If you are relocating to a new residence, you might be asked for a landlord reference. This is simply a reference letter signed by your previous landlord stating that you have lived on the premises for an indicated amount of time, and that you were basically a good, responsible tenant who pays rent. As you can expect, such a reference is helpful to secure you a new tenancy.
If your landlord would rather have you come up with a letter that they would only have to sign, we have provided you with a list of free samples of downloadable Landlord Forms to help you get started.
Previous Landlord Reference Form
Generic Landlord Reference Form
Landlord Tenant Reference Form Example
Landlord Reference Check Form in PDF
How to Use These Templates
These forms are varied in their scope of information, but you will quickly notice that any good landlord reference will include these details:
- Name of tenant
- (Include number of additional tenants if applicable)
- Name of previous landlord
- Address of previous residency
- Duration of stay
- Contact information of previous landlord (contact number, e-mail address)
- Space for name and dated signature of both signatories (landlord and tenant)
Other details your future landlord will be interested in knowing:
- Whether you paid your rent on time
- Whether parking space was included at the residence
- Whether you have any pets and whether they caused any problems
- Whether there were any problems/complaints with your tenancy from other tenants
Tips for a Reference That Will Win Confidence
Indicate honesty, responsibility, and professionalism through your reference by having these elements covered:
- Make sure the reference letter is dated at the top.
- Address the reference letter directly and courteously to your prospective landlord: “Dear Mr. Smith.”
- Include the contact information of your previous landlord. Some landlords might want to call up your previous landlord to ask further questions about your tenancy. Providing a number for them to do this shows you have nothing to hide.
Landlord Reference Request Form Free
Landlord Reference Verification Form
Current Landlord Reference Form Sample
Landlord Reference Authorization Form
Whether you are just starting out with a residential property you want to rent out, or are looking to improve and streamline your rental business, you can find all the resources for letters, forms, and notices on SampleForms.com.
You might be interested in starting with looking up the most commonly needed forms in the job description of landlords:
- Rental Applications. These are like job application forms but tailored for those candidates looking for residency. Will greatly help streamline the process of selecting your tenants.
- Room Rental Agreement Templates. These are contracts for when you are renting out a room instead of a larger residential unit as a whole apartment or building.
- House Lease Contracts. For when you are leasing (renting) out a residential building instead of an apartment unit.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement Templates. For when you are expecting visitors renting for a season.
- Eviction Notice Templates. At some point or another, you will always need these.
You might also be interested in checking out some free download samples of Rental Agreement Forms. These are contracts signed between you and your landlord that allow you to live on the rented premises as long as you agree to the terms (tenancy rules, rent payment, etc.).
10+ Sample Deposit Receipt Forms
Sample Residential Lease Application Form - 9+ Free Documents in ...
Lease Extension Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Rent Application Sample - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample House Rental Application - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Residential Lease Agreement Samples - 10+ Free Documents in ...
Reference Letter Examples - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Rental Lease Agreement Sample Forms - 9+ Free Documents in ...
32+ Free Verification Forms
Sample Rental Contract Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Real Estate Lease Forms - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Recommendation Letter From Employer - 9+ Free ...
Sample Apartment Rental Application Form - 8+ Free Documents in ...
Sample Tenant Application Form - 10+ Free Documents in Doc, PDF
Sample Tenancy Deposit Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF