Medical care facilities, such as hospitals and clinics, require their patients, especially their new patients, to fill out Patient Information Forms. This form, as the name suggests, contains patient information and other necessary supplementary information needed to determine the course of treatment of a patient.
The information on these forms, such as demographic information, are also used for research purposes, to determine the prevalence of various diseases in certain age and gender groups. This will help the health department of a country in planning the prevention or elimination of such diseases. Oftentimes, annual information is also recorded and used for such purposes.
New Patient Information Form
Dental Office New Patient
Release of Patient Records
Definition of a Patient Information Form
A Patient Information Form is filled out by patients for when they want to have a check-up for certain symptoms, when they have to undergo a certain medical procedure, and when they are admitted into a medical care facility. The information on these forms are considered confidential and protected, so in compliance with the privacy rule under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), any medical care company, health insurance company, or any other company dealing with sensitive patient information would need to have a Release of Information Form signed by the patient in question before they can release such patient information for whatever purpose it may serve.
Information to be Included on Patient Information Forms
- Personal Information: This includes demographic information and personal details of the patient. This information is also commonly found on General Information Form Samples.
- Health Insurance Information: This will let the hospital be aware of what insurance provider to contact or submit a medical or health insurance claim to.
- Medical Information: This includes information on family, medical, and social history, along with information on current medical conditions, allergies to medication or food, and medications being taken. This is crucial information as it will assist the physician in determining the course of medical treatment for the patient.
Complete Patient Information
Signing a Patient Information Form
Signing any form or document means that you agree with the terms and conditions stipulated on it. This is why it is best to always read or go through the things on a contract or form before you affix your signature on it, because there may be terms you do not particularly agree with.
For Patient Information Forms, we have provided a few examples of what it means when you sign one. If you have a business and a supplier, you may also see our Vendor Information Forms for collecting information about your suppliers. This is one way to ensure proper management of information and helps you get the most of what you are paying for.
- Accurate and complete information: Signing a Patient Information Form means that you attest that all information on it is true and complete to the best of your knowledge.
- Release of Information: This can also mean that you approve the authorized release of patient health information, such as when filing a medical claim.
How Often Should a Patient Information Form be Updated?
Just like any other information forms, such as Parent Information Forms, it is important to update the necessary information once they change or once there are new information to add. Information Forms should always be up to date.
Sample Customer Information Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word ...
7+ Patient Feedback Form Samples - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Sample Parent Information Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Student Information Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Information Request Forms - 8+ Free Documents in Word ...
Release of Information Form - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample School Information Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Sample Vendor Information Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Health Information Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Employment Declaration Form Samples - 8+ Free Sample, Example ...
Sample Personal Information Forms - 8+ Free Documents in PDF
Patient Release Form Template
9+ Emergency Release Form Samples - Free Sample, Example ...
Sample Release of Information Form - 12+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Tenant Information Forms - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF