Any job application would require you to submit a cover letter along with your resume or curriculum vitae. A cover letter allows you to provide additional information on your skills and experience. Through your cover letter, you have the chance to show the employer why you stand out from the rest of the applicants, what traits make you unique. Here we have Sample Letters formulated specially for teachers. Read on for more samples.
Physical Education Teacher Cover Letter
Entry Level Teacher Cover Letter
Student Teacher Cover Letter
Cover Letter for a Teacher Job Application
First Grade Teacher Cover Letter
Elements of a Good Cover Letter
The kind of Teacher Cover Letters teachers write would depend on what type of teacher you are, but it should essentially contain these elements:
- Highlight your achievements as a teacher.
- Include any relevant certifications and training.
- State any work-related activities outside the classroom, like if you have experience with volunteering work, particularly one that involves working with children.
- Choose words that show your passion and enthusiasm for being a teacher and for working with the school you chose to apply to. Show them that you want to work for them and why you want to work for them.
- Focus on what you can do for the school and what you can contribute if given the chance to be employed.
- Customize your cover letter. Make it yours. Show details that are specific to the position and school you are applying to. This will show the school that you are eager to work with them because you did your research on them.
- Request for the employer to contact you for an interview even if you’re not sure that you will be invited in for an interview. This will show them that you take charge of situations and are a positive thinker.
History Teacher Cover Letter
Dance Teacher Cover Letter
Graduate Teacher Cover Letter
Generic Teacher Cover Letter
Parts of a Cover Letter for Teachers
- Header: Shows what school and school district you are applying to. Address it to the hiring authority in the school district.
- Salutation: Try to include the name of the person you are addressing it to. If you can’t, you may use a generic salutation.
- First paragraph: State what position you are applying for, and where you heard of the job vacancy.
- Second paragraph: State the reasons why you are qualified. Outline any previous experiences and achievements.
- Third paragraph: Here you can include what you know about the school you are applying to. It is also here where you can show the employer that you did you research and that you understand the school’s goals and objectives.
- Closing paragraph: This is where you put your contact details. You should also indicate that you would welcome an opportunity to be invited for an interview. This is also where you thank the employer for reviewing your letter.
A good Cover Letter can help you land that interview, which would make you one step closer to having that job. Make sure you prepare your Teacher Recommendation Letters in time for that job offer.
Letter of Recommendation Sample - 9+ Free Documents in PDF
Sample Resignation Letter - 9+ Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Recommendation Letter - 10+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
8+ Letter of Introduction Samples
Example Letters of Recommendation
Sample Recommendation Letter For Student - Free Documents in ...
Example Reference Letters - 9+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Formal Letter Sample - 8+ Free Documents in Word, PDF
Resignation Letter Sample - 8+ Free Documents in Doc
Sample Reference Letter - 10+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Resignation Letter - 8+ Free Documents in Word, pDF
Sample Business Letter - 9+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample College Letter of Recommendation - 8+ Free Documents in ...
Letter of Resignation Example - 8+ Free Documents in PDF, Doc
Sample Recommendation Letter Format - 8+ Free documents in ...