unlawful or a violation of a person’s right to privacy, a Release of Information Form would have to be filled out. An example of such situations is when an employee is applying at another company and would need to undergo employment verification by his new employer. The new employer would then need access to the employment history of the employee and a Release Form would have to be signed so that the previous employer can provide such information needed for verification of employment.
Aside from the aforementioned users, there are a lot of other users of Release Forms. Whenever you think of a situation that a company would want to protect themselves from legal liabilities or claims in the future before performing a certain procedure or task, you can almost be sure that there is a Release Form involved. That being said, you can be sure to think that Release Forms are very important. Read on to find out more on the importance of Release Forms.
Photography Release Form Templates
Photography Release Form Template
Photography Consent Form Template
Photography Consent/Model Release Form for Minor Children Template
Sample Model Photography Release Form Template
HIPAA Release Form Templates
HIPAA Medical Release Form Template
HIPAA Release of Information Authorization Form Template
Print Release Form Templates
Sample Print Release Form Template
Client Print Release Form Template
Free Client/Print Release Form Template
General Release Form Templates
General Media Release Form Template
General Photo Release Form Template
General Authorization to Release Information Form Template
Talent Release Form Templates
Free Talent Release Form Template
Model/Talent Release Form Template
Photo/Audio/Video Talent release Consent Form Template
Release Forms and Their Importance
- Release Forms protect your business or company by ensuring its continuity. Having to face too many lawsuits can spell the end of a business because legal proceedings are very costly and time-consuming. Not only that; having to face a lawsuit can very well affect the reputation of your company, which would affect the loyalty of your consumers. It is like a domino effect that could only go downhill.
- Aside from protecting your business, Release Forms also exist to protect your consumers. One good example is the use of HIPAA Release Forms. This type of Release Form goes by many other names, but the bottom line is that it is used by medical facilities and health insurance companies to be signed by patients who wish to have their health information disclosed to another party, such as their employers. Aside from this, Model Release Forms are also a good example. Aside from protecting the producer or photographer from any legal claims, it is also used to protect the models who enter modelling contracts. They can add certain stipulations to ensure that their interests are also protected and to make sure that the performance they will have to do will not in any way violate their dignity.
Our Release Form Templates are properly labelled, which makes it easy to organize and prevent any clutter in your office. Properly organizing your Business Forms can help you easily locate them whenever the need for you to present them would arise. Using pre-made Release Forms can also help you save time and resources and focus on other productive areas of your business instead.
Media Release Forms
In our world where technology is innovating every day, there are various media platforms that exist. You can watch news on the television, hear them on the radio, or read them on newspapers, either online or in paper form. There are social media platforms that also release news and press releases every day. Because of this, Media Release Forms have grown increasingly more important.
Before any publisher, editor, media director, or any other personnel in the media industry can release information or news about a certain individual or entity, they would have to have a Media Release Form signed so that they can be released of legal liability. Like Model Release Forms, this type of Release Form protects the interests of both the releasor and the releasee. We have a General Media Release Form below that you can use as a template for your own.
Parts of a Media Release Form
- The names and signatures of both the releasor and the releasee, along with contact information and addresses
- Production details, such as the title and the date
- Explicit statement of the transfer of all rights and claims to the material from the releasor to the releasee
- Explicit statement of the authorization to release the material on all platforms deemed necessary by the releasee
- The names and signature of the parent/s or guardian/s of the releasor, if he is a minor or a child under the age of 18
Copyright Release Form Templates
Free Copyright Release Form Template
Video Copyright Release Form Template
Free Photograph Copyright Release Form Template
Release of Information Form Templates
Authorization to Release Information Form Template
Authorization to Release Protected Health Information Form Template
Authorization for Release of Confidential Information Form Template
Release Consent Form Templates
Information Release Consent Form Template
Emergency Medical Consent Form Template
Video Release Consent Form Template
Photographic Consent and Release Form Template
Release of Waiver Form Templates
Free Waiver Release Form Template
Volunteer Waiver and Release Form Template
Video Waiver Release Form Template
Emergency Medical Consent Form
Whenever a child is under the care of a temporary guardian, such as a school, university, babysitter, or a relative, an Emergency Medical Consent Form can be used to document a parent or permanent guardian’s consent for the child to get medical treatment while under the care of the temporary guardian. This will protect the child in case of a medical emergency and the parent or permanent guardian cannot be reached after all efforts have been made. You may also see our Child Medical Consent Forms for more downloadable samples and information.
Parts of an Emergency Medical Consent Form
- The names of the parent/s or permanent guardian/s of the child, along with their signatures, addresses, and contact details
- The name of the child and his birth details, such as birth date and location of birth
- The explicit statement of the parent or permanent guardian giving consent to the temporary guardian to facilitate the medical treatment of the child during a medical emergency
- The explicit statement that all financial liabilities of the child’s medical care still belong to his parent/s or permanent guardian/s
- A list of medications the child is currently taking
- Any present medical condition that needs special attention
- Any known allergies to food or medication
- The parents or permanent guardians’ preferred medical facility or physician to take the child to
- The child’s health insurance information
- The name of the temporary guardian, along with his signature, address, and contact details
- The date the Emergency Medical Consent Form was signed
The information on the Emergency Medical Consent Form is important to determine the course of medical treatment for the child, and so the temporary guardian will be made aware of allergies to medication that could worsen the condition of the child if it remained unknown. When it comes to our health, it is always best to be prepared at all times. Our health is our wealth, and we all do what we can to make sure we stay physically and mentally healthy. For this, you may browse through our Health Forms for other health needs you may have.
HIPAA Release Forms
Healthcare providers, health insurance companies, and other covered entities that deal with sensitive patient health information require the use of HIPAA Release Forms. Covered entities also include third party companies or independent contractors that deal with patient health information and fall under the definition of business associates.
HIPAA Release Forms are used in compliance with the HIPAA or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. This act has a privacy rule that prevents any unlawful and unauthorized disclosure of a patient’s health information. In line with this, patients have partial control over the disclosure of their information. It is only partial because there are exemptions to this act. An example is when healthcare facilities are required by law to release a patient’s health information to report a suspected child abuse case to state child welfare agencies. Another example is when they are required by law to disclose information to law enforcement officers to aid in locating suspects, witnesses, or missing persons.
Sample Copyright Release Forms - 7+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Work Release Form - 10+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
9+ Sample Release of Lien Forms
Sample Location Release Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
9+ Artwork Release Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Liability Release Forms - 10+ Free Documents in PDF, Word
Sample Medical Records Release Form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
9+ Interview Release Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
Sample Model Release form - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
8+ Property Release Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Media Release Forms - 10+ Free Documents in PDF
Patient Release Form Template
Sample General Release Form - 10+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Beneficiary Release Forms - 7+ Free Documents in Word ...
Sample Model Release Form - 11+ Free Documents in PDF