Performance appraisals are essential for the growth of an organization or a company since this procedure addresses concerns, issues, and weaknesses of a member or an employee. For this, performance appraisal forms must be prepared by the company to document an appraiser’s evaluation and suggestions.
Employee Performance Appraisal Form
What Is a Performance Appraisal Form?
A performance appraisal form is used by companies and organizations to document and record the evaluation of the management about an individual’s performance within a specified evaluation and assessment period. Most importantly, the form is also used for future appraisals to serve as a guide in determining the improvements and the progress of the one being evaluated. In addition, a performance appraisal form can also be used as a tool for proving an individual’s eligibility for promotions and other perks in lieu of his high appraisal results.
Warehouse Staff Performance Appraisal Form
Essential Elements of Performance Appraisal Forms for Employees
- Employee information: In an employee performance appraisal form, the employee who is being appraised should be identified by indicating the employee’s name, job title, department assignment, hire date, and employment length.
- Position description: To properly evaluate, assess, and appraise an employee, the supervisor or the appraiser should define the employee’s key roles, responsibilities, goals, and the company’s expectations of what the employee should accomplish. Moreover, this element of the form can be filled out by the appraiser by gathering the previous appraisal of the employee and incorporating the results into this element as the basis for the current appraisal.
- Performance factors and ratings: This element will consist of a list of the performance factors to be evaluated and be scored or rated by the appraiser. The employee’s expertise in his position, his daily work approach, the overall quality and quantity of his work, his leadership skills, and his interpersonal skills are some of the factors to be evaluated in an employee performance appraisal form.
- Action plans and development goals: This is where the appraiser can state the performance objectives which must be met by the employee as well as the development plans to be reviewed in the next appraisal period. The appraiser can also enlist procedures, training programs and other suggestions which can help the employee improve his weak areas and maintain the areas where he is excellent in.
- Employee comments and responses: After the results of the appraisal is shared to the employee along with the goals suggested by the appraiser, the employee must disclose his opinions and comments about the performance appraisal. In addition, the employee can also indicate whether he will file an appraisal or evaluation appeal in lieu of his results or if he sees other ways and methods to help him improve.
Varieties of Performance Appraisal Forms
Clinical Staff Performance Appraisal Form – This performance appraisal form is intended to be used after an employee’s training period or program is completed. The form will document the appraiser’s observation about the clinical staff’s training results, mental alertness, dependability, and initiative throughout the training program. In addition, there is also a separate section for the other factors to be evaluated by the appraiser which includes the staff’s general appearance, voice quality, enthusiasm, and techniques when handling with patients and other staff members.
Clinical Staff Performance Appraisal Form
Leadership Performance Appraisal Form – Employees who are leading teams in the company are the subjects of a leadership performance appraisal form. The demographics of the employee will be stated in the first section of the form which is followed by the general instructions and rating scales to be used by the appraiser. The success factors of the employee will be the focus of the form. Moreover, the appraiser should indicate the employee’s overall performance rating as well as the final comments of the company’s supervisor and the employee himself.
Leadership Performance Appraisal Form
Staff Performance Appraisal Form – Staff members are appraised differently from employees due to their employment status in the company. For a company’s staff members, a staff performance appraisal form must be used by the assigned appraiser. The form is composed of three sections. The first section is allotted for documenting the personal particulars of the staff being appraised while the second section indicates the identities of both the staff and the appraiser. The third section, on the other hand, is intended for the performance assessments and ratings given by the appraiser along with his comments and recommendations.
Staff Performance Appraisal Form
Teacher Performance Appraisal Form – In order for teachers to continually improve their teaching techniques and other abilities, an educational institution must conduct teacher performance appraisals. The results of the appraisal will then be stated in an appraisal form where the teacher will be able to know what the appraiser have observed and how he can address or meet the appraiser and the institution’s needs. After the appraiser completes the form, the teacher’s academic supervisor or mentor must sign the form as well as the institution’s principal and inspecting officer.
Teacher Performance Appraisal Form
Tips in Creating and Completing Performance Appraisal Forms
When completing performance appraisal forms, an appraiser should focus on one trait at a time. This is essential to be noted when remembering the characteristics, behaviors, and the skills of the subject of the appraisal especially if there are several factors to be appraised. Moreover, the ratings given in one factor or trait must not affect the rest of the remaining items to be evaluated to ensure that pure and honest observations are stated in the appraisal.
Performance Appraisal Form in DOC
Performance Appraisal Form in PDF
Performance Appraisal Form in XLS
On the other hand, when creating performance appraisal forms, the document-maker must enlist the standards and preferences of the organization who will be using the forms. This includes the organization’s document measurements, font-styles, and the qualities to be appraised or be evaluated. Additionally, the format that the organization wants to use should also be which can either be in “.PDF” or portable document file format, in “.DOC” or word document file format, or in “.XLS” or spreadsheet format. Each format varies in its features and its suitability to the purpose and goal of the organization which is why identifying the preferred format should be based on the devices to be used and the appraisal methods of the organization.
9+ Sample Annual Appraisal Forms
8+ Sample Staff Performance Appraisal Forms
10+ Sample Appraisal Request Forms
8+ Staff Appraisal Form Samples
7+ Sample Appraisal Order Forms
9+ Sample Employee Appraisal Forms
8+ Jewelry Appraisal Form Sample
12+ Sample Performance Appraisal Forms
7+ Sample Car Appraisal Forms
8+ Sample Annual Appraisal Forms
9 Customer Appraisal Form Samples
7+ Sample Pre Appraisal Forms
7+ Auto Appraisal Form Samples
8 Business Appraisal Form Samples – Free Sample, Example Format Download
7 Sample Appraisal Disclosure Forms